Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default trying make shift version of medifast...

ok, so I've been reading the medifast site like a hot novel lately, lol.. that diet appeals to me sooo much! but once I saw how much a month costs I knew I couldn't afford it. My husband is currently unemployed and we have 4 kids with just my income so I can't splurge on something like this. But I couldn't get it out of mind so I did a ton of research on it and found you can basically make a makeshift version from items at your local grocery store (or walmart for me) so this morning I made my list and hit the isles! I was pleasantly suprised at how I found a subsitute for everything medifast offers.. from shakes to the chilli! so I started this new plan this morning and I'm sooo psyched about it! I didn't know what forum to post in, I know this isn't technically a mail order diet but it's very close to the medifast so posted here because I'd like to do my weightloss journey with others doing something similar
anyway, has anyone else ever made their own diet based on a popular one but saved a ton of money? if so I'd love to hear what you tried

so anyway, a little about me. I'm 27, 5'4 and I've had 4 babies so I constantly battle my weight anymore. I do good for months then I get stressed or something comes up and I'm off the wagon and gaining like crazy.. well I didn't want to wait until jan 1st to start my new plan, I was too excited so I began today, lol.. no alcohol for me on new years and that is fine.
but my goal is to lose 20 lbs by my birthday, feb 11th.. so I'm hoping with the new plan and some exercise I can lose a nice amount of weight each week. but Im looking forward to my body responding well to the lower carbs and not feeling as hungry. today I've needed my meals every two hrs so far.. I get ravenous by that 2 hr mark.. but I know they said after day 3 your body adjusts (i'm assuming it's keytosis setting in, being an atkins survivor many times over, lol) I do like that it's lower carbs but not extreme.. 80-85grams per day instead of 20 like on atkins, that is much more reasonable
but anyway, here's hoping to a sucessful week and lots of fat melting off, lol..
Old 12-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Spring. Please join us on the main Medifast Thread. I'm a MOD and see you are looking at it right now. I can move this post over there if you like.
You will be very welcome even if you are doing your own plan.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Ms Spryng!
Like Ms Ruthie says, come on over to our MF site -- you will be more than welcome!!!
Maya
Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

really? yes please move it over, yes I've been reading that thread for a couple hrs now, lol.. I'm sooo excited to join you all!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:15 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Moved and this thread closed.
Closed Thread