Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #106  
klc

My eating is going great. This stuff does do a good job of keeping me full. My exercise has been non-existent during the olympics tho.

Have you gotten your food? Waffles! It's weird tho, cause the what came in the box matched the menu that came in the box saying 'red', but didn't match the red menu on the web. Wish they'd fix that. There were a couple things showing on the web menu that I wanted to try.

Are you a guru on protein bars by chance? I'm looking at the snacks on the web (just went to 7 day no snacks) and discovered that the Crisp 'n Crunch bars (along with a few other things) are packaged under different brand names. It appears that WonderSlim may be the main guys, but other store fronts have their name on them. Any idea if they're all the same? Have you ordered from any of these places before? Recommendations?
-Kathy
Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #107  

Default waiting for my one lonely week

well my first and only week of Bistro will arrive tomorrow and I am anxious to taste it. I am going to take a 2 week break from delivery. I am still really sad about Bistro MD but will have to find options that I can use.
I got the Hungry Girl cookbook...... wow it is really cool and so good for an individual as lots of the items are for just one , makes it easy for you if you are the only one dieting in you family.
I also checked the Sam's site to see if they were still selling the Bistro MD products but could not find anything. Anyone know what happened to that process ?

I would like to try to add a protein supplement to my dieting above what may come with the meals.. Have any of you tired a protein supplement and if so which one do you or have you used ??? Which one to stay away from as well..Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Last edited by crenita; 08-21-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 137/131.5/125

Height: 5'6

Kathy, I am about to order the snacks as well. I do like the snacks. I'll go check out that company that you were discussing earlier. But, no..I haven't looked around. A long time ago when I was NO carbing...I used PURE protein. But, they have a lot of sugar alcohols thus, a lot of farting. I was single at the time and it didn't matter!

Renita, try the Biggest Loser cookbook as well. My husband weighs 5 pounds and HE Loves that cookbook. He cooks something from it every night! I recommend a protein powder in vanilla. Chocolate always tastes like poop....from those companies. I always use EAS. But, it is expensive and I'm sure you can find a cheaper brand at Sam's. I put it in yogurt and everything.

Down 1 pound this week. Sigh.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #109  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaV View Post
Kathy, I am about to order the snacks as well. I do like the snacks. I'll go check out that company that you were discussing earlier.

Hey wild woman, you're doing great!!! 3.5lbs in 2 weeks is wonderful! At that rate, you're definitely going to be a short timer on the board. We're missing you already LOL!

The protein site that I've found that has the best selection, prices, free shipping etc is

http://www.myhealthmanagement.com/

They have their own name on the box of bars (and other WonderSlim products), but the other than the name, the box looks exactly like the WonderSlim, etc, so I'm assuming that they can order the same product from the manufacturer as a store brand. They have the Kay's Naturals protein chips that I really liked as well. There are a handful of other things that I'm going to try one of (like Kay's wasabi pretzels) just to see if I like them. Also gonna get a box of the cheesecake mix, to see if I can recreate Bistro's little cheesecakes. I LOVE cheesecake...even mediocre cheesecake is better than none at all. I'm not real worried about sweets tho. Between the bars and Bistro's breakfasts, I'll have plenty of 'sweet'. For the record, it isn't going to save me much money buying my own snacks, but I'll be able to pick what I really like.

Congrats again on your successful week, after your mid-week scare

Renita, I hate that you'll be leaving us, but I understand completely. I went out 'shopping' this morning, to see what else was out there. I'm such a geek, that I put together a spreadsheet with a price comparison of the national big boys (SSHE, ChefsDiet, Bistro, PFFS, eDiets and JC). If I get industrious tonite, I'll put it together in a 'post' format, and stick it out on the main Meal Delivery level.

-Kathy
Old 08-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #110  
klc

Quote:
A long time ago when I was NO carbing...I used PURE protein. But, they have a lot of sugar alcohols thus, a lot of farting. I was single at the time and it didn't matter!
OK, I wasn't going go there, but you started it <G>.....

