3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Pure Foods Fresh Start

Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #76

Lauren, what are some of your favorite foods from PFFS?

JUST DO IT! - Nike
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #77

Or anyone for that matter...

JUST DO IT! - Nike
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #78

S/C/G: 270/185/150

Height: 5'5

Great post!
I am currently doing ediets meal delivery, and loving it, but I am looking for a "back-up" diet if I ever get bored with ediets menu. I think PFFS plan will be my next best bet! I read here that they ship from Iowa... which is where I live. I wonder if they have a pick up option? I'll have to check into that when/if I decide to make the switch!

Thank you everyone for the great info!

2ndstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #79
Turtle Extraordinaire

Crenita, no, they haven't added anything new.

Deana, I like most of their stuff. I love the brownies. I also like the mac and cheese, the orange chipotle chicken, the black bean pizza, the ranch skillet, the spicy pork and sweet potatoes, the chicken curry salad ... are you doing PFFS?

I used to hand-pick my menus online, but I found that my weight loss eventually slowed a lot. When I added up the calories, I realized I was picking all their high-calorie items! Figures. So now I let them mostly pick my menu, with a few exceptions. (I can't eat broccoli, and I don't like a few of their meals, so I change those.)

My current subscription runs out in the new year, and my great rate will probably also disappear. (I've been with them for so long, and they haven't upped my rates much as a result.) When that happens, I'm probably going to try another plan, just for variety's sake. No idea which one, yet.

Lauren
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #80

I like the turkey bolognese, the tostada pizza, the Kung Pao chicken (which is called something else on the container - white chicken with peanut sauce?), the Tai chicken something, ranch breakfast, curried chicken, pumpkin muffin, chocolate almond butter smoothie, chicken and turkey wraps, banana pancakes with sausage. Both the meat and veggie lasagnas are good, too.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #81

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

You can get these through Sam's Club now:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/sea...d=117081 8164

We've been very happy with OurLifeFresh, but at this price, I placed an order to try it out.
hhichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #82
Southside White Sox Fan

Ohhhhh....I'm tempted too! Thanks so much for the link. I had no idea Sam's was carrying these.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #83
Turtle Extraordinaire

Wow, I had no idea you could order these through Sam's! And it's about $30 cheaper per week, too. I'm going to check this out; thanks!

Lauren
Old 01-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #84

Ours arrived a day late and frozen solid. Have to call customer service in the morning. Some things, like the salads, are clearly ruined. Others, I need to ask about since it says all over the instructions not to freeze these.

Obviously, I am very disappointed.

Frozen aside, these meals are much smaller looking that what we've been getting from OurLifeFresh - much smaller protein portions.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #85
Turtle Extraordinaire

hhichick, sorry you had a less than favorable experience. I've wondered about ordering through Sam's Club re: time delays. Sounds like that's the case.

My meals arrive frozen this time of year. Not sure how they could avoid it. Are there delivery diet plans that arrive unfrozen in the winter?

FWIW, all my food still comes out fine, even after being frozen. I thought they stopped shipping leaf lettuce salads a long time ago. Those would freeze and wilt. The others come through fine.

Just took a look at OurLife Fresh ... it sounds very appealing. Unfortunately, the calories are too high for me to lose weight at this point. Lunch and dinner would use up all my calories for the day. Too bad; it looks like a good plan otherwise.

Lauren

Last edited by LaurenH : 01-08-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #86

Our OLF meals average under 400 calories each. (We just get the dinners.) How many calories do you eat a day?

They actually do arrive fresh, not frozen. But they ship from Virginia, not Iowa.

I talked to the Pure Foods folks - they said to contact Sam's for a credit for any items we can't eat. There were no lettuce salads, but some fresh tomato ones that are obviously no longer fresh.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #87

Another thing to keep in mind about comparing the OLF and PFFS meals - the OLF meals are significantly larger. I'll take a pic of the two compared tonight and post it.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #88

Here's the pic. (It's awful but at least you can get the idea.)

The OLF meal actually weighed 100 grams more than the PFFS, too.

We'll be staying with OLF. It is more expensive - but a meal fills us up, even my 6' 250# weight lifter son. And the PFFS just doesn't.

While the PFFS meals were fine - I haven't disliked any - they reminded me of Kashi meals and we already buy Kashi meals at the grocery store. And they just didn't excite us the way that the OLF meals do. It's a treat going home and eating one of the OLF meals and we don't feel that way about the PFFS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-01-08 17.53.19.jpg (17.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #89
Turtle Extraordinaire

hhchick, it sounds like you've found a plan that works well for you. If it were cheaper and offered a full week of meals instead of 5 days, I'd try it! I'd just have to figure out what to do about the meals that come in at just under 500 calories, though. I wouldn't lose weight on those.

Good luck and best wishes on your weight loss journey. It's never easy, no matter what plan you choose.

Lauren
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #90

It def works for us. I usually eat between 1400-1500 calories a day so the OLF meals are just fine for me. Back when I was eating two a day, I'd make sure to match a lower calorie lunch with the higher calorie dinners.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.