Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #691  

Height: 5'9''

Hi Sparrow82,

BistroMD has great food (but see the last 3 or 4 posts for some issues that we're hoping they'll clear up)

Diet-to-Go and eDiets are 2 other plans that people in this forum feel are successful.

Just read through these posts and the ones for eDiets and Diet to Go - you'll get a lot of opinions

Let me know if you have any questions about BistroMD.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #692  

sparrow82...... the bistro food is great but you do NOT get to choose your food.. They send you the weeks worth of food from some menu that is either exactly like what is on the website or a variation of it.
if you do have a lot of likes and dislikes this could be a problem for you.. You might do better on a Diet to Go or Ediets plan where you can sub out each week some or all of the foods.. They also let you double up on the meals if you find you really like something. It is all in your own taste and body needs and what ever the budget can take...

Good luck what ever you choose.....
Old 03-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #693  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey Bistro Buddies - Just wanted to pop in and say hey. I got my shipment today in the new made up slab styrofoam but all of my food was still frozen solid. I live in the middle of Missouri. I also do not get any black trays, I only get the boil bags, so as someone said, those kind of act like ice packs themselves. I'm still not loosing, but trying not to be too frustrated. I have a pulled groin muscle and haven't been able to work out for a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will be better soon.

Someone asked what the local meal thing is we are going to try (after we have used up or backlog of Bistro) and it's Seattle Sutton.

ok, better get off the computer now. Hope everyone is good.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #694  

Red face

Well my Ediet experiment is OVER...
I have had 5 meals and not ONE of them was edible........ now I am not that picky but this was worse than the worse frozen diet food you get in the grocery store.....
Either it is as terrible as I think or Bistro has me spoiled for food.......... This stuff is just YUCKY..... This is no where NEAR what the food was we were got last year no way no how.......
Well I will be restarting my Bistro as soon as I get rid of this stuff. I got a message from the Bistro supervisor who PROMISED me they would only send me the food that was in the vacuum bags at least until they get this shipping disaster over...... Looks like Bistro and I are going to best Best Bud's until all this weight is gone or the bank account is empty whichever come first........heheheheheh

Trust me on this one, if you like most of bistro food you will HATE this other junk that ediet is shipping.
I do have some meals coming from Schwann.. I will use them on the 2 days off of the 5 day plan.... I am going to try to trudge through some of these meals but it is really going to be a hard road

Last edited by crenita; 03-21-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #695  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Hi old friends!

Just wanted to stop by and say HI and congratulations on those tickers getting ever-closer to GOAL for so many BistroMD'ers!

I miss y'all!!!

A friend to whom I had given a week's worth of Bistro foods back when I had an overflow brought back some dishes she hadn't tried yet and was pretty sure she wouldn't and I was SO HAPPY! It was like having my old friend back! I now have a few Bistro meals in my freezer again and can't wait to have 'em! They're so much tastier than my dang Lean Cuisines!

Still, calorie counting seems to be working for me. I'm 11 pounds away from goal and feeling really great!

But just wanted to stop by and say I'm enjoying keeping tabs on all of you and really do hope they straighten out these recent shipping issues. So silly, to have to deal with that mess! But as we know, the customer service w/ BistroMD is TOPS, so I do believe it'll all get worked out and everyone will reach goal happily and in good health!

Much love to you all!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #696  
klc

Grace! Great to hear from you. You're kickin' butt girlfriend!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #697  

Grace....... good to hear how well your doing.. stay in touch girl...........

Well I wanted to share a interesting book I am reading.. It is called Mindless Eating.. by Brian Wansink, PhD.....
This is the best book I have ever read that explains the unspoken cue's we have around us that cause many of us to eat too much and the wrong things.. It is a very easy read and I would strongly recommend it as a training guide for all of us that find it hard to stay focused and on track.. He gives rational scientific tools to make eating and dieting no longer a bad word. These are tested method done in scientific labs at Cornell Univ.... I had no idea they even had such things...
If you can check it out at your local library, it is really interesting as well as easy to read. His philosophy is the
"Best diet is the one you don't know your on"
........ I like that........ hehehehehe..

