Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #151  

Default I can't believe it !

just for the heck of I did another weight in today. Well I almost fell off the scale..I got on and off 3 times making the poor machine Dizzy.

I am down another 2 lbs.. that is 5 1/2 lbs in 6 days.

Now I am not a new dieter so I am sure this is NOT water weight... HURRAY>>>>>>>>
45lbs GONE FOREVER......
Old 08-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 137/131.5/125

Height: 5'6

Wow, Renita! That is awesome. I am doing my official weigh in tomorrow. But, I start my period tomorrow...so, I'm worried about the water weight.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #153  

Default I feel your pain...

I know what you feel like Melissa... when I know I have not been off plan for a few days.. I just don't weight in as it makes me discouraged when nothing happens... so I avoid it for a few more days and then hopefully get a wonderful surprise...

Last edited by crenita; 08-28-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #154  

I'm hoping tomorrow is a big surprise. I don't feel "thinner."
Old 08-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #155  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Drumroll, please!!!!

Today was weigh-in and I'm down 1.4 from last week!!!

I've lost a total of 38.6 pounds (23.6 pounds of that on BistroMD over these past 28 weeks).

Again, I'm not a fast loser by any stretch and I'm doing a very modified plan, but I'm VERY happy with these results and know I've hit on a lifestyle that makes me FIT and HEALTHY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaV View Post
Grace, the key is....to make sure you stick to it..and you can live like this! I diet all the time. I work out all the time...and I still have 10 pounds to lose (ok, now I have 7). But, if I go back to eating the way I did....I'll gain it all back.

Great post!
Thank you. And you're totally right about it being something to "live with." For sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc View Post
Grace, you have it down to a fine art. That was great! I have absolutely zero willpower to follow thru on something like that, so I wimp out and do the 7 day plan.
Thank you. Yeah, at first, I was "to the letter" about it. Sure that I would fail if I didn't follow it 100%. But I soon learned that it was a set-up for disaster for me. I get very rebellious with that all-or-nothing mentality. But I absolutely LOVE that I don't have to THINK about what to eat or when to eat it, using BistroMD.

Yes, I've modified the "system" so much that it does require a lot of thinking and a lot of discipline, but that's not to say that there aren't some days when I just go on "auto pilot" and do exactly what BistroMD tells me to do. It's nice to have that structure, too.

Quote:
I got my snacks in today. I really like these guys. They sent some free samples along with the order (some varieties of Kay's Naturals that I didn't order). The service was good, quick, full shipment tracking, and I got exactly what I ordered.
Woo hoo!!! I'm definitely going to check into that. Thank you!

Quote:
Speaking of which, I can't believe it...I got my food today! Granted, I'm not very far from the distribution point, but that was still pretty doggone impressive.
I got mine a day early this week too! My hubby's upset, because of course he had bought frozen pizza and stuff that now he has to eat all up today, but I just laugh! That's what he gets!!! Bringing that frozen pizza into my BistroMD freezer!!!!

Quote:
Out of the 13 lunches/dinner, I got 9 that I haven't tried before. And one of the repeats was the STUFFED CHICKEN WITH APPLES AND CHERRIES...YAY!!! I love that thing. I've really been wanting to try the Salmon in dill, Szechuan beef and Chicken Satay, which were all in this week. I'm a happy camper.
Can't wait to read your reviews on all of the above!

I swear, y'all make that stuffed chicken with apples and cherries sound SO GOOD that I've thought about calling BistroMD and asking them to throw that one in my next box, just to let me try it (even though I'm sure it's not gluten-free, if it's stuffed with breadcrumbs... but sometimes I'll endure the "bad" in order to have something really wonderful heh, heh). LOL Must be REALLY good, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenita View Post
Well I did an early weight in... just couldn't wait until Friday... DOWN 3 1/2 lbs... HURRAY..... and good food to boot.
Woo hoo! Congrats, Renita! That's awesome news! WOW! Your body is really responding to the BistroMD food! Yay!!!!!!!

Quote:
The Protein snacks really make a huge difference for me. I can tell that already and all that LOVELY protein with each meal... seems to be exactly what I was needing...
Protein is a good fuel for the bod and such a great way to teach our bodies to burn off the stored fat rather than using up the fat we give it in fat-rich meals. I like that whole concept!!

Burn, baby, burn!!!!!

Quote:
Grace thanks for the details explanation.. I am going to sit down and do the calories like you did.. I use the Spark People website and keep track of my daily intake..... all good idea's..thanks for taking the time to write this all our for me
Absolutely my pleasure! I copied and pasted it to my blog too, in case it might be helpful to others (and to help me remember, down the line, when I wonder how I made it work and have long since forgotten my BistroMD days). *sniffle* No worries. That's not happening any time TOO soon!

