Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #46  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc View Post
Hey folks. I'm starting BistroMD tonite...my food is on the delivery truck even as we speak...I'm SO excited!!!! I've lost 33lbs since starting on food delivery (ediets then PFFS) in March, but still have 72 to go, so I'm on this for the long haul. I want to get to 165, and then I'll assess where I want to go from there. I love this whole meal delivery thing. I'm single and don't cook, so it is perfect for me. I'm staying on the 7 day plan til I hit my goal, but even then, I'm sure I'll hang onto a 5 day plan to maintain. I'm just so spoiled now by the convenience that I can't imagine going back to fending for myself (although I'm sure that Domino and Steak-out's stock has dropped drastically over the last 5 months )
LOL That's hilarious! (I'm in the same boat; sure that a few local eateries are missing me terribly. S'okay. I'll visit them again someday... just not in the same way.)

Quote:
Anyhow, you guys now have another member of the team. BTW Grace, this is Kathy, the Wii geek who posted on your blog.
Yay! Hi, Kathy!! You're so awesome! Glad to see you here!

Quote:
My food is here!
Isn't that exciting? I remember feeling like a kid on Christmas morning, being so filled with anticipation for that first delivery.

Quote:
Everything looks great, but the veggies are absolutely gorgeous. Also, really nice 'big' full meals. I had to look at the menu to figure out what was lunch vs. dinner. I love that the lunches are full meals with veggies. The variety of snacks was also impressive.
Right on! I was so very pleased to get to eat so many yummy foods! And definitely too much, each meal. That's a good thing!!

Quote:
I was initially a little concerned that there were set menus, instead of being able to select your food, but I'm now I'm glad that's the case, cause I don't have to worry about needing to try stuff, to figure out what to order next week. It's also going to be good to have the variety over the next 6 weeks. And everything on the menus sounds good.
Ooh, you'll have to share your thoughts! Since there's so little I can have (being gluten-free and all that), I'd love to know how great the other items are. Just for... uh... research.

Quote:
After doing meal delivery for 5 months, this is a great second wind for me. Looking forward to getting cranked up on it in the morning.
So awesome! I hope you reach your goal really soon. Heck, I hope all of us do. But I'm sure glad we happened to be on this journey at the same time, so we could intersect and have fun while we're at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky Monkey View Post
Hi girls,
I'm hoping to start next week! I've enjoyed reading this thread and I'm thrilled there is an option for me like food delivery. With my husband being able to eat anything (and being a picky eater) and my toddler daughter, I need something exactly like this to keep me in line. What to eat and how much to eat is perfect for me!
Awesome! I love the "not having to think about it" thing. I talked with my husband this week about possibly coming off BistroMD and just counting calories and doing Lean Cuisines and he said, "Do you really think you'll be happy having to make a shopping list and keeping up with what you have and when?"

And I realized he was totally right. Just reaching in and grabbing my meal and heating it up, grabbing my snack when it's time for that, etc., it's all been a huge part of my success. I know that's true.

So I continue.

Quote:
I have a question though...I ordered my food Sunday night, and I haven't received even 1 email from BistroMD. No confirmation email, no welcome email, nothing. Is this normal? What's up with that? I have no idea if they received my order or when they plan on shipping it....
As I mentioned either on this thread or another BistroMD thread, I'm remembering back to February here, but definitely I received an INSTANT email thanking me for my order and letting me know that another two would follow (a receipt and a delivery confirmation/tracking number from FedEx).

So, I guess it depends on your timing. You ordered on a Sunday night, which means your order probably won't be processed 'til Wednesday or Thursday for the following week's shipment. So, maybe you won't get an email until... well... today or yesterday. I don't know. Sorry. I can just report that I did get emails.

Quote:
Nice to meet you all!

Lisa
You too, Lisa. Welcome!! And I hope your food shows up soon and you join us on the journey! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaV View Post
Hi Lisa, I would call! I did receive a confirmation email from them...and then I followed up. My food JUST came today.
Yes! Never hurts to call/email and check in!

Quote:
I am very excited to have my "Bistro MD" dinner. I'm like you as well, my husband lost 15 pounds by eating only one chocolate chip cookie at night. I cannot even think of a chocolate chip cookie!
LOL Same here. It's like that commercial with the husband who cuts out soda and loses 10 pounds and the wife cuts out EVERYTHING and loses her boobs. *raises hand* Right here!!!