Well I was at the MD for my appt...... lost 6 lbs since last visit 5 weeks ago..... and my BP is finally DOWN..... so he was pleased and so was I....... YIPPPEEEE.......

Onward and Downward !!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #698  

Red face

Just wanted to share.. I was so disappointed in my ediet experiment I was probably too harsh with my criticism of that plan. All plans work for some people and not for others.. I just had my taste buds set for what I had last year and unfortunately for me, it wasn't even close. Some of the meals are better than others but I am still way too hungry at the end of a meal to not want more of something. I never have that with my Bistro food. Even when I only have one bowl of their soup. Something about their food sticks with me for a LONG TIME...
One thing this experiment has given to me was an exploration of some new yogurts.
. I found Greek Yogurt OH MY is that ever good.I had No idea that their was such a difference or would have been using this LONG AGO..... The kind I have is only 100 cal no fat, no sugar and a whopping 18gm of protein. In fact I made a berry smoothie with it yesterday as a snack and really, really LOVED IT> and on Saturday, I mixed Greek yogurt w salsa and had a wonderful dip to use w raw veggies( if you have never used it it is more like sour cream in texture then yogurt)))..oh added a few squirts of hot sauce to give it a little zing, as I only had mild salsa.
One other thing this experiment has done is got me to look for some other things to do w veggies.. Like roasting them. OH MAN do I like them. Any veggie tastes wonderful after roasting to a nice brown.... all the sugars come to the surface of the veggies and I love the taste.
So this has added yet another low cal option for me to use on my days off plan...as well as teaching me more on how to survive post Bistro.
Has any one learned any new food choices or prep methods since beginning your dieting plans ?????
Old 03-31-2009, 08:53 AM   #699  
klc

On a recent trip to Savannah, I picked up Paula Deen's Peach and pecan dressing, and a couple types of Peach salsa (Peach and Ginger is incredible!). All are absolutely wonderful on chicken and pork, somewhat like the apple/cherry Bistro sauce.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #700  

Talking

I have got to find that Paula Dean salad dressing.... yum......
I am just loving using the salad dressing on top of veggies or chicken etc. Takes it to a whole new level........ Thanks for that one Kathy......I would never have tried it without your good suggestion........ I have started to use them on all kinds of things.. I have started adding a salad a day to my meals.. I really enjoy that and it can't be much in the way of calories. I have tried the broccoli slaw with that great Ginger Sesame fat free dressing on it and it was great.
Something I am going to try ....... I was watching HSN yesterday and they demo'd making your own Citrus salad dressing using whole tangerines peels and all..and I thought hmmm why not some peaches or some of the other types of fruit...... now I can do that I have a great food processor and it took like 30 seconds to make. Has anyone tried making some type of salad dressing and would like to share how they did it ?
That is a new thing for me.

Well some good NEWS>....
Talked with Bistro and they have gone back to their OLD SHIPPING method..HURRAY.......

Also she told me they think ( fingers crossed )) that they have the problem resolved re the opened and spilled packages. That will be nice for me as I don't want anymore missteps on that area...
Old 03-31-2009, 08:56 PM   #701  
klc

Yay on the shipping news! I'm glad they got that out of their system before summer set in. Yeah, that ginger dressing is great. Your comment about the broccoli slaw reminded me of something I've wanted to try, but haven't yet. There's an asian slaw recipe that you make with angel hair slaw and oriental flavor of ramein (sp?) noodles...mix the seasoning packet up with vinegar and oil, mix it into the slaw, and then crumble the uncooked noodles and mix them into it. Sounds weird, but it is to die for. I think you could get a very similar thing by using the ginger dressing, and use some type of soy crumbles or kashi instead of the noodles. If anybody tries it, let me know how it works.