Quote:
I want to make sure everyone understands that you don't save a penny (depending on what you order, you could spend more) vs. getting the snacks from BMD. The only advantage, is that you can select your own. But to try a bar, you have to buy a box of 7. For example, I took a gamble and spent $9 on a box of 7 cheesecake mixes, to see if it even came close to the mini cheesecakes. I may wind up throwing 6 away (or feeding them to the my danes).
Kathy, you always crack me up! You are SO funny!!!!! LOL

Quote:
Also, if you buy enough to get the 10% discount ($100), all that stuff sitting around is a huge temptation (trust me...I wanted to try one of each last nite when they came in).
Excellent point! I get like that. I used to do that when I would go to the market and buy "normal food" back in the day. I wanted to have a little bit of everything RIGHT AWAY. Such a weird mindset!! But I guess that's part of the problem in the first place, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaV View Post
I went to Georgia. Being in NJ, people do not watch and celebrate college football. They are all about the NFL.
MELISSA! I went to Georgia too!!! I've already planned to go to the "official SoCal Dawgs game-watching headquarters" on Saturday morning to watch the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goooooooooooooooooo DAWGS!!!!!!! (It's my favorite time of year! And the dawgs are HOT this year!!!!!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!)

Quote:
just for the heck of I did another weight in today. Well I almost fell off the scale..I got on and off 3 times making the poor machine Dizzy.

I am down another 2 lbs.. that is 5 1/2 lbs in 6 days.

Now I am not a new dieter so I am sure this is NOT water weight... HURRAY>>>>>>>>
45lbs GONE FOREVER......
Renita, I am so happy for you! What an inspiration!!!!!!!! Thank you for reporting your successes!!!! Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this group!!

Yay, us!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #156  

Grace, congrats on your loss. I'm watching the game on Saturday...Saturday will be a free day. Not meal...I'm going to eat my head off and drink beer. I cannot wait. I'm always worried when we are posted as No. 1...though....

I'll weigh in tomorrow, I changed my day to Fridays.....
Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #157  
klc

Renita - That is wonderful!!!. Now if anyone asks, I betcha you'll tell them YES, it is worth the money!!!! Gotta love this thing...eating great food, feeling great AND losing weight.

GRACE - Way to go wild woman Yep, we're gonna have to start calling you Alice soon. I am so proud of you, but not at all jealous Seriously, that is a great morale boost for all of us. Thanks!!!

Melissa - I had all my parts pulled a few years ago, so I don't have any excuse, and I'm gonna be suprised if I dropped any this week. So even if you plateau this week, you'll be doing great with having all of your plumbing intact. I figure that Renita and Grace have held up the team this week with their kick butt performance!!

OK, food update. If you order (from wherever) try the double bites chips. They're great. Also I had the chicken Satay for the first time today and thought I'd gone to heaven. I LOVE Asian and Indian food. My favorite Thai dish is shrimp or chicken masaman (sp?). The sauce on the satay was very similar to the masaman sauce. If you added a little more coconut milk to it, sprinkled cashews on it, and served a pot of rice on the side, it would have been awfully close. Even before I was dieting, that was a treat for me. I can't believe that it is something that is actually part of the plan. And it was a lunch for crying out loud! Oh, I almost forgot. I had the Jambalaya yesterday. I thought "yeah, another soup". Was I ever wrong. That stuff was great. Yeah, I love this food
-Kathy
Old 08-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #158  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I ordered from
http://www.myhealthmanagement.com/

but I want to make sure everyone understands that you don't save a penny (depending on what you order, you could spend more) vs. getting the snacks from BMD. The only advantage, is that you can select your own. But to try a bar, you have to buy a box of 7. For example, I took a gamble and spent $9 on a box of 7 cheesecake mixes, to see if it even came close to the mini cheesecakes. I may wind up throwing 6 away (or feeding them to the my danes). Also, if you buy enough to get the 10% discount ($100), all that stuff sitting around is a huge temptation (trust me...I wanted to try one of each last nite when they came in). I'm glad I did the order, but just wanted to give everyone the negatives as well, so you can judge for yourself.
-Kathy
Thanks for the info Kathy. I just ordered some of the Kays products and an oatmeal. I like that I can order just what I want. I really didn't care for some of the ones from BistroMD (I'm not big on sour cream & onion anything, or nacho chips...). On the Kays, you could order individual bags instead of cases, so I tried a few that sounded good, since I really liked the way those snacks filled me up when I was getting them from BMD.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #159  

Good LORDY this gas is killing me. I want my parts pulled.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #160  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Just a P.S. about the MyHealthManagement site. I love them!! When I placed my order, there was a place to include comments, so I asked them to remove the oatmeal if it had any artificial sweeteners.

