Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:34 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 194.5/184.5/130

Height: 5'2"

PFFS sounds pretty good... a bit more expensive then the plan i'm doing. I'm doing the 5 day program which I hope is enough but might not been if I go crazy the other 2 days. I better get serious I guess! You guys are very motivating. I'm glad I found this sight.

Amanda
Jolie4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #47  
Turtle Extraordinaire

So how are folks doing?

I'm on my 7th month of this program. I took a couple of weeks off recently for vacation, but only gained about 1.5 pounds, which quickly came right back off when i came home and got back in the saddle. PFFS has taught me a lot about portion sizes, which I found very helpful while on vacation.

I've lost a total of 42.5 pounds so far and am very happy overall. I'd still like to find a local program; if I do, I'll try that for a while. I like the idea of not having this huge cooler shipped to me every week.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/Ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow Lauren that is awesome! You are doing great!
I'm down 8 pounds so far. My appetite has adjusted and I am not straving all the time now. Time to start adding in some exercise.
Do you get tired of the meal choices?
YouWhoLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #49  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, YouWho. Glad to hear your appetite adjusted! It's funny how it does that, isn't it? Even now, I look at these portions and marvel -- how can anyone be satisfied on this amount of food? But I am. It just goes to show you how distorted our portion sizes have become.

As for getting tired of the food, I really haven't. There are a lot of choices, far more than I would have if I were cooking for myself. I also continue to supplement with veggies and fruit.

How about you? How's it going for you?

I keep thinking about trying another program, but so far I'm satisfied. And they did give me a great deal as a long-term customer, so I reserved meals for the next six months! (Fortunately I only have to pay for them as I receive them.) So long as I keep losing, I'll stick with it. 46 pounds and counting ...
Old 11-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #50  

Lauren H... Congrats.. your doing wonderfully.......

. I have been on 4 different plans.. trying out the ones that work and the ones that don't.. I was on the PFFS.. for a long time.. then needed a break from the food and am now on Bistro..... the people at PFFS are great.. I do miss them.. I liked that the food was really in line with the Glycemic index and that so much was whole grains and good food products.. They need to expand the options a little and chg up the snacks, things I told them directly.
. That is what finally got me to chg to another plan.. I still have a few meals in the freezer that I pull out and use and really like.. I had the Turkey Bolengnese(sp) last night and it was really good.
I had some good weight loss on the plan and always tell people about it
Good luck with the ongoing meal plan........who know I may be back on PFFS sooner than later.. I like to switch up to add variety to the plans.
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #51  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Crenita, you're doing wonderfully!

I hear you about the snacks. I basically just get the chocolate stuff, the nuts for mid-afternoon, and supplement with fruit and yogurt.

Do you find you lose as well on Bistro as you did on PFFS? Are you any more/less hungry, or about the same?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #52  

I am losing much faster...
also their program has so much protein both in the meals and in the snacks you really aren't hungry...... now sometimes I WANT something else but usually it has nothing to do with hunger.. Portions are bigger Not the small portions with PFFS but rather.. huge portions of chicken, turkey, sirloin steak, BBQ pork, seafood... salmon, shrimp.. stuff like that.. It is essentially a high protein low carb plan.. There are some carbs but very little..
I like that they are frozen as this helps with the freshness as well as when I want to take a day off the plan the meals are all safe tucked away in my freezer for when I need them.
I am usually losing about 2- 2 1/2 lbs per week... with very little effort.
They also recommend a one dinner off plan each week to have anything you like..... that has really helped keep me focused and satisfied.
They are now allowing you to opt out of the breakfast menu.......and that cuts the cost a lot. they have 2 plans.. the Bistro MD plan and the Biggest Loser Plan.. The BLP is a little cheaper but the food is just as good just not as much variety as you get with Bistro.....
Over all I am very satisfied with the food and my results.
But again the PFFS plan is a good one I just needed a change .......
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #53  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone else is still on PFFS, or am I alone in the world?

Down 52 pounds and counting. This program even got me through the holidays with a LOSS instead of a gain, which is miraculous.

How are you doing?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 198/Ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lauren! I just restarted a 6 week stint of Purefoods 5 day program. I went off for the holidays and vacation. My weight went up and down a little but as of yesterday when I restarted Purefoods my weight was exactly the same as when I stopped. Crazy! (In a good way ) I have never been on a diet before that I was able to maintain weight loss like this with time off. I am exercising more and making better food choices, but I gotta tell ya I ate an entire container of peppermint ice cream during Christmas.
Bistro MD has me curious with what sounds like more protien but for now I am sticking with Purefoods.
YouWhoLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #55  

Don't feel bad Lauren. I was doomed at the start of the holidays when friends gave me two boxes of Godiva and one box of Sees! That did not include the other goodies my husband and I have gotten! IS THERE NO JUSTICE! lol!

BUT...................

When I get my food on Wednesday, it's boot camp time for me!

By the way I LOVE peppermint ice cream. I love those pieces of cool candy cane mixed into the ice cold peppermint...yummm.

Bakers Square makes this awesome Chocolate Peppermint pie each year that is also INCREDIBLE! My favorite candy is a peppermint patty so if I must splurge at some point, at least I picked the bar that does the least damage and has the least amount of fat and calories..lol.
PrincessDietMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #56  
Turtle Extraordinaire

YouWho, wow, maintaining over the holidays, that's terrific! Sounds like you managed to do a good job overall even while off plan, which is the sign of a long-term winner. Way to go!

Princess, good luck with your first PureFoods experience! Hope it works well for you.

The main thing that has helped me this time has been the change in my mindset -- I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this weight off, no excuses. The Fresh Start program has been a huge help, no question. But ultimately, I think my determination to JUST DO IT is what's keeping me going.

Have a lovely day, everyone.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #57  
banned

Also wishing the best of luck to those working with Pure Foods. The name in itself already makes you feel good, lol.
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #58  

Hey guys,

Just got my food and everything came ice cold with the ice pack still frozen which gave me a sigh of relief (not sure how that will hold up on the blistering hot days we get in the summer when its' going ground, but for now it looks fine).

The food looks great however I was totally surprised by what I read from the labels. I can't be the only one to have noticed that the labels online next to the food are TOTALLY DIFFERENT and show no preservatives whatsoever and when you get the food, they are loaded with quite a few actually. That irked me a bit to be honest. One of the reasons I chose Pure Foods (because it is costing me a lot of money at nearly $700.00 a month) was to get fresh food with no preservatives. Has anyone actually read these labels when they get the food? I had my husband look them over to see if I was not reading these right or or something because I found quite a few preservatives and he assured me I hadn't lost my mind. He also saw quite a few. I don't get it? How can they blatantly lie like this? I was really surprised. Since this is a place where we are supposed to feel free to come to and share and vent about these programs honestly, I have to say that this was a bit of a let down. Not looking for perfection here, but honesty is important. In fact one of the sales people had me click on a label while we were talking (asked if I was near a computer and I said yes and that I had their site pulled up in fact) and they were very proud as I looked at the ingredients and told me that they use no preservatives and that anytime I wanted to see what was in their food, I could do this. Ummm Houston we have a problem. Those labels are not what you see when you get the food.

I have to say that if this food is not as pure and fresh as I thought it was and it is almost $200.00 more a month as compared to Diet To Go, this definitely shoves me more in the direction of Diet To Go. I may give this another week or two and try to decide as I go along but personally if I am going to get some preservatives, I would rather have my food arrive fresh but flash frozen so I know it's a bit more stable and pay a lot less money (also Diet To Go has some rather amazing looking food and has a fabulous looking low carb Atkins menu that is one of the best I've ever seen).

We'll see how tomorrow goes when I actually try the food for the first time. This is not necessarily a deal breaker because quality means a lot to me as well, but I am a straight shooter and when you aren't honest with me, it tends to make me lose a little faith and respect in that person or that company. These labels were disappointing, but the food does look good and I am excited to begin despite what I found.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #59  

Ok a quick update. The food is wonderful! This does not taste like diet food at all! It's restaurant quality and truly delicious. I had the Banana Walnut Pancakes early for breakfast and just had the BBQ chicken with Zucchini Salad for lunch. The pancakes were a bit bland however the turkey sausage link was delicious (I think next time I will use a teaspoon of Mrs. Butterworth's lite on them instead of the honey). The chicken in the lunch item was incredible! Perfect, delicious chicken that was extremely high quality and not nasty like some of the JC Chicken dinners are (I couldn't handle those and believe me I tried). I decided to have my treat a bit early because I am craving chocolate big time and I have to say that I am in love with that Hershey's Dark Chocolate Pomegranate! OMG that stuff is incredible, but the square is so microscopic that it's basically a bite and then it's gone. I am still put off by that whole "we don't use preservatives" crap because that's what it was, however the food is delicious!!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #60  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Princess, I put lite maple syrup on my pancakes instead of the honey. Very tasty.

I'm seeing no preservatives on many meals, and a miniscule amount on others. It certainly doesn't bother me. No long lists of chemicals, etc. Here's an example, from my lunch yesterday, which was lentil soup:

Ingredients:
--vegetable broth (water, carrots, onion, spaghetti squash, celery, cabbage, garlic, ginger, parsley, kosher salt)
--water
--tomatoes (tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, citric acid, calcium chloride)
--lentils
--carrots
--pearled barley
--onion
--celery
--pomace olive oil (refined olive pomace oil and extra virgin olive oil)
--garlic, oregano, black pepper, rosemary

That's it. The only preservatives in there are the calcium chloride, which is a salt, and the citric acid, which is a natural preservative. No synthetic chemicals. That's pretty typical from what I've seen. I think they make a big effort to keep their food as healthy and natural as possible.