Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #31  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hey there. Just found this thread. I've been doing Pure Foods Fresh Start for about 6 weeks so far, and I've lost 17 pounds. I did Weight Watchers off and on for years and did lose relatively well, about .5 to 1 pound per week when I was serious. For whatever reason, I'm losing much more quickly on this plan. I've actually added extra fruit and yogurt and veggies to it, just to slow things down a bit. (I lost more than 7 pounds the first week!)

I'm loving it! The food is surprisingly good, much better than Lean Cuisine, etc. It took me a week or so to get used to the portion sizes (what an education! I've been eating about 3x too much), but since then I've only been hungry at meal times or thereabouts. The food is indeed fresh. I've had only one mishap so far (a rotten egg). We'll see how things go as the weather gets warmer.

I also like the fact that PFFS uses only whole grains (whole wheat pasta, quinoa, brown rice, etc.) and low-glycemic index foods. Very healthy eating.

I'll be reading these threads with interest to see how other home-deliver diet plans compare in case I get tired of this one. For now, though, I couldn't be happier with the results.

Last edited by LaurenH; 05-22-2008 at 12:42 PM.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Lauren, I just responded to you in the other thread too, but I just wanted to say YUCK about your rotten egg. Eek! I always just make my own hard-boiled egg when they provide one. The little egg packages kind of skeeve me out.

Anyway I have to reiterate that it is awesome that PFFS is working so well for you! It's a really excellent plan, I think.
noodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:09 AM   #33  
teach73

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'4

I just signed up for a 3 day trial to see if I like Purfoods. Glad to see I have company!
teach73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #34  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Just an update here. I'm still doing PFFS, and I'm down 25 pounds. I'm still loving it. The food is great, and the convenience is marvelous. There have been a few snafus regarding missing meals, but they've been great about doing refunds. All in all, I'm very pleased.

Anyone else still doing this one?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #35  

I am! It's going pretty well. My weight loss is REALLY slow though. I'm only down about 17-18# from when I started in January! But at least it's not going up, I guess?

And I do a modified plan... so I dunno.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #36  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Noodlebean, you've been an inspiration to me, managing to lose weight in spite of all the traveling you do. I'm not sure how I'd fare!

I do modify this plan a little bit; I add a yogurt every day, and sometimes a piece of fruit. And some half-and-half in my coffee. But that's pretty much it. Haven't lost much the past couple of weeks (half pound each week), but that's not unusual for me. I tend to hold onto weight and then -- WHUMP -- drop a few pounds at once. So I'm guessing (hoping) that'll happen again.

I'm loving all the new choices, too! I find it hard to decide what to eat now, frankly. It's a good problem.

Last edited by LaurenH; 07-11-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #37  

Smile Me too.. on PFFS for months

Hi, I have been on PFFS for 4 months. I am still doing well. lost 39lbs.. and going strong.

I did try another program DTG .. lots more food.. but no weight loss, in fact weight gain.. so back on PFFS for the long haul. They have been great and work out any issues re the food or delivery.. Great customer service.

The best for me is that I feel so much better on their food and with the weight loss it really works for me.

I would love a local program but nothing in my area.
Glad you all are having a good experience with PFFS

crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:12 AM   #38  

that's some good results crenita. I might give this a try if Nutrisystem doesn't work out for me.

feypore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #39  

Default Bad experience with first order

Hi,
I'm brand new to this forum, but after my bad experience, I felt I had to post. As soon as I opened my first week of food, I found that the chocolate smoothie I ordered had exploded all over everything. Most of the rest of the food was okay after I rinsed it off, but it really was a messy disaster. Then, a few days later, I opened up my roast beef wrap for lunch, and found that the wheat tortilla was moldy. The next day, I opened my chicken breast wrap to find that tortilla was moldy as well. I e-mailed customer service, and after a few days with no reply, I finally called them and could barely hear them on the other end - the reception was terrible and I heard myself echoing during the entire conversation. They said they'd credit me for the meals, so I guess I'll keep an eye on my credit card, but I definitely won't be re-ordering. I'm going to try Diet to Go next, and hopefully that will be better. What a nightmare! Has anyone else had a bad experience?
celtic girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #40  

Default sorry you have had such a difficult time

I have been eating Pure foods meal delivery since about Feb. first with the Ediet program and then when they hit the rope, I went directly to the PFFS. program. I have only had 2 mishaps in nearly 6 months. but you seem to have had a bad batch.
Email is a problem at time with them as they have had a problem with it but I thought it was fixed.. I communicate with them regularly via email.
Try to call them again.. later in the day.. They are located in Iowa and sometimes our times are messed up. They have been really good to work with for me over the many months we have been getting meals.
Others have said they have had problems with the veggies. on the meals. I think what is happening they use a citric acid as a preservative on the fresh stuff. and that sometimes gives the veggies an overly tart flavor. Also to be honest fresh veggies don't have a long shelf life even in my own refrigerator so I am amazed that they can get most of them out to us in good shape.
You may be happier with a frozen food program I tried Diet to Go .. and the food was OK but way too much sodium for me and I didn't lose one pound with them. Their reported calorie counts seem to be way off. Just pay attention to what the items look like.
The most satisfied Diet to Go people I have talked to seem to be the ones on the Vegetarian plan..
That is the most info I have .. I wish you well and let us know what your experience is....... I am always looking for the "PERFECT" program..hehehehe

Renita
Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 190/188/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone!