They wrote back within minutes and said that it had a very small amount and they were taking it off the order. I told them they could feel free to just substitute $9.95 worth of Kays products instead of refunding me, and again they wrote back within minutes saying it was no problem, and they would only bill me for the other items.

Wow. I'm really impressed by the customer service. Since I'm the one who keeps grumbling about things with BMD, I thought I'd show you that I'm not just a complete grouch!! Thanks again for the info.

Last edited by Carrie3146; 08-28-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #161  

Question Question for you veteran Bistro Md'ers......

I track my intake on Spark people and I noticed that I am not adding many fruit options . Are you all adding some fruit to your menu's or following the plan as written? My calorie intake is low so there really is room to add some.... also do you all add some milk or milk products ?

Also got my lovely box yesterday, one day early, and the menu sent doesn't look much like the food I received.. I got a box of cocoa with 4 bags..as well as the great snacks. Do I add the cocoa to the breakfasts that have those sweet rolls that are really low in calories ???

I am a little confused.. No instructions came in this package so I hate to call them for that but will if you all suggest I do so
Thx .........Renita
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #162  
klc

Default Weigh in

Down 1lb for a total of 39.. I may not be setting any speed records, but I'll take it.
-Kathy
Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #163  

Smile Good JOB Kathy......

...Kathy..Great week.. down 1 lbs is a victory for you...

Nothing feels quite so good as when you step on that darn scale and the numbers MOVE ON DOWN>>>

Renita

Last edited by crenita; 08-29-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #164  

Renita, just a quick check in, The Hot chocolate goes with each breakfast. I drink it at night, though...cause I'm hungry.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #165  
klc

The hot chocolate is supposed to go with breakfast, but I agree with Melissa. For me, it's perfect for late evening. I've always been a late nite snack person (which is one of the reasons I'm here) but this stuff knocks the edge right off for me.

OK, my big Friday nite news...when you get old, weird things thrill you on a Friday nite...I just bought a freezer for my pantry. I'm into edible landscaping. Last fall, I planted blueberries, Asian pears, japanese persimmons (both astringent and non-astringent) and figs in my front yard. This spring I put in raspberries. I didn't let anything bear their first year except the raspberries. I put out 3 different kinds of raspberries (2 red, 1 gold), 4-5 plants each thinking that I'd lose some but noooo, they're going nuts. I'd been planning on getting a small upright freezer so I could freeze the raspberries, blueberries and astringent persimmons. The asian pears keep well in cold storage (I have a basement) so that means I could not only have killer fruit during the summer, but all winter long as well. I'm thinking about throwing out some strawberries as ground cover in the beds so I have something in the spring. OK, I digress. Anyhow, since I'm going to have more raspberries than I need to pick and eat off the bush this fall, I decided to go on and get a freezer so I could have raspberries with my oatmeal all winter. Also, if I collect a backlog of Bistro food, no problem. There are a few recommendations I have from this whole thing.

Lowe's had the best price on freezers (even better than Sam's). They will deliver in 24 hours. They charge you for delivery, but give you a rebate to get it back (i.e. free delivery)

Fruit trees - JustFruitsandExotics.com They're outside of Tallahasse FL. You can mail order from them or buy them on site. It's much more expensive to mail order, but they have big, healthy excellent plants with a huge selection. Although their main focus is what grows in FL, being in north Alabama, I was looking for hardy Japanese persimmons and happened upon them. Timing was everything, because I had already planned a vacation on St. George Island (45 minutes away) the end of November, which is perfect planting time for us. BTW, I vacationed with one of my great danes. So I came home with Face's bed sitting in the middle of a jungle in the back of my Element. These guys not only have wonderful plants, they give great follow-on support as well. They really love what they do.

Raspberries - Florida doesn't do raspberries (too hot) so I got them from NourseFarms.com. Again, the plant were exceptional, as was their service. If you've ever thought about doing raspberries, a suggestion. Get the everbearing ones. In late fall/winter when they quit producing, you mow them down to the ground. and they start all over again in the spring (no having to prune, etc). Like I've said before, I'm lazy. You notice I picked stuff that you typically don't have to spray.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a gardening thread, but the freezer, Bistro food, fresh fruit thing just has me cranked right now.
-Kathy
Closed Thread