Quote:
I hope this thread stays active. Do we want to set up a monthly Bistro MD Buddies thread?
Don't know that we have enough active REGULAR posters to make that necessary yet. I mean, look how long it's taken to reach this many pages on THIS thread! It's just not a very busy/active plan, on 3FC, apparently. YET.

Quote:
Also, if anyone is lurking and thinking of joining. I have coupons for $50 off your first week...and I get $50 off one of my weeks.

Melissa
Ditto.

But apparently there are good sign-up discounts available too. Cool!

Let's keep going, ladies! (And didn't we have a guy here for a minute?) Here we go!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #47  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by full of grace View Post
Right on! I was so very pleased to get to eat so many yummy foods! And definitely too much, each meal. That's a good thing!!
I absolutely could not believe the size of the meals. I told my best friend last nite (who's letting me be the BistroMD guinea pig) that I saw no way that I could lose weight on this with the quantity of food, and how full I felt (all the protein?). But when you add up the calories, they hit at 1200. Amazing!

Quote:
Ooh, you'll have to share your thoughts! Since there's so little I can have (being gluten-free and all that), I'd love to know how great the other items are. Just for... uh... research.
Here's my take after my first day of food.

Breakfast
- Coffee cake - Good grief this thing was huge. The wrapper says it's 2 servings, and I believe it. It was super sweet and tasted like a sugar free pound cake. I nuked it for about 15 seconds in the wrapper and it wasn't real dry, but it did beg for a glass of milk. Next time I get it, I'll probably cut it in half and save the second half for a 'sweet attack'
- Cinnamon hot chocolate - Interesting. Not bad, but not something I would normally drink (especially in Alabama's 95 degree weather). Very sweet. After I try all of them on their own, I may take somebody's suggestion and mix them with a cup of coffee.

I ate breakfast at 9:00. At 12:30, I still wasn't the least bit hungry, but I ate lunch anyway.

Lunch
- Chicken Stir Fry - I thawed this and put it in a container to take into work so I could nuke it. Worked great. Will do this from now on. Very nice size lunch. Alot of cubed white meat. I never use salt (never have) but I love asian food and soy sauce and keep a bottle in my fridge at work, so I did put some on this. It was very tasty!

Snack
- Wild berry shake - Only got one snack in yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised with this. It wasn't chalky like I was expecting. Again, not something that I would normally keep around, but not bad at all. And very functional. I normally get hungry around 3:30 in the afternoon. That's when I had this, and it kept me satisfied. Maybe it's just a psychological thing, but I think there is definitely something in the hi-protein thing and feeling full.

Dinner
- Chicken stuffed with apples and cherries - WOW. I had this thawed. I put it all on a plate, and stuck it in the nuker for 2 1/2 minutes (I'm so bad about cooking, I don't even want to boil water ). Everything came out perfect. I picked this cause I thought it would be my least favorite dinner of the week, but I loved it.

To all of you who've been on this for awhile, is all the food this good, or did I just luck in to picking some killer stuff on my first day?

Quote:
So awesome! I hope you reach your goal really soon. Heck, I hope all of us do. But I'm sure glad we happened to be on this journey at the same time, so we could intersect and have fun while we're at it.
Thanks for the welcome. It's great to have camaraderie on this adventure. Special thanks to you Grace for your blog, sense of humor, and wealth of experience. As I've said before, I've still got over 70lbs to go, so I'm expecting to be hanging around for at least another 10 months. And if the food stays as good as my first day was, I'll be on this board that entire time! Let the party begin!!!

-Kathy
Old 08-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #48  

Hi to all, My boxes are unpacked and I begin tomorrow. I am on the five day-plus-snack plan and I think I'll try South Beach and Kashi frozens for the other two days. Any other ideas for those two days? I have "been there, done that" for almost every diet imaginable and this combines the best of what has worked for me with the best for me-no shopping and no cooking! And, so you all say-delicious food!

I only have access to a microwave at work so I am glad to hear that this will work too.

My goals:
* stomach smaller than boobs
* knees that like to go upstairs
* shape that does not resemble my GrandMother's (who was known as a "fine figure of a woman" in her day)
* not paying extra for plus size garments (do size zero women receive discounts because their dresses have less fabric? hmmmm...)
* ability to beat mii's into submission (yes, I love Wii, too!!)
and many others too numerous to mention.

Best wishes to us all !

Rosie
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #49  

Wow, I forgot to check the thread for a few days and look at all the activity!! Welcome newcomers and YEA! for a growing team of bistro-md'ers.

Before I forget, here's the link Grace:
darkdining.com/
Looks like they're open in San Diego, LA and now SF. It's quite an interesting idea--did I mention how enormous the portions seemed? It's definitely not a place for a diet, you can't even see what you're eating LOL!

So let's see: Today my husband made plain oatmeal and I made my oatmeal supplement and mixed them together--SO MUCH BETTER than trying to eat that supplement alone, all sticky and gooey and gross. Together it was quite tasty.

Tomorrow is my birthday! I'm going off the diet for the day. Actually, to be honest, I've been terrible this week, adding in foods I shouldn't be eating. And I still don't have access to a scale. I have to figure this out or I'll be wasting money on a diet that I'm not sticking to. At least I'm exercising!

The food is so good and the portions so big, but I still get hungry late at night. I'm a late nighter. So I smartly saved snacks a couple of days this week, and was able to eat them later. But at work I totally ate goodies several times. Ohhhhh. I should also stock up on apples and other healthy snacks, at least, so I don't fall prey to the hubby's ice cream addiction...

I'm glad the thawing/tupperware idea caught on.

I think they send those $50 coupons with every order; I wasn't sure if it was okay to post that I have one of those.

As far as emailing with the kind folks at Bistro MD: Definitely get in touch with them and make sure your order is clear. I've had a lot of issues with mistaken billing, missed orders, and confusing credits back. I'm still doing the math, since my billing has been broken up into two or three bills at least once, with credits given back a couple times, and oh my I have no idea if it's all correct or not. But at least they are happy to send me detailed explanations each time.

Does anyone hear watch "How to Look Good Naked"? I love that show. I feel like eating well, exercising, and learning to love my body just the way it is all go hand in hand. Because if I'm too focused on how I want to be in the future, I'll miss out on RIGHT NOW and RIGHT NOW is over as soon as I type it! So, I've been swimming (in a bathing suit, eek!) and dancing around the living room, and leaving the lights on...

Okay ladies I'm off to work. Have a wonderful day, a wonderful weekend, and stay beautiful.

Emily
Old 08-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #50  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCat View Post

My goals:
* stomach smaller than boobs
* knees that like to go upstairs
* shape that does not resemble my GrandMother's (who was known as a "fine figure of a woman" in her day)
* not paying extra for plus size garments (do size zero women receive discounts because their dresses have less fabric? hmmmm...)
* ability to beat mii's into submission (yes, I love Wii, too!!)
and many others too numerous to mention.

Best wishes to us all !

Rosie
Most excellent goals!!! I was telling my friend that I was suffering from boobiesdo syndrome (my tummy sticks out more than my boobiesdo) so I can relate. Have you gotten the FIT for your Wii yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drum4tiger View Post

I'm glad the thawing/tupperware idea caught on.

Emily
This was a brilliant idea. Thanks!! The bag thingy was one of the main negatives of this program for me, because having to boil them is just plain inconvenient, especially at work. This solved the problem. And I find it hard to believe that the food can taste much better boiled than it does when you nuke it thawed, cause mine's been really tasty. Also, a little tip that came in the stuff they send you, says if you want to thaw something quickly out of the freezer, fill the outer bag with warm water and wait 5 minutes. I tried it and it worked.
-Kathy
Old 08-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #51  

No Wii Fit. I had to order the wii from CA it is so hard to get in my neck of the woods. I am playing tennis, golf, bowling and the boxing is a hoot and a good workout! I would love to try that hula-hoop though! I had one when they first came out and was terrible at it! My, I date myself!!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #52  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Talking

Quote:
I absolutely could not believe the size of the meals. I told my best friend last nite (who's letting me be the BistroMD guinea pig) that I saw no way that I could lose weight on this with the quantity of food, and how full I felt (all the protein?). But when you add up the calories, they hit at 1200. Amazing!
Isn't that cool? It's really nice to learn that it's probably butter-rich preparations of foods doled out in the same portions at restaurants (not to mention oversized portions, high sodium, high glycemic index balance, etc.) that have our perception of what's a "normal meal" so skewed. I too was shocked at first, how much food I was eating in a day on BistroMD, but once you realize what GOOD food is, it makes all the difference! Very eye-opening!