I raise and show great danes. ANY dog can run you out of a room, but a great dane (let alone 2) can run you out of your house! During my first week or so on Bistro, I was having a tough time with gas (as we discussed previously). At about 2:00 one morning, I woke myself up...wasn't sure if it was the noise or the smell, but something did it. The dogs sleep on their bed, at the foot of my bed, but when I opened my eyes, both of them were standing in the bedroom door staring at me. Simultaneously, they both started the "I've gotta go out" dance. I thought 'great', got up and let them out. They both walked out into the yard and just stood there breathing. Didn't have to potty, didn't bark, just stood there. Bless their hearts, I may have scarred them...they may never smell another butt.
-Kathy
Old 08-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #111  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Cool

Oh my GOSH, I've been gone so long!

Hope everyone is having a really great week/weekend/day/moment.

I'm going to try to reply to as much as I can. Wish me luck... I'm goin' in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc View Post
I love this board. There may not be many of us (yet), but we're all bad to the bone!
Right on!

Quote:
Grace, congrats on your weight drop!
Thanks, Kathy. I'm stalled out at 204 AGAIN this week. :\ Just seems to be the way it's gonna be for now.

I can't feel BAD about it, though, because people KEEP telling me how great I look and I certainly do FEEL great and know I've made a huge difference in my life/weight/health already... it's just one of those things where I sure as heck would love to see progress EVERY week.

I gotta look at the "big picture," though. I probably didn't GAIN weight EVERY week when I put it on. So, LOSING weight every week might be GREAT, but it's not like I *have to* lose every week in order to meet my goal.

Quote:
The biggie was that it still had the Mahi Mahi on it. If that had been left off, I'd have been PO'ed cause I've been dying to try it.
Have you tried it? Did you love it?

Mahi Mahi was the first BistroMD meal I tried and it remains one of my favorites, even 27 weeks later! I'm probably going to have it right now (water's boiling. Haven't decided what to pop in just yet).

Quote:
Although the apple/cherry chicken thingy was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth, the apple pork thingy didn't turn my crank. Not bad, just OK. If everything else hadn't been so incredibly good, I'd have probably loved this.
Yeah. I didn't love apple pork (or apple turkey) nearly as much as some of the other dishes. But I totally agree that it was better than I would've expected on any diet plan... except that everything on BistroMD is just so dang yummy, it sets the bar pretty high for these others.

Quote:
Next is the cinnamon roll that came with this week's order OMG!!! Poked a hole in the pack, nuked it for 45 seconds, and it was amazingly good. Grace, this may be worth a ride on the porcelain throne for (just kidding...it was good, but not THAT good)
Heh heh. You're FUNNY! There are some things I'll "go there" for... but my CSR at BistroMD is VERY aware of my gluten sensitivity and when I've asked if she could "happen" to put in something I just really want to try (based on the description), she comes back with, "uh... no. You can't have those breadcrumbs." She's like a second husband, that way. Dangit.

Quote:
And while I'm being the devil incarnate, for those of you who like to imbibe on the weekends, I did a full trade study on wine vs. vodka. Final outcome was vodka. The bang for the buck (or alcohol for the calorie/carbs as the case may be) decision was vodka. So for 65 calories (98 if you do a full 1.5 oz shot), you can have a 'yay, I made it thru another week' drink. I'm having an Absolute with Cranberry Raspberry Fuze, even as we speak...uhh...type.
Yep. I pretty much gave up wine and go straight for the vodka soda now. It's 120 calories per glass, generally. And I could never just have "one glass" of wine, so it's definitely the better choice for me.

I watched this FitTV special where a doctor goes through and covers a different diet each week. This particular week, she was covering the Zone diet (which sounds great and very do-able for me, gluten-free and all, since bread is pretty much totally OUT on the Zone). Anyway, she did a segment during this episode in which she compared all of these cocktails/drinks.

Wine was good.
Vodka with soda was better.
Rum with diet Coke was also good.
Lite beer was fine.
But fruit or cola-mixed cocktails were NOT good. And margaritas were the WORST! (Oops. I do like my 'ritas!)

