Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:14 AM   #616  

Height: 5'9''

Well, I would normally get my FedEx tracker by now in order to get my delivery by Thursday. Maybe the food team had President's Day off and I'll get it on Friday.

Beyond one week of interesting breakfast foods, I haven't received them. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Old 02-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #617  

New FIND.. at Wal-mart........ Joseph's Low Carb Pita Bread.......here are the stat's only 60 calories and 6 gm of PROTEIN:

Ingredients: Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat
1 Pita
Servings Per Container: 6
Total Calories 60
Calories From Fat 20 Total Fat 2 g 3% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 300 mg 13% Total Carbohydrates 8 g 3% Dietary Fiber 4 g
Protein 6 g

I used this to make a breakfast sandwich w my eggbeaters WOW.. it was great.. I see more sandwich type alternation in my meals with this neat product.
This is the same company that makes those HUGE Lavosh's that I got at Wal-mart as well.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #618  
klc

Yum! Those sound great! Years ago, a Wendy's right next to where I worked had pita's on their salad bar. I loved making a veggie pita...of course I drenched it with sunflower seeds and dressing, but I did love those things. Bet I could do a smarter one now. What a great snack that would make!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #619  

Those darn FEDEX guys..... delivered my box at 10 pm last night.. Now who wants to deal with putting the food away that late.......

Well nothing new in this box ;glad no funny food included HURRAY
. No change in my morning meals, not frittata or crepes etc... Anyone get something different ?
I had that yummy spinach, feta stuffed chicken last night... I was so tasty...... yum.......I am really getting to like greens. I made the soup for lunch and had one of the Vitalicious Corn muffins with it. what a nice combination.

Well for some reason I am up 2 lbs.. no reason.. but I 'll blame it on a new med I was put on.. but the proof will be in the pudding...
I am off the med now so next week NO EXCUSES will be appropriate!!!!

Just a ???? I am having company over for dinner next week.. so I want to make a diet friendly dessert. I saw on the Hungry girl website a cherry pie that uses the fiber one cereal for the crust.. Has anyone ever used Fiber one for things other than cereal ?? I may just have to go with a low sugar graham crust and use the cherry stuff in it. 2 of the 3 people coming are either dieting or diabetic so doing a low cal meal is going to work real well for all of us.

Last edited by crenita; 02-20-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #620  
klc

I swear your fed-ex guys are vampires. Just don't meet them at the door, with your new long skinny neck showing

Does your D'lites down there just have the individual cheescakes, or do they have the big ones too? I'd be tempted to buy one of those, and cut the rest of it up into individual servings and freeze them. But then, we both know how I am about cooking
Old 02-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #621  

Oh that is a wonderful idea... I am going up there over the weekend to add to my stash so I am going to keep my fingers crossed that they have one.. OH BOY..

Just to let others in on this.. there is a store locally, called D'lites, that carries those wonderful little cheesecakes that Bistro sends.. so I hope they have some other type of larger cheesecake I can get.. for my guests.

. Oh I love that cheesecake.....
Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #622  
klc

Had the beef stirfry for dinner tonite... I forgot just how good that stuff is. Yum-yum.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #623  

It came! It came! I finally got a cheesecake in my menu this week!

Oy, if you knew what I had to go through with this shipment: apparently, NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED doesn't mean anything to my dear FedEx guy. I think he's new and super-duper diligent. I feel for him because the package came at 7:30pm and I know he wasn't thinking his day would turn out like that.

FedEx customer service? Blech. I know I'm not a delivery procedure expert but, please lady , I'm not stupid.

Beyond that: the meals look fantastic! Pastas, pork with papaya sauce, corn muffins, yummy soups. Oh, BistroMD - it's like you knew I was having a tender moment with my diet and you sent foods you knew I'd love.
I *heart* you.

Well, my friends, I won't weigh myself until next Wednesday. I have some damage to undo.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

Crenita: I hope your dinner party is wonderful. With such a gracious hostess, I'm sure it will be.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #624  
klc

Mona, I'm so glad you got a cheesecake...OK, and a little jealous too . Also, glad your food got there today. I'm shaking my head at y'all's fed-ex horror stories. I haven't had a single weird experience with them in all this time.

I've always laughed about Lapdog, my cat (actually, he's the Great Danes' cat) going into panic mode if his food bowl gets below half full. He frets himself (and me) half to death until I top it off. Well, I now understand his pain. I've got a little under 2 weeks of Bistro left in the freezer. I'm getting an order next week, so I'll be fine, but I've always had at least 1 spare week since I bought my freezer (I actually bought 2 orders one week when they had a bunch of my favorites on the menu). So by the time my order gets here, I'll have less than a week 'spare'. Oh Dear!!
Old 02-21-2009, 07:10 AM   #625  

MONA......... you are going to love that cheesecake.. I just wish the would let us BUY more of them . On the day I am going to have one I look forward to that all day.