Quote:
Here's my take after my first day of food.
Gotta tell you, you make that day's menu sound REALLY tasty! LOL

Quote:
To all of you who've been on this for awhile, is all the food this good, or did I just luck in to picking some killer stuff on my first day?
Keep in mind that I've only sampled a third of the entire BistroMD menu, due to gluten, but I'd say 90% of what I *have* had is AMAZING. I've only had a couple of things that--after trying it--made me say, "Don't send that again," but it's more a matter of PREFERENCE than an actual DISLIKE of anything I've tried.

Honestly, their food is amazing and I've said from the very beginning that if I can afford to do so, I'll stay on it even after I've reached my weightloss goals, just because it's so good, convenient, and healthy!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. It's great to have camaraderie on this adventure. Special thanks to you Grace for your blog, sense of humor, and wealth of experience.
Aw, thank you. Absolutely my pleasure to share my experience. And if folks get something out of it, then that's awesome.

Quote:
As I've said before, I've still got over 70lbs to go, so I'm expecting to be hanging around for at least another 10 months. And if the food stays as good as my first day was, I'll be on this board that entire time! Let the party begin!!!
Yeah, baby! I'm really looking forward to hearing more food reviews from you (especially b/c you're having things I can't have). Do you have a blog? I'll subscribe if you do, just to keep up!! (Reminds me... I'm behind in my own blog posts. Whoops!)

Quote:
Hi to all, My boxes are unpacked and I begin tomorrow.
Woo hoo!

Quote:
I am on the five day-plus-snack plan and I think I'll try South Beach and Kashi frozens for the other two days. Any other ideas for those two days?
I think that sounds good. I do the five-day plan and I don't actually take two days off per week. Here's how. I take a MEAL off each of a couple of days during the week and then that means that all SEVEN days are BistroMD days, but a couple of the days have a "meal on my own" instead. Does that make sense?

At first, I followed the BistroMD "menu" to the letter. I never deviated a bite. But then I learned I could move things around and make room for a dinner out with dessert or cocktails, calorie-wise, just by doing a little math ahead of time.

So now that I'm on five-days/no snacks, I just choose snacks that match what the BistroMD snacks are (calories, fat, protein, sodium) and take a meal "off" every few days. But that meal "off" is almost always something CLOSE to what the BistroMD meal would've been.

Quote:
I have "been there, done that" for almost every diet imaginable and this combines the best of what has worked for me with the best for me-no shopping and no cooking! And, so you all say-delicious food!
No shopping, no cooking is a huge plus for me.

Quote:
My goals:
Those are awesome goals, Rosie. So glad you're with us on this journey! Keep kickin' butt!!

Quote:
Wow, I forgot to check the thread for a few days and look at all the activity!! Welcome newcomers and YEA! for a growing team of bistro-md'ers.
Isn't it great???

Quote:
Before I forget, here's the link Grace:
darkdining.com/
Looks like they're open in San Diego, LA and now SF. It's quite an interesting idea--did I mention how enormous the portions seemed? It's definitely not a place for a diet, you can't even see what you're eating LOL!
THANK YOU!! I'm so checking that out!! Yes... definitely for a day off!!

Quote:
So let's see: Today my husband made plain oatmeal and I made my oatmeal supplement and mixed them together--SO MUCH BETTER than trying to eat that supplement alone, all sticky and gooey and gross. Together it was quite tasty.
Yay! Victory!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Tomorrow is my birthday! I'm going off the diet for the day. Actually, to be honest, I've been terrible this week, adding in foods I shouldn't be eating.
Hey, some weeks are better than others. First... Awesome!!! Hope you have a wonderful celebration. Second... even doing a "terrible" week in which you add more foods than you "should" eat is probably better than a "regular" week back before you were working on your diet at all, right?

(Just guessing. That's the case, here. I always have to celebrate doing BETTER than I was doing, before I was working on this.)