Quote:
Grace, for a sanity check, go to your local pet store, and pick up a large bag of dogfood, and carry it around the store for awhile. Then put it back on the shelf, and walk the same path. THAT is when you appreciate the weight loss.
I should totally do that. Thank you for the tip. I'll pick up my big (17-pound) cat sometimes and say, "I've lost two of you!" But that doesn't have the same impact as if I could carry something that is, in fact, the nearly 40 pounds down I am from the start of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie3146 View Post
My shipment last week was all screwy though. First, they included a bunch of breakfast-y things I can't have. Then there were things in the wrong packages (a package labeled chicken stuffed with apples & cherries was really the chicken stuffed w/cheese & brocolli), and incomplete packages (the steak was in a sealed package and supposed to have two sides but only had one), and so on.
Gosh, that sucks!!! I'm sorry, Carrie. Big bummer! It's hard enough, as-is! I don't like it when there are other obstacles they're throwing at you. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie3146 View Post
Are people on the five-day actually getting a five-day menu?! Because every menu I have ever received is for seven days. And many times I get some meal in there that isn't ON the menu on any of those seven days!
As you know, I get a "custom" delivery every week. And I'm on five days no snacks (after having done 15 weeks of seven days with snacks).

In my box every week is the printed menu for whatever YOU GUYS are getting, if you're on the seven day with snacks plan. So, I get to see what you get, but my box always has my "custom" order.

Back before BistroMD merged with the Biggest Loser and their menus and literature started having their logo and stuff, I received a custom-made packet with that week's "handouts," the standard menu that YOU GUYS received, PLUS a printout of the custom menu that I received. So, there was a little more personal attention back then. Once the Biggest Loser got into the BistroMD stuff, packaging became a little more "corporate," if that makes sense.

Quote:
At a first glance, my gotcha with it was that it didn't have as much fish as the regular BistroMD, which is one of the things I love about this plan.
Me too, Kathy. I really love the fish on BistroMD. As good as in many restaurants... and less butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCat View Post
Good Morning! It is Saturday here on the east coast and I am 2 lbs lighter after my first week.
Yay, Rosie!! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
For my two days off, I bought Kashi and South Beach frozen food and kept in the calorie range of BMD.
Impressive!!! Way to go!

Quote:
I treated myself to wine on TH. The wine was called "Oops" I tend to buy wine due to funny name, funny label and price (preferably low). The "Oops" was really nice. Perhaps you need a good sense of humor to grow good grapes. Now there's a thought. I think I may have had more wine than food calories but, hey, it worked for me!
I do that, on the days I drink. More calories from the booze than the food, sometimes. Oops. Oh well... but I have started having a spoonful of peanut butter before drinking (I know that sounds weird) because that above-mentioned FitTV show talked about the importance of adding protein (nuts or cheese, if in a bar/pub/place with grub) to drinks, to balance out the glycemic index of the alcohol.

Oh! And I once saw a wine called (I think I'm remembering this right) "B!tch and Wine" with a caricature of a 1950s-era woman on the label. It was hilarious!

Quote:
I saw the one hundred mark eight years ago during an Atkins run. I then gained back more than I had lost. Sound familiar? I cannot wait for you to share that next big moment! I have two friends with celiac disease and one has diabetes, too. You are doing so well!
Thank you for the encouragement, Rosie. It means a lot. Yes. Sounds familiar. I'm very much looking forward to reaching Onederland... but it looks like that'll be next month after all. Sheesh, I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenita View Post
I have been on a diet meal delivery program since Feb. I decided I needed to try out the Bistro Md plan. My first week will start next week.
Welcome, Renita!

Quote:
1. I am not much of a sweet breakfast eater. I am much more into a protein meal, i.e. eggbeaters, or poached eggs.. Is there an option to swap out the sweet stuff for a typical protein breakfast ?
I no longer get the breakfasts from BistroMD. Can't recall if that happened before or after my most recent post here, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself.

