Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #631  

Ok the learning curve continues.
I think I have finally figured out how much protein I need for breakfast.. I have been using my ' radar' hunger meter to test this out over the last 4 days and I found that if it isn't at least 25+ gm of protein I am starved...... Well that is a real easy thing to fix if you only knew that was the magic number.
I tested this by using less protein, adding higher fiber low cal products..
NAAAAAAAAAA No, no way. Not for me. This dumb body only wants more PROTEIN.
. What it appears is that if I have a higher protein breakfast even if it is a few higher calories it hold me for 4+ hours and sometimes longer. The lower calorie products don't' last for more than 1 1/2- 2 hours.... and then I feel like I need something. I seem to be gravitating more and more to good quality, low fat protein products and fairly signficant amounts.
Solved that problem real quick.....
.. Protein is the way for me .!!! hehehehe.............
Old 02-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #632  
klc

Renita, that's great that you worked out the magic number for you. I think this journey has been great for all of us, to discover what our bodies really want, rather than just mindlessly stuffing things in our mouths until something hits the spot (or we're miserably full, whichever comes first). The whole protein thing continues to amaze me. I've discovered that those little egg muffins are magic bullets for me. No matter what time of the day or nite, if I'm hungry, I can pop one of those things in the microwave, and I'm happy. Much more so than eating a protein bar, and much fewer cals. Go figure.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #633  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Hi ladies!

I just wanted to stop by and let y'all know that I've been keeping up with your progress via email updates to this thread and I'm so completely THRILLED over the amazing work you're doing!

Inspiring stuff!

Miss you all and send you loads of love and support, even though I'm not regularly stopping by the thread (since I'm no longer doing Bistro MD).

Me? I'm down to 183 (just 13 pounds away from GOAL, y'all... down 57 pounds from December 2007) and my waist is now an itty bitty 32.5" (down from 40").

I still want to get my waist down to below 30" and that feels do-able, since the last 1.5" came off with just a five-pound loss. It looks like we've gotten the weight off all of the "easy" places (my face, my wrists, my boobs) and now it's coming off the "hard" places (my waist, my abs, my bootie).

Hee!

Anyway, just wanted to do a quick pop-in to say CONGRATULATIONS on all of the wonderful success you're all having. It truly is inspiring! And your willingness to keep at it over so much time is absolutely "the key." I love the tips you're sharing with one another and I continue to find inspiration in this community and all its support.

So, even though I'm not posting every day, please know that I *am* reading and I'm really excited for ALL of us!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #634  
klc

Grace - Glad your skinny self dropped in to say 'hi'. Always great to hear from the alumni. Something that I've always appreciated is the fact that you set your goal weight to something that made sense for you, not just a number that some magazine or book threw out. I'd LOVE to have a 28" waist. My goal weight is 165. I won't look like Twiggy (OK...showing my age...Kate Moss) but I'll look damn good, and it will be a comfortable weight to maintain. Take care girl. Keep blogging so we can keep up with you!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #635  

Grace .. so glad you dropped in...... we miss you...... but you sound great and doing well.. That is what is most important.
OH...... what would a skinny waist feel like ????? Well you are going to tell us right ????

a Toast to you Grace, and the great job you have done !
Old 02-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #636  

Got one of those emails from Ediets.. with all their promotions..and of course as we are all preparing our ever loving TAXES for the coming year........ well of course I had to check it out.....
well I don't see what the ' good deal' is.. their 7 day plan... is $160.00....WOW that is a big increase in price from when I was doing that plan one year ago..Then it was $99 a week.... and when you compare that food against what Bistro does ...... wow...... We are getting the better end of that stick.
Having had both plans for long enough to be able to compare.. Bistro has it going hand's down. Now I know I sometimes would like to save some money but when you look at what you get .... there just is nothing to compare, in my opinion.
This does hurt a lot of our pocketbooks but when I think about spending money on med's, gym memberships and just over all health issue. What is our health and well being worth ?
This is Just a letter to myself re economic issue and the value of this plan.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #637  

Talking

Yipppeee....... down 3 more lbs........ That is a total of 3 1/2 lbs since last weeks MD appt... getting off the medication seems to have done the trick...
now if I can just get back on the downward slop I will be HAPPY

In an effort to Eat healthier I went out and got some local tomato plants and lettuce seeds and a blueberry bush..... I am dipping my toes into a little back yard patio gardening. figuring if I grow it I will eat it and what is bad about tomatoes, lettuce and Blueberries..... heheheheh

Last edited by crenita; 02-26-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:18 AM   #638  

Question

Wooooooo the board has been so quiet.. Are you guys all doing OK ??
Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #639  
klc

Woo-hoo Renita!!! Glad to see the scale finally decided to behave itself

The Bistro gang HAS been quiet this last week. I went thru oral surgery this week, so I have absolutely zip to report to everyone as far as dieting and weight loss goes...since I'm on a soft food diet, I haven't eaten anything Bistro. I'm looking forward to Monday, when I should be able to start looking at getting back on track.

I'm beginning to wonder when it's gonna be safe to start putting plants in the ground here (north Alabama). We've got a winter storm warning tonite...they're calling for snow, for crying out loud!!! The next 3 nites it's getting into the low 20's. It was 68 yesterday!! We're stepping into March, and I still haven't unwrapped my outside faucets! Good grief!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #640  

Height: 5'9''

Oy - I wrote a response on Thursday but it looks like I didn't submit it after the preview. *phhht* I was a little scatterbrained this week.

Great news, Crenita - I'm glad you were able to reverse the gain from the medication. You're so close!

I was able to recover from my fall/leap off the wagon and I'm headed in the right direction again. My fiance is loving the food so it helps that we eat Bistro food for dinner together - there is less temptation to cheat.

The weather is warm here in CA and I've been released from my Dr. to exercise again (whoohoo!) so I'm trying out a Hot Yoga class next week. I don't think I'll sweat out the fat but at the very least I'll make it inhospitable for them to stick around - maybe they'll just leave of their own accord.

Keep on keepin' on, Ladies
Old 03-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #641  

Height: 5'9''

Okay - finally got to try my first cheesecake.

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

How dare they not allow me to eat these every day?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #642  
klc

Told ya so
Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #643  

S/C/G: 162/155.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

I just joined bistro a few days ago and stumbled on this great group. I read through the whole thread and I'm so amazed with the progress you are all making. Such great weight-loss numbers.

Renita was kind enough to give me a bunch of tips on a different thread, and I must say, the suggestion of adding a lot more water to my shakes makes it MUCH better. Now I just have to get used to eating so many fewer calories.

It's been really fun trying the food. Tomorrow I get to try the cheesecake you've all been talking about.

So far my favorites have been Shrimp Creole with rice and beans and plaintains, the cheese tortellini, and the stuffed chicken. I tried the steak but it was so gristly, I could barely get a knife through it. Does anyone else have this problem?
The bars and soy crisps are at the top of the list too. I've taken a previous suggestion of drinking the hot chocolate at night, when I start to get ravenous. It really hits the spot and helps me get over the hunger until the next day.

I know it sounds goofy, but it's like a new eating adventure everyday. I love getting the day's food out, seeing the big pile, and knowing I'm still within calories.

I've got about 25 lbs to lose, so I have a few weeks of bistro ahead. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Last edited by doughchick; 03-03-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #644  

Oh...my I didn't get up to the store to get my ' little darling cheesecakes' .. it was TOOOOOOO cold here in Florida.. so I have to make a trip tomorrow.. I just had my last one and I dont' want to be without them I just wish I could get the recipe.. I would LOVE to make them myself

Doughchick......... you should NEVER have bad meat.. I would call and ask for a replacement for that meal.. It should always be excellant quality otherwise complain........
Old 03-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #645  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

if someone figures out that cheesecake recipe, i'd also LURVE to know!!! (and add cherries to it.)
Closed Thread