Quote:
And I still don't have access to a scale. I have to figure this out or I'll be wasting money on a diet that I'm not sticking to. At least I'm exercising!
Glad you're exercising, for sure. Can you visit a Bed Bath and Beyond and step on a scale there, just to get an idea?

Quote:
The food is so good and the portions so big, but I still get hungry late at night. I'm a late nighter. So I smartly saved snacks a couple of days this week, and was able to eat them later. But at work I totally ate goodies several times. Ohhhhh. I should also stock up on apples and other healthy snacks, at least, so I don't fall prey to the hubby's ice cream addiction...
I choose a handful of nuts or an extra snack pack from BistroMD. (Like some days I didn't get to my second snack or my cocoa, so I ate that extra snack or drank the cocoa on a day when I was really hungry.) I figure, keeping it healthy and portion-controlled is a better choice than just "feeding the beast."

Quote:
I think they send those $50 coupons with every order; I wasn't sure if it was okay to post that I have one of those.
Yeah. I now have 25+ of those! LOL

Quote:
Does anyone hear watch "How to Look Good Naked"? I love that show. I feel like eating well, exercising, and learning to love my body just the way it is all go hand in hand. Because if I'm too focused on how I want to be in the future, I'll miss out on RIGHT NOW and RIGHT NOW is over as soon as I type it! So, I've been swimming (in a bathing suit, eek!) and dancing around the living room, and leaving the lights on...
Good for you!!!!!! I love that show and totally agree that it's a WHOLE effort. Feeling better, loving self, living in the moment... it all goes together. Absolutely, I'm learning to love myself.

My husband says, "Oooh, you're looking good." And I reply, "Better every day, baby!" So it both acknowledges that I'm doing good work AND that it's only getting better from here.

Quote:
Okay ladies I'm off to work. Have a wonderful day, a wonderful weekend, and stay beautiful.
Yay! You too, Emily!!

Quote:
I was telling my friend that I was suffering from boobiesdo syndrome (my tummy sticks out more than my boobiesdo) so I can relate.
LOL LOL LOL LOL

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that the food can taste much better boiled than it does when you nuke it thawed, cause mine's been really tasty.
I've had it both ways and I can't say that it's THAT much better boiled than thawed, but I do prefer it. (Like, maybe just slightly.) What I really prefer is that it's less mess, boiling (for me. I have a great set-up now).

Quote:
No Wii Fit. I had to order the wii from CA it is so hard to get in my neck of the woods. I am playing tennis, golf, bowling and the boxing is a hoot and a good workout! I would love to try that hula-hoop though! I had one when they first came out and was terrible at it! My, I date myself!!
Awesome!! Hope you get the Wii Fit soon. But even those Wii games are good fun, aren't they? I just laugh and laugh and laugh, playing them all.

Oh, I'm just so happy to have such a good group, here.

Yay, us!

Have a great weekend, everyone! XO
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #53  
klc

Default BistroMD blog

Grace, in answer to your question, no I don't have a blog...yet. When looking for BMD blogs, yours was the only one I found, and it was one of the main reasons I switched over to BMD. Your blog is incredible, but obviously (as you've said) has limitations on food reviews due to the gluten issue. I'll get one cranked up if there isn't another one out there with the full menu on it ...don't want to step on someone's toes . BMD used to be a very expensive plan comparatively, but with all the 'fresh food' guys raising their prices, it's now leveled the playing field, so I think we'll see a ton of folks joining our group.

BTW, for those of you trying to figure out shipping time, the distribution point is in Indiana, just outside of Louisville, KY. Personally, I love it. I'm in north central Alabama (Huntsville), so they ship it one day, I get it the next.

As a non-diet side note (I hope this is not bad form) if you guys know of any Software engineers wanting a great place to live, let me know.
-Kathy
Old 08-09-2008, 01:28 AM   #54  

Aw, thank you for the birthday wishes. I just saw you are in Hollywood so off you go on a special day to the dark as night restaurant! It's really expensive (we were treated by a friend).

Hubby and I are cleaning the house for guests, and I must get back to it. Thanks for all the encouragement. You are right I probably am eating better even with added snacks, and I am taking your advice right and left so I'm sure to benefit

I'll check back on Sunday. goodnight!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 137/131.5/125

Height: 5'6

Wow, you guys have been chatty. I'm watching the olympics....

My take so far, the Bagel wasn't that great. Everything else has been fabulous. I had the cheese ravioli today, um, yummers!

I'm so excited to see people who are doing the same thing I'm doing. It is fun to share ideas with everyone.

I had to move some food around for convenience purposes...but, I'm really enjoying the food. It is making my husband jealous that he has to cook all of his food. However, he weighs about 5 pounds.

Rosie cat, if that works for you, let me know. I'd like to cut down so that the cost is more manageable.

Drumtiger, enjoy your guests!

KLC, my stomach sticks out further than my butt does...so, I feel your pain. I'm ready to lose some boobs....

Grace, wow, that is a lot of coupons. I was just thinking I could share the wealth...you know?

Doesn't it feel great to be empowering yourself to get it off? I've been complaining for 2 years now that I'm just getting bigger...and have been spinning a lot of hot air. Now, I'm doing something about it.

Be proud!
Old 08-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #56  
klc

Default weigh-in day

3lbs this week for a total of 36lbs. WOO-HOO Had to share...there aren't many people around me that would understand why I'm excited about weighing 233 LOL. I had a goal set for this week to reach 35lb, which means I've lost a third of my goal weight. Blew that baby away

I think alot of the reason for the big drop was the change over to Bistro mid week, with the major change in protein...gave my system a jolt. I'm sure it will stabilize next week. Just hope I don't gain. Oh well carpe diet!
-Kathy
Old 08-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 137/131.5/125

Height: 5'6

Kathy, yippee!!! Congratulations. I am not officially weighing in until Thursday. But, I will say that I'm "unofficially" down 1 pound!
Old 08-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #58  
klc

Yay to you Melissa. That is wonderful that you're moving already! Looking forward to the party on Thursday! Like you, I'm terrible about doing 'sneak preview' weigh-ins during the week....I can't stand it...I've gotta peek.

And thanks for the strokes. This is a big psychological hurdle for me. The most weight I've lost on a diet was in college, when I was horrified that I hit 160 <G> and dropped to 125, stayed there for about 30 seconds, and then maintained a more realistic weight (for me) of 135-140. Since then, over the years (way too many than I want to admit to) I've done them all (Nutra, Jenny, low carb, etc) at increasing OMG levels (180, 205, 222, 242). For one 'reason' or another, I'd fall off the wagon before hitting a 30lb weight loss. So the fact that I've hit it, gone past it, and am still very happily moving along, is wonderful mind candy for me. Again thanks for the strokes. And back atcha
-Kathy (now with only 2 chins)
Old 08-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #59  

I think watching the Olympic volleyball matches is a very good diet & exercise motivator!

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday today. I'm defrosting foods for Monday and looking forward to some chicken & pasta puttanesca...I have raviolis this week and I'm excited!

Unfortunately, out here in California the delivery arrival day is Friday, it takes 5 days or something to get here. I wish I got them overnight, I think it's what has made my billing experiences more confusing (billed for food I haven't received, since it takes so long in the mail). But that dry ice is incredible. My food doesn't defrost overnight in the fridge, even.

Hubby poured on batch of dry ice in the kitchen sink and then made a halloween-like spooky smoking sink for fun. I was running around wiping off the wood cabinetry worried it would harm the wood! LOL but anyway, I digress...

Birthday was a blast, I got two stainless steel water holders to replace my relentless use of too much plastic (yay!) and went swimming. My that is good exercise. Anyone a swimmer here? I'm not, but I guess I will start because after 1.5 laps I was exhausted and my muscles were working. Seems like a great way to burn calories. Is a person supposed to stretch first?

Kathy--keep going strong! You are my inspiration today.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #60  

Hi, Friends! I started on Saturday and I am very happy with the food. Breakfasts are ok-really love hot chocolate so that helps, snacks are ok but lunch and dinner have been terrific! I am almost happy that the weather here has been so bad, we have had three weeks of rain, so that I am not boiling water in steamy weather. So far, so good.

I do have to remember to stop drinking water around 5PM so I can sleep all night!

I am plotting an alternative to my two days without Bistro and if it works and I am not trying to leap out of the car as I am passing restaurants, I'll let you know.

Onward and downward!

Rosie
Closed Thread