Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'6"

I've consider NutriSystem, but I'm so terrified that I wouldn't like the food.... the fact that they have desserts though is terribly tempting... How much of the food is really bad? I'm doing ediets deliciously yours right now, but there's so little to choose from, and it's so expensive in comparison...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #62  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Kelin,
NS has a guarantee. If you don't like the food in the first 30 days, you can send it back and get a refund. There is no drawback to just trying it out. It may or may not be for you.
Some of the food is icky, some good and some really good. It's a matter of personal taste, and you really need to try all the things in the menu to see what you like. I would recommend a custom package, where you pick the foods that seem the most appealing to you. Then if you decide to stick with NS, you can edit your order to include those foods you liked and exclude those you didn't.
If you do want to try it, please email me a [email protected] and I can send you a $30 coupon to try for your first order
Old 01-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #63  
atlchick819

S/C/G: 210/168/150

Height: 5'7

A friend of mine suggested looking at ebay or something similar to see if anyone is selling their foods individually.....you could just buy a few and try them to see what you like. That may help you before you put out the money.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I have bought NS off of ebay. and it can be a bargain, and it can ... not..... depending on how high the price goes, I have seen some go higher than what you can get from NS themselves. I bought mine from QVC. It is for the weekends off program. so I get 20 days of food at a time instead of 28. but I only pay $167 a month, plus shipping and tax. it comes to right about $185 a month. (that was a "Todays Special" it is now $183 a month plus tax and shipping) Then I bought a large lot (something like 36 days worth) from ebay. which I am using for the weekends so that I am on all the time.
I have been doing it since Jan 1st and have lost about 5 lbs. I had done LAWL in the past and lost a little but I really like NS. years ago I did Jenny Craig and liked it. but after doing it twice, I don't want to have to go in and weigh and see someone, I just want to eat and lose weight.

Last edited by zambejaly5; 01-14-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #65  

Hi Everyone -

Hope everyone is doing well. I am still at it 100%. I am finding the NS program to be very easy.

Kelin - I think everyone has different tastes. I had been reading reviews on the NS website about the food and it made me very nervous. I am on day 10 and there has only been one thing that I absolutely never want to see again (pasta with beef)...other than that one I have been pleasantly surprised!

Good Luck!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #66  
The Radiant One

Hi everyone! Hope you are all sticking with the plan and having success! I made it through the whole weekend eating my plan! I do have a bagel and cream cheese on sunday mornings, that has been something that DH and I do every week for years and years. So, one thing that I kept in place. However, I make sure it is a multi grain bagel and light cream cheese.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #67  
atlchick819

Ok, so got my food yesterday and made it through one day today....wasn't too bad. The Nutrisystem food was pretty good after all. I just have to get used to actually eating healthy foods like salad and fruit, etc. Well, what I don't get is what can you "add"....I see the sites for making it taste better, etc and I see how some people add bread to the hamburger and chicken, but how do I know if that is ok or not? Do I just aim to stay under 1500 calories or something? Please help a newbie b/c I would like to use the bread or pitas to make a sandwich of some sort this week. I am going to try hard and be strong not to weigh myself everyday b/c I know I can get addicted to that and hopeless if the number doesn't move. Man oh Man was it hard to get that water in. I guess I don't drink much b/c I still have 3 more servings of 8 oz to go......

thanks!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:15 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Tuesday nite

Hi ATl:

yeah it took a little while for me to get adjusted to all the fruit and veg too. Now I almost always have an apple with me when I leave the house.

Glad the food is working for you!

YOu get one slice of bread with the hamburger, the chicken pattie and the sloppy joes. I usually get the lite bread at the market.

Good luck!

Sno
Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #69  
The Radiant One

Angela, did you get a yellow meal planner with your food? That tells you what you should add. The hamburger and chicken breast tell you to add a bun on the package.
Make sure you get in all your dairy/protein and fruit/veggie additions - and don't skip the fat serving! I eat cashews for my fat serving

Another great weigh in - 2 pounds down!!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #70  
oakgiraffes

S/C/G: 250/181/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone,

I have read this enitre thread and am very encouraged by your posts. You have all done so great.

I started NS today. So far have only had breakfast and lunch. The breakfast bar and bean soup was very good.

I have already lost 70lbs. with eating better and alot of exercising. But I have been stuck at a plateu for over a year now. I went on Slim Fast and didn't lose. I have another 50lbs. to lose. So I am hoping that NS will help me along.

I am on the 5 days on, 2 day off program. I purchased the plan through QVC. I thought the price was quite reasonable. Don't know how it compares to purchasing directly from the NS site.

A little about myself. I am 49 years old. Mother of two young adult men. I've been married for 25 years. I live in the Detroit Metropolitan area. My favorite form of exercise is walking. I do alot of it. I walk 7-10 miles a day, 6 days a week.

Looking forward to being a regular poster here. And keeping up with all of you. Again, I'm so impressed by everyone's progress. You are all terrific!

Annie
Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #71  
The Radiant One

Welcome Annie! I started NS to break a plateau as well, working pretty well!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #72  
atlchick819

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
Angela, did you get a yellow meal planner with your food? That tells you what you should add. The hamburger and chicken breast tell you to add a bun on the package.
Make sure you get in all your dairy/protein and fruit/veggie additions - and don't skip the fat serving! I eat cashews for my fat serving

Another great weigh in - 2 pounds down!!

Congrats to the weight loss....seems like every time you post you are losing so that is wonderful and encouraging! I took day two by storm....stayed on plan even when DH and my son had Chick Fil A.... I didn't realize they had those instructions on the package so I will be sure to check that out when I get to the hamburger part. I was less hungry today. I think that I was detoxing from the sugar and caffeine yesterday. I know it says you can drink all the diet soda you like but I see it has a lot of sodium and all I see on all of the instructions is to watch sodium to help from retaining water weight. Normally, I would have at least a 1 liter of diet mt dew a day...so trying to replace that with water and doing good so far.....Still working on the water though as I find it hard to drink that much. I must need to move more so my body needs it more.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #73  
atlchick819

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakgiraffes View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have read this enitre thread and am very encouraged by your posts. You have all done so great.

I started NS today. So far have only had breakfast and lunch. The breakfast bar and bean soup was very good.

I have already lost 70lbs. with eating better and alot of exercising. But I have been stuck at a plateu for over a year now. I went on Slim Fast and didn't lose. I have another 50lbs. to lose. So I am hoping that NS will help me along.

I am on the 5 days on, 2 day off program. I purchased the plan through QVC. I thought the price was quite reasonable. Don't know how it compares to purchasing directly from the NS site.

A little about myself. I am 49 years old. Mother of two young adult men. I've been married for 25 years. I live in the Detroit Metropolitan area. My favorite form of exercise is walking. I do alot of it. I walk 7-10 miles a day, 6 days a week.

Looking forward to being a regular poster here. And keeping up with all of you. Again, I'm so impressed by everyone's progress. You are all terrific!

Annie
Wow that is impressive to have lost 70 lbs and kept it off. I have no doubt you can lose that last bit. Good luck and welcome! Everyone hear is very encouraging. I just started yesterday myself.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #74  
atlchick819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbrocade View Post
Hi ATl:

yeah it took a little while for me to get adjusted to all the fruit and veg too. Now I almost always have an apple with me when I leave the house.

Glad the food is working for you!

YOu get one slice of bread with the hamburger, the chicken pattie and the sloppy joes. I usually get the lite bread at the market.

Good luck!

Sno
Thanks, when I picked my food...I didnt see an option for sloppy joes or chicken patty though? did you have to order a la carte?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default entrees

ATl:

Hmm-maybe they dont make it anymore

Everyone is doing so great!

Seems like my weight loss is stalling a little--I've been doing a bunch of exercise too. Today I did a 45 minute walk and then did about 1.5 hours of gardening--hope that will help.

Had the beef stew tonight on top of a pile of green beans--pretty good!

sno
Closed Thread