Well, I'm still on my eDiets experiment. Let me tell you ladies, it sure ain't Bistro but I'm gonna hang with it for a few months during the summer while I've got fresh fruit/veggies in the yard. It helps that I still have a couple weeks of Bistro in the freezer. I'm on the 7 day right now to try to figure out what I do and don't want to order, but will change over to the 5 day, and do Bistro or roll ur own on the weekends. Renita wasn't kidding when she was talking about the itty-bitty servings of meat (and portions in general). When I was on it last year, the quality of the beef was awful. It still is. I still remember getting my first steak on Bisto. I almost wanted to bronze it

The veggies have been good, which was a pleasant surprise, because when I was on it last year, purfoods(the supplier of eDiets and PFFS) was having a hard time with spoiled veggies, and as a previous poster said, they are EXTREMELY carrot happy (which actually Bistro has become in the last few months). Some of the dishes are really tasty tho, and the snacks are great. Bottom line is, I can do this as an interim meal delivery 'diet' plan for the summer, but when the yard turns brown, I'll come back home full time.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #702  

Smile Hurray

Well Guys, I got my box today and IT WAS PERFECT !!

All snug and tight in its complete solid Box... and full of dry ice and all food was completely and solidly FROZEN...... They were all vacuum sealed bags YES !
Now you have to know it was near 89 degrees here in Florida and everything was perfect !!

Also the meals were exactly what was listed on the website including the wonderful POT ROAST.....yummmmm

Also they sent the turkey dinner which I also like.. So I am a happy Camper Today..

Thank you Bistro...... you FIXED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #703  

Darn Darn Darn............. well I didn't think I would be posting that when I lost 3 1/2 lbs..... but darn...... it has to be that darn ediet food....... and hunger.......as my bistro just arrived.

Is that what it is going to take to get the scale moving again ???? Oh... please.... I hope not..

Well........ I have to really, really look at my intake and see if I can modify it..... it appears I need less food......DARN DARN
I am on the 5 day plan so I should be able to mix it up so I can vary the calorie counts with GOOD Bistro food and some of my own LOW CAL. less tasty food....DARN DARN
I suppose I could increase my exercise program YUCK but something has got to give to get that darn scale to MOVE DOWN
But the good news is that I am the lowest weight I have been in over 10 years so that is something to celebrate. Also. I started adding some Omega 3 Fish Oil tablets to my plan( not for my knees but because I don't' eat enough fish )))) and like magic a lot of my arthritic pain in my knees has been reduced to the least amount of pain I have had in years !!!!!!! I am STUNNED> Happy but Shocked........

How is everyone else doing ?? The Board has been really quiet

Last edited by crenita; 04-04-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #704  
klc

Renita!!! Congrats on the weight loss, and hitting another 10lb mark. That's great!
You may have just needed a metabolic reset. Before you do anything drastic, I'd be tempted to do plain Bistro for a week or two, and see if you keep dropping. It would be interesting to know if it was the 'less food' aspect that kicked it off, or the 'less protein' shock. The cal level should be pretty consistent between the 2 programs (even tho the Bistro meals are huge in comparison). Keep me posted!

You're right. All of the threads have been quiet. Where is everyone?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #705  

Hi........ where is everyone ??

Well I had a yummy dinner last.. the Pot Roast.. one of my favorite meals..

New find.. I have been using the I can't Believe its not Butter spray for over a year and I just tried their Fat Free margarine.. it is only 5 cal per tablsp. It isn't like butter ...... NOTHING is like butter, but it works for me at this point.
Oh found another snack.. not that I NEEDED another snack but anyway. Pringles have these pretzel sticks.. they are individually packs of about 15 long pretzel like sticks.. that are 90 calories.. Not too bad if you want something that is a little different. I got the pizza flavored and I liked them.
Anyone find any good things to use on days off the plan ???
Closed Thread