Just found this link today and have sent off for a 3 week/5 day a week supply! I had thought long and hard about doing Jenny Craig like I'd done in 1990 (when I only wanted to lose 8 pounds to look great in my wedding dress... ahh, those carefree pre-kid days!;-)) But I gave up HF corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils in May and found out they're in JC's foods - yuck! I was so psyched to find this thread and learn about PFFS.

I've got most other parts of my life under control, eat a variety of foods, keep pretty active most weeks, but my portion control is way, way off, so even when I commit to losing weight I usually lose no more than 5 pounds. I get really busy and don't stick to calorie plans or points or anything else where I have to work at it. I look forward to learning portion control again with this plan, and am doing it 5 days a week both for cost purposes and to make myself do some thinking a few days a week so I can maintain the weight loss after I achieve it.

In January it will be 20 years since my husband and I met and went on our first date, and I'd like to look good by then. I'm not trying to get back down to where I was then (65 pounds lighter and doing karate several days a week) but would be thrilled to be 45 pounds lighter and able to maintain it.

Good luck to everyone else and thanks for the heads up on this program! I have great hopes, and look forward to receiving my first shipment on Aug. 28 (my birthday).

Diane
movinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #42  

Good luck Diane!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 230/227/180

Height: 5'9"

Default PurFoods Week 1

I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for posting such honest comments about plans, and for being so supportive. I just started the PurFoods diet on Monday (I have just finished day 2) and am really inspired by everyone's comments.

I have a lot of weight to lose but I really feel like the PurFoods products are going to help me. I am super busy (dissertations do not write themselves ) and the prepared foods really save me. I no long have the "time" card to play!

And, I find that there is a LOT of food compared to what I was expecting from such a low-calorie option. The only thing that is disappointing is the lack of fresh foods - like veggies and fruit. But, it sounds like many of you have added those in...so, I guess I will, too.

This is not to say that I am not disappointed by the size of the cookies!

My treat so far has been a Tootsie Roll pop. Only 60 calories and I get to suck on it for a while!

Many thanks to you all and I hope to be able to update everyone with good progress!
OhLordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #44  

Default Enjoy the freedom of meal delivery..

Ohlordy,
It was such a treat to get food every week and not have to weight, measure and plan all that stuff.. I have been on meals since Feb and have enjoy 90% of it. When it gets too repetitious.. take a week off the plan. I have been with PFFS since March... I am currently taking a break from them and using another program for a while. I too have a good bit to lose and the same food repeatedly gets old and I start to want to stray.
I LOVE the Pizza's that they make and I miss the breakfasts.. the Egg mixtures are always so satisfying to me. The soups and such never filled me up so I avoided them.. should have used them with a salad.
Now I only have one suggestion for you , and I wish I had know about this when I was on PFFS.. i got some high protein, low cal mid meals snacks and that truly has cut back my hunger TON"S..... There are some great hot cocoa mix's that have loads of protein and only 80 cal. Some BBQ snacks that are only 130 cal and 12 gm of protein..Great fill in when you NEED something.
This has been a real saviour for me in the evening. I make a decaf coffee and add the hot cocoa and boy is that ever tasty and filling. I can't find the stuff anywhere but on line but I need to search some of my local Health food stores.
Good luck and enjoy the pleasure of meals made FOR YOU.

Renita
Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 198/Ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! I am on day three of the 5 day a week/3 week jump start program. It is expensive but it is nice not to have to think about what to cook or make poor fast food choices!
So far so good! I must say that I am hungry! Sigh.... the lentil soup yesterday left me feeling starved a few hours later. I know it will get better as my body adjusts to proper portion sizes. Do you guys have any more tips on riding this out? I bought some celery and some cucumbers yesterday because I was so hungry. I have also had one of those protein water drinks that I added fiber too as filler. Yet some of the meals are very filling and stick with you longer.
Today's breakfast was a smoothie half of a wheat bagel with peanut butter and was so delish! Peanut butter has never tasted so good!
The egg breakfasts are filling too. But I can't look at that egg like substance to close because it skeeves me out!
YouWhoLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote