Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/130

Height: 5"5

Sno,
I tried emailing you but it failed to go through, is that your correct email address? Let me know, and thanks again for the coupon offer. Oh, do you need my mailing address or is it an internet coupon?
~Amy
Old 02-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #152  

Hi Everyone!

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Amy - Welcome! I started NS on 1/3/08 and have lost 15.2 lbs. I lost alot the first week, and then the scale starting going up....everything worked out and it did go back down, I think I just needed to adjust to the new way of eating. The program is great. You learn about portions and everything is laid out for you. Good luck and post often!

Sue
Old 02-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgal88 View Post
Sno,
I tried emailing you but it failed to go through, is that your correct email address? Let me know, and thanks again for the coupon offer. Oh, do you need my mailing address or is it an internet coupon?
~Amy
Whoops! I wrote it out wrong--here it is:

[email protected]

Sno
Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #154  

Well, I did it! I placed my first order tonite with NS and I am really looking forward to loosing all this weight. Thanks for sending me the coupon, Sno, that really helped to take off a good chunk of change from my order, I really appreciate it! Now I just hope they don't forget to include my free week with the order like their ad says because I signed up for auto-delivery and have been cruising through their site reading. I've never done a diet like this before, in fact the only one I did was the Atkin's quite a few years ago, and other than that, I've never dieted. So I was a bit unsure about doing NS but after reading other people's feedback it helped make my decision a lot easier to know there are real people out there who are doing it too. So thanks everyone for talking with me!
~Amy
Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 AM   #155  
atlchick819

S/C/G: 210/168/150

Height: 5'7

You're welcome LOL
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #156  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Amy! You know, you have 30 days to try NS - they have a guarantee, so don't be afraid to fully embrace it for a month. Don't make up your mind in the first couple of days.

Here are a couple of tips to get ready for your shipment.
Make space in your cupboard! If you can, do separate shelves for each meal - so you can easily grab your breakfast, lunch or dinner. When you get your box, sort it by meal and then check it against your invoice so that you make sure you got everything. Keep in mind that your free week will be a chosen by NS
You will need to add dairy/protein, fruits, veggies, a fat serving into your meals. If you have over 100 pounds to lose, you also get to add low GI carb servings to a couple meals. So shop for these items. Your meal planner will have circles for you to check off at each meal to make sure you are eating all you should be.
Good suggestions for protein additions are:
skim or 1% milk
string cheese
eggs
boca burgers
small cans of tuna
cooked chicken (1 ounce)
yogurt
morningstar breakfast sausage patty (one of my faves)

Basically your protein serving should be up to 120 calories, have a minimum of 7 grams of protein and no more than 5 grams of fat.

The fat serving doesn't have to be just oil. I use nuts for my fat serving (cashews or almonds). About 10 grams of nuts is a fat serving, I weigh them, since nuts vary in size. Do not skip the fat serving, it is important for your gall bladder and to prevent hair loss from dieting.

I would suggest that you check the calories on your entrees, and for the first few days, eat the ones with the higher calorie count. This will help you be less hungry. It took me 3-4 days before I wasn't hungry when I started. Also - space out your food. Some people eat the breakfast entree, then an hour or so later eat the protein addition plus the fruit.
Experiment and have fun!

Last edited by fiberlover; 02-11-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #157  
The Radiant One

Here are a couple progress photos. This current one was taken this morning - down 80 pounds

Before

Current

Last edited by fiberlover; 02-11-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #158  

Thank you Lori for all your great advice. I love those morningstar patties too, lol! Wow you look great, it's amazing how much you've lost already and it's inspiring to see the pics. I can't wait to get started on this, let's hope it arrives quick like a bunny!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #159  

Hi Everyone -

Happy Monday

Amy - I second Lori's advice, while you are waiting get everything ready..it really helps.

Lori - OMG, you look absolutely amazing....a true inspiration!!!!!! Congrats!

Sue
Old 02-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #160  

Default my pics too!

My pics too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avatar.jpg (21.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg before.jpg (52.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #161  

By the way--Lori--how do you get a full size pic into the post?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #162  
The Radiant One

Sno - you look great! You have such a cute shape!
To get a full size picture, just use the IMG and point it to where you are hosting your picture

So it would be:
[ IMG]http://yourwebsite.com/yourphoto.jpg[/IMG ]

(remove the space by the brackets - I needed that in there to show the code)

If you have the URL of your picture - then just click on the little icon in the posting box that looks like the picture of a mountain. It will ask for the URL and post it for you.

Last edited by fiberlover; 02-11-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #163  

Sno -

OMG! You look great! I think you are right about not losing more....unbelievable...

Sue
Old 02-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #164  

Default Tuesday

Hi all:

I got up early for a MD apt and lo and behold it got cancelled! I still have another apt for 145 but now I can relax and do internet before I do my walk.

Lori: on your before and after pics--what a change! You must be so happy--and you look stronger and more energetic in your current pic. It is so amusing that your before pic has you with that giant stuffed animal. In my before pic, my hubby took my picture with a huge Henry VIII cutout at Hampton court--when the picture was taken--summer of '06, I felt as huge as Henry.

Amy: It is good to just try everthing the first month and then you know what to order next time! Lori gave you some fantastic tips--I would add that I always keep an apple, a lunch bar and a string cheese in my purse so that I have the right food with me for when I get hungry. Also it isnt good to go for long periods without eating--it slows the metabolism. And for fat I almost always have 5 olives on my salad--they are so flavorful that it is a big treat for me. Oh--and water water water--I learned that sometimes when I got hungry or cravey that I actually was dehydrated and if I drank a few glasses of water I felt better. Try to drink 96 oz a day--it really helps weight loss and keeps the weight from fluctuating so much. Plus we have a lot of junk to flush out. I try to drink a liter before breakfast, lunch and dinner that way I get my full amount not too late in the day. Once it is a habit you feel thirsty if you dont get all the water.

Sue: thanks for the kudos. It is funny that I feel good about how I look at 184--before I was never happy at 150. I think learning to appreciate my body has broke thru some of my body image issues. Also I really dont like the bony thin look that I used to think was mandatory--I like to look like a woman, you know? At this weight I have to have a pillow under me when I sit or my sit bones hurt--the same in the bathtub.

Have a fantastic nutrisystem day all!

Sno
Old 02-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #165  

oh and Amy--dont be shy to send stuff back if you dont like it or they sent the wrong thing--I sent a bunch of stuff back I didnt like and it was much better to do the trade.
Closed Thread