I'd prefer egg whites or even a dinner for breakfast, so I'm totally with you there! Since most of the BistroMD breakfasts are high-protein, I'm willing to bet you could do some swapping/substituting.

Quote:
2. I see that they supply protein drink mix's Do they sell those seperately in case I can't eat the sweet breakfast stuff?
I was able to have them stop sending those and they gave me a price break. Not sure how much, because it was at the same time I had them stop sending breakfast, but now I'm paying $99/wk. for five days, no snacks, no breakfast, no drinks. PLUS SHIPPING, of course.

Quote:
3. How much will they allow you to customize your menu's.... in case something is just a NO GO for you individually
They're totally cool. Or at least they have been with me. I emailed, "Hey, I don't love the Santa Barbara Chicken. Can I have an extra something else instead?" And they said, "Sure! How's an extra Chicken Italiano each week?" Great!

Quote:
My wine selection criteria is the same as yours. If you haven't seen it yet, look for "Mad Housewife". The labels are wonderful. FYI, a regular size bottle of wine typically has around 600 calories in it, which really isn't a big hit if you only do this once a week. With the combo of the Bistro food, and allowing myself drinks on the weekends, I honestly don't feel like I'm having to give up much of anything to lose weight, which makes it a WHOLE lot easier to stay with.
Amen to that, Kathy.

I'll have to look for "Mad Housewife." Thanks!

Quote:
Tonight is my free meal. I biked 15 miles this morning and I should be starving..but, I still haven't had lunch yet (it is 3PM!) So, I'm going to have a snack and then...just wait until my free meal to eat.
Awesome, Melissa! I love how active you're being!! That's fantastic!!

Quote:
I'm just barely down (0.3 lb), but I'm thrilled to have done that after last week's 3lb loss. After eating a TON of sushi (with a ton of soy sauce) last nite, I was just glad that I hadn't gained.
Loves me some sushi!!! Good for you, having any decrease!! Yay!

Quote:
My ex (we're still friends) came over last nite, and we played on the Wii until 3:00AM (taking a break to watch Michael Phelps take his 8th). We ate the sushi early, right after he got here (6:00 or so). Around 10:00, we were both hungry. I have NOTHING in the house but BMD food. So I pulled a chicken marsala out of the freezer, heated it up, and we split it as a snack. He raved about how good it was, including how good the veggies were in it. It beat the stew out of going out for a bag of Krystals (which I would have done before)
So impressive! The staying friends, the Wii, the sushi, and the BistroMD instead of an all-night drive-thru. Excellent!!

My friends who have had a BistroMD meal (when I've been trying to empty the freezer overstock a bit) have been VERY impressed and pleased with the taste and SIZE of the meals.

Quote:
I had the pork in papaya sauce for lunch today. I decided to eat this and get it out of the way, because I wasn't crazy about the pork in apple, but I really liked this dish. The mixed veggies were particularly good.
How funny! That's what I'm having right now! (It's taking me a long time to reply to all of these posts since I've been away... so now I'm eating the meal I talked about deciding upon above.) I really like this one. There's some kind of sharp ginger something in the sauce. I love it! And YES... it's good to eat so many veggies at once!

Quote:
Did y'all see the price increase on the BMD website? Has anyone heard if this impacts the existing clients, or only new people signing up?
Didn't see it on the website, but got an email earlier this week with the new terms. Of course, since I'm on a "custom" plan, I had to email to ask how the new prices affected my weekly order. Turns out when we took out breakfast and drinks early last week, they adjusted my price to work with the increase, so my $99/wk. (plus shipping) is for my ten frozen meals, basically. Yeah, that's a lot per meal when you think of Lean Cuisines or whatever, but it's not when you think of dining out at a favorite restaurant.

*sigh* Money's tight... so, an increase would've meant the end of me and BistoMD for now. :\ So, I'm glad they kept it in check for me.