The yo-yo syndrome continues........ I am down 2 1/2lbs today..Hope this drop sticks.......

Tonight is going to BBQ night love it. Just great for my movie watching night.

Well I had that yummy stuffed chicken breast last night.. w the broccoli and cheese.. I think they added more cheese to this as it was melted all over the chicken and onto some of my veggies.. YUM
And I had one of the breakfasts ( started back on the breakfasts for a few weeks )) w the egg muffin sandwich.. OH I could eat that every day...... loved it...... All and all it was a great day and the food lived up to all my expectations... I was full last night and didn't even have my last snack........Can I have it today ?????? heheheh.. don't you love how I bargain for food.
A friend of mine called me last night to thank me for the recipe for the chocolate cake in a cup that I got from Hungry Girl ......She was raving about it and said it was just the right thing for her so she didn't' have a whole cake sitting around calling for her to eat just one more slice. she was most impressed that it was done in the Microwave. She is diabetic and sweet treats are always hard for her to control so she was very happy.
I do think that is a very healthy way to do something that is a treat for those of us that have some ' restraint' issues..ME, ME, ME If you haven't tried any of the hungry girl quickie recipes you are missing some good stuff..I love that she has the recipes set up for just ONE serving vs a whole plate full of stuff. And most are made in the microwave.
Oh and she is coming out w a new book in April with everything in the book 200 calories or LESS.......I already pre-ordered it on Amazon...... can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #626  
klc

Renita, on the 2 1/2 lbs!! I betcha it's gonna stick this time!

Isn't it amazing that after all this time, we are still really enjoying this food. Not just eating it out of convenience, habit or regimen, but actually looking forward to having it as a meal.

In a post a couple weeks ago, I told y'all that I was gonna sign up for a 17 week Weight Watchers at work program. We had the sign-up session last Wednesday. This Wed, we have the first real meeting, with weigh in. I told the WW leader that I was doing meal delivery and asked if that was a conflict. She said absolutely not, whatever works. She hadn't heard of Bistro, but was going to go check it out. Since the meetings are from 11:30 to 12:30, most folks will bring their lunch. You know I'm gonna be saving some of my favorites for Wednesdays Out of curiosity, I started keeping the sheets out of the meals, calculating points and writing them on the sheet. It will be interesting. So far, the highest one has been 8 points (Beef Stir Fry).
Old 02-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #627  
klc

Default woo-hoo!

Had to share, cause y'all are some of the only folks who would appreciate this. I'm going to FL (Lakeland) with my brother and family in March for a week to watch my nephew play college baseball (he's killer good, brag, brag). Dug out all my shorts/capri's (don't wear anything beside grubby knit paint/gardening shorts unless it's for a specific reason). Here was the outcome:

Shorts I bought Oct 07 for an extended trip down to St.George Island - these are the ones I also wore last summer when I needed something. All in the Goodwill pile now, cause they're hanging off of me.

Khaki capri's I bought for a May 08 Alaskan cruise - were kinda snug, but after I washed them, couldn't even get them zipped. In the Goodwill pile cause they're hanging.

Shorts I bought approximately 20 years ago when my ex and I went on a cruise with my parents - I was miserable the whole time cause they were so tight they cut me in half. Never wore them again. Not only do they fit, but they're comfortable!! AND they're almost brand new and but so old that they've come back in style (knee length wide leg walking shorts, one pair has a cuff). Got a khaki, navy and black pair. I'm good to go.

Now...what to do about tops...
Old 02-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #628  

Wow! Wow! Wow, Kathy!

Congratulations - it is truly gratifying when you can wear clothing that have been hanging in the back of the closet for years because they were too tight.
(Why you had them for so long...who knows.)

Enjoy rediscovering all of your clothes!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #629  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by monanncel View Post
(Why you had them for so long...who knows.)
You're right about that. It's amazing, cause I've been thru multiple MAJOR closet clearing spurts over the last 20 years (including 3 moves). I completely remodeled (as in moving walls) my main closet in fall of 07 and got rid of 4 large boxes of clothes (some with tags still on). I'm kinda kicking myself on that one now, cause that was one of those "Get a grip, it's too small, you'll never wear it" moments....4 months later I started meal delivery...ahhh, that 20/20 hindsight. So it was REALLY strange that I still had those shorts. But I'm glad I did .
Old 02-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #630  

Thumbs up

WOW..Kathy.........

what great news.. and doesn't it feel GREAT .

You have done great Kathy....gettin' skinnier every day.... and now it is your excuse to buy some new tops....... but its great to make those " FINDS' in one's own closet.. What a neat feeling.........Those closet purges are really good for you
..Make it seem real somehow.

Wait till they see you in those snazzy shorts in
Florida !!!
Closed Thread