I found LOTS of Nutrisystem meals at Big Lots!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am not on Nutrisystem, but I thought that I would come in here and pass this along, maybe save someone some money.

At my local Big Lots, I found a large lot of Nutrisystem meals there. They had the boxed dinners, and they had some of the microwaveable lunches/dinners, too. (Not the freeze dried cups, but the good ones.

You might check out your Big Lots if you have one near you, and scour the aisles for them. I found some in the front, and more in the food section here and there.

Just from my memory they had:

~microwaveable cup: Chili $1.00
    ~microwaveable cup: chicken noodle soup $1.00
    ~microwaveable cup: chicken noodles with vegetables $1.00

~box: hot dogs $3.00
    ~box: meatloaf/potatoes $3.00
    ~box: southwest chicken $3.00
    ~box: new orleans chicken/rice $3.00

There could be other varieties there as well, I could only remember so many of them.
  • wow. See, I love Big Lots because sometimes you can find some really neat stuff you would never expect. I have found some pretty expensive beauty products there before- name brand stuff that would normally cost a fortune.
  • they also have a HUGE selection of wasa crackers and ryecrisps... the wasa crackers are like 1.50---that's over 1.50 less than the grocery store wants for them!!!

they also have this cereal I've come to love... It's called Zoe O's ...yummy!
  • I wonder why there selling nutrisystem food?? Is it not going to be sold through there site anymore?
  • Big Lots buys "lots" from other companies. Why the company is selling the items can vary, such as over-runs (the company just made too many), factory mistakes (could be something as simple as a misprinted label, or during manufacturing the "incorrect" amount of one of the ingredients was added, or they may weigh too much or too little....), bankruptcy stocks, old stock (the item hasn't "expired," but the company has changed the item or it's packaging and is selling off the older version.

Basically, Big Lots mostly sells other companies' "leftovers." It's why the prices are so great, but also why the items vary so much, and why you may find a great item and never see anything like it ever again.
  • Yes, some items such as their brand of baby diapers or Little Debbie snacks at a slight discount-will be there always. Other times, they will have something that they get in once, and never again.

Because of the fact that there was only about 10 different food varieties there (rather than their entire line) lead me to believe that they are overstock of a few varieties in particular. There were no muffins, desserts, pizzas, etc.-the varieties that seem to be the most "popular" by consumers.
  • I went to our local store yesterday and they were out of all the NS food. I asked the clerk if there was any left, and she said they sold out in a few hours Sunday. The people came in and bought supplies for months at a time. Must be a very popular diet in my area!
  • NS came out with their Advanced line of food - so all the Nourish ones are what you are finding in Big Lots.
  • Wow...in just the 6 years that I have been here at 3FC, they have had their original version, then Nourish, now Advanced. There have also been many individual recipes that have been reformulated within those three lines.

What are they going to call the next version?
  • Quote: Wow...in just the 6 years that I have been here at 3FC, they have had their original version, then Nourish, now Advanced. There have also been many individual recipes that have been reformulated within those three lines.

What are they going to call the next version?
    Probably something like "The Food of the Future"
  • I went to one of the many Big Lots around here and they didn't have any. I'll stop by another one if I happen to be around one. I've always wanted to try it, but I'm not paying for a whole month of food that I might not like. I did see a stockpile of Wasa crackers though. They also have lots of soups, cereals, and oatmeal for cheap too. But Big Lots has always been a nightmare for me -- they've got tons of cookies and candy too. And if I see something I haven't tried before, I can't help myself. Today I found Cacao Reserve (I LOVE the chocolate) hot cocoa. I got it.
  • Same with my area they sold out in one day at all the stores!!
  • Apologies for resuscitating a dead thread as my first post, but I thought that some may be interested to know that not all Big Lots stores are out.
    Quote: I went to our local store yesterday and they were out of all the NS food. I asked the clerk if there was any left, and she said they sold out in a few hours Sunday. The people came in and bought supplies for months at a time. Must be a very popular diet in my area!
    Well, not in ALL parts of Ohio! I live in SW Ohio, and on my last trip through Big Lots, I saw about a half of an aisle of the stuff!
  • I saw more this week in my Big Lots store as well-it looks to me as if they ran out before...but got a new shipment in. This time, my store is carrying a DIFFERENT variety of items than they had before-taco dinner, vegetable beef soup, and others I remember seeing.
  • Thanks for the heads up on nutrisystem food
    Hi,
    I was able to get a few items but Other than the chili which I enjoyed ,I was not impressed with the other items. The hot dogs were not something I could eat-they had an odd smoke flavor and at $3.00 far more than the ff oscar ones.

It is worth a try and better thn buying a months worth. I don't think it is the program for me.

Sheridan