Quote:
Well that will be a deal breaker for me. An additional $80.00 a month takes it over the top for me.
So I guess I will enjoy my $99 week and return to PFFS.
I am sad as I was really looking forward to a weight lose boost with a new plan

I AM SAD

Renita

ps just got off the phone with Bistro MD.. the price is now $169.90 for 5 days with snacks......... Oh well.......... not for me at that price....I am really UPSET......
We'll miss you, Renita. I totally understand, though. I was ready to walk, when I read that email and thought it might apply to my pricing too. It's high.

Quote:
Hi everyone! Somehow I gained 2 pounds, I'm hoping that I'm getting premenstrual!
I hope that's all it is, Melissa. I know the frustration, unfortunately!

Quote:
I bit the bullet today and changed to the 7 day no snack plan. Found everything that I really liked out on the web, (bars, chips, etc) so I'll just get them from there. Won't save alot of money, but I can pick and chose what I want.
Hey, Kathy, could you share where you found them? I'd love to have the exact "right" snacks (and only the ones I love) rather than having to find good fits from the market (and then sometimes choosing less-good fits because it's "close" and I like it so much). Slippery slope! Thanks!

Quote:
I'm switching to 5 days with snacks for next week. I have a ton of food left over. Why? I've been full and skipped a meal and just have eaten a snack.
Yup. I did that a lot! STILL have some of my snacks from pre-week-16! LOL

Quote:
KLC, um...do not weigh after your free night. Weigh the morning of your free night.
Amazingly, I've had better weigh-ins the morning AFTER my free nights than before. It's crazy! I don't understand it, but that's the pattern I've seen.

Quote:
The two pounds are gone!!! Wahoo! Also, another half pound is gone as well. I'm hoping for two more pounds gone by my weigh in time tomorrow...lofty goals huh?
Fantastic, Melissa!!!! I'm inspired!!!!!! Way to go!

Quote:
How do you guys mix your hot chocolate so that it isn't chunky? Every sip I get chunks of mix. :vomit:
Me too. I can't figure out how to keep that from happening. It's pretty gross. I've tried using a fork to stir it and mashing the suckers up against the side of the mug before each sip. Annoying and time-consuming... but somewhat helpful, overall.

Quote:
well my first and only week of Bistro will arrive tomorrow and I am anxious to taste it. I am going to take a 2 week break from delivery. I am still really sad about Bistro MD but will have to find options that I can use.
I hope you love the food but, again, we will miss you when you go. Let us know what options you find, once you're back to food delivery. Whenever I think about leaving BistroMD, I think about all of the shopping and calculating and not having the choices already mapped out for me and decide it's worth the money... again. (I've seriously thought about quitting several times. Not because I don't love it, but because it just really does get expensive and I had only budgeted to do this through June, so now it's starting to pinch a little.)

Quote:
Melissa, that's GREAT! I know you want to be down MORE and FASTER, but I'm just very pleased for you and not at all jealous. Nope. Not at all. Not even a little bit.

Kidding.

I actually had a VERY tough week (which is why you haven't seen me around for so long) and am pleased to have not gone UP. Very pleased.

Quote:
3.5lbs in 2 weeks is wonderful! At that rate, you're definitely going to be a short timer on the board. We're missing you already LOL!
Ditto!!

Quote:
They have their own name on the box of bars (and other WonderSlim products), but the other than the name, the box looks exactly like the WonderSlim, etc, so I'm assuming that they can order the same product from the manufacturer as a store brand. They have the Kay's Naturals protein chips that I really liked as well. There are a handful of other things that I'm going to try one of (like Kay's wasabi pretzels) just to see if I like them. For the record, it isn't going to save me much money buying my own snacks, but I'll be able to pick what I really like.
Hmm... that all sounds really good, even without a savings. Better than getting items you don't want/like as much, right?

Quote:
Renita, I hate that you'll be leaving us, but I understand completely. I went out 'shopping' this morning, to see what else was out there. I'm such a geek, that I put together a spreadsheet with a price comparison of the national big boys (SSHE, ChefsDiet, Bistro, PFFS, eDiets and JC). If I get industrious tonite, I'll put it together in a 'post' format, and stick it out on the main Meal Delivery level.
Thank you for posting that, Kathy. Really good info. Remind me, does SSHE only deliver to areas in/near the Midwest? I seem to recall that I can't get it in Los Angeles. I'll check again. Always good to keep the options open and stay aware of who's charging how much for what... and who's got the best service.

(I have to say, on that one, BistroMD seems to "win" vs. all reports I've read about service at the other companies, although not everyone has had the same level of great service I've experienced on BistroMD.)

Okay, I think I'm mostly caught up!

Phew!

Wishing everyone a VERY successful next day/few days/week (depending on how long it is before I get back here again). Y'all always make me laugh and that's been one of the best parts of coming around here.

Keep on kickin' butt, ladies!!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #112  
klc

Grace! Good to have you back. I was worried about you. Sorry you had a lousy week, but I'm glad that it's behind you.

After all the shopping around, I keep coming back to Bistro, simply because of the quality of the food. I've laughed with friends of mine that the worst thing you can do is order a week of the Bistro food, cause then you're hooked. We've discussed it before, but these guys really are in a league of their own. From what I've read, I think the SSHE guys feel the same way about that program. SSHE does ship nationwide, but their shipping is pricey at best and gets exorbitantly expensive when you get out of convenient ground shipping zones (remote areas or long distances)
Old 08-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #113  
klc

Default Weigh-in day

BTW, I moved my weigh-in to Friday mornings instead of Sunday morning. I lost 1.5lb. I'm really happy with it, since I sat on my rear all week watching the olympics.

BTW Grace, I did like the Mahi Mahi alot. I've liked all the fish I've had so far. The teriyaki salmon is still my favorite tho. Can hardly wait to try the tuna this week.

I've quit trying to keep score. I only mark down something that I absolutely don't like, which so far has only been the vanilla donut filled with chocolate cream. The donut part was ok, but the filling was nasty. I'm pretty impressed that out of all this food, that was the only thing that has even come close to being bad to me.
-Kathy
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #114  

Thumbs up Holy Cow.. the foods loves WONDERFUL

I just got my box of food......Oh MY... big chunks of REAL MEAT and FISH..... I can't believe it !!!

Well .... I think I am going to take them up on the 4 weeks at the old price.. I will probably be crying at the end of th 5th week... but will have had a wonderful Sept.......... I just can't believe the volume of PROTEIN in the meals.. and they all fit very nicely into my freezer.....OH BOY......... what should I have for dinner tonight ??????

so I guess I will be around for a little while... I am sooooooooo EXCITED.......

Last edited by crenita; 08-22-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 137/131.5/125

Height: 5'6

YAY! Everyone! Glad to see that everyone is happy! I LOVED the pot roast (I had it last night,) Yummers.

Kathy, great going on the 1.5. I'm jealous.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #116  

Default thank you for the website of protein supplements

Kathy that is a great site..My Health Management.com
. I ordered a variety of items to try.. That was exactly what I was looking for...and you found it......HuRRAY.......
Old 08-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #117  
klc

Quote:
I just got my box of food......Oh MY... big chunks of REAL MEAT and FISH..... I can't believe it !!!
so I guess I will be around for a little while... I am sooooooooo EXCITED.......

Told ya so . I'm excited for you and glad that you're still with us for awhile. Now you know why I keep saying that this stuff is in a class by itself. Not only does it taste good, you don't even have to put it on a small plate to make it look bigger.

Melissa, I'm glad to hear the pot roast is good. I've got it in the fridge thawing right now.

One other thing, is on every other plan I've been on over the years, by the 3rd week, I've established my favorites, and that's what I order every week/month, with maybe one or two new things thrown in just to try (but rarely like). On this one, after 2 1/2 weeks, it would be tough to pick just 7 favorite lunches and dinners, and I've still got 3 1/2 weeks worth of menus to try. Renita, I hope the chicken with apple/cherry stuffing comes back up before your 4 weeks are up. YUMMMMMM
-Kathy
Old 08-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #118  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Wink

Quote:
Grace! Good to have you back. I was worried about you. Sorry you had a lousy week, but I'm glad that it's behind you.
Thanks, Kathy. Not so much lousy as intense and really TOUGH to keep in line with "the program." But definitely, I too am glad it's behind me. For several reasons! Hee!

Quote:
After all the shopping around, I keep coming back to Bistro, simply because of the quality of the food.
Yup. Ditto that. I haven't done any of the other delivery programs, so I don't KNOW that they're less yummy, but everything I've read from people who HAVE shopped around tells me this is the best food. I did do Jenny Craig a zillion years ago (before home delivery was an option) and liked most of the food, but didn't LOVE the food like I love BistroMD (well, except for a couple of really good food items I still recall).

Quote:
I've laughed with friends of mine that the worst thing you can do is order a week of the Bistro food, cause then you're hooked. We've discussed it before, but these guys really are in a league of their own.
Yup. I sold a week's worth of food to a friend who wanted to try it (and my freezer was overflowing) and she RAVES about it. Wants to come over "for dinner" and have our husbands served BistroMD but not tell 'em that's what it is. Heeeeeee! That's like a commercial!

Quote:
From what I've read, I think the SSHE guys feel the same way about that program. SSHE does ship nationwide, but their shipping is pricey at best and gets exorbitantly expensive when you get out of convenient ground shipping zones (remote areas or long distances)
Oh!!!! Thank you! Okay. I'll add it to my list of ones to check out/check back on when I'm feeling antsy again about BistroMD.

(Which I am NOT doing today! I'm feeling GREAT! Woke up this morning and weighed 202.8 -- down 1.2 since yesterday -- and I'm calling THAT my official weigh-in, because I need the "win." Oh, I also updated my TICKER to change my start weight to where it was at Christmas, since--even though my BistroMD start weight was 225 and therefore I've only lost 22.2 pounds on BistroMD in 27 weeks--I need to remind myself [often] that I'm really proud of how far I've come. And I've come FAR. And I forget that sometimes.)

Quote:
BTW, I moved my weigh-in to Friday mornings instead of Sunday morning. I lost 1.5lb. I'm really happy with it, since I sat on my rear all week watching the olympics.
Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Woo!

Quote:
BTW Grace, I did like the Mahi Mahi alot. I've liked all the fish I've had so far. The teriyaki salmon is still my favorite tho. Can hardly wait to try the tuna this week.
Oooooh! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Quote:
Yay, Renita!

Quote:
Well .... I think I am going to take them up on the 4 weeks at the old price.. I will probably be crying at the end of th 5th week... but will have had a wonderful Sept.......... I just can't believe the volume of PROTEIN in the meals.. and they all fit very nicely into my freezer.....OH BOY......... what should I have for dinner tonight ??????

So excited you're sticking around a bit! Definitely enjoy those four weeks at the old price and make a BIG difference in your weight in no time. GREAT plan!!!!! Yay!

I believe my fifth week was 1/2 off (as was Week 12). Not sure if they offer that anymore, but maybe they'll do that too... just to buy you even more time with BistroMD! Who knows!!

Can't wait to read your reviews of the food. What are you going to eat first??? Oh, I remember being so excited, like a kid watching the Santa Tracker on TV on Christmas Eve. LOL So exciting!!

Quote:
YAY! Everyone! Glad to see that everyone is happy! I LOVED the pot roast (I had it last night,) Yummers.
Everything's yummy!

Here's to a great weekend for us all!! Yay!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #119  
klc

Default snack order

As an FYI, I just placed my order for snacks. I bought just over $100 worth, so it was 10% off = $90 (and free shipping). I bought boxes of bars, box of cheesecake, box of toffee pudding, and assorted single crunchy snacks to try, for a total of 63 items. When you work the math at average so much per item, times 14 (# of snacks you get on BMD 7 day plan) it comes out to....drum roll please...exactly $20, which is EXACTLY the difference between the 7 day snack and no snack plans LOLOL. So like I said earlier, the only reason to do this is if you want to pick your own snacks.
-Kathy
Old 08-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #120  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

I want pot roast!!! I didn't get any pot roast!
Closed Thread