Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

Default Anyone Having Sucess With Lean Cuisine?

I Was Thinking Of Doing A Plan Like Nutrisystem And Jc To Save Major Dollars And Use Lean Cuisines Instead And Add A Salad And Fruit As Well. Has Anyone Else Done This And Had Success, Would Love To Hear From Someone To Let Me Know That Its Possible
mommyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I am currently on WW and the "supermarket" variety such as Lean Cuisine, WW, and Lean Gourment are an every day part of my meal plan and I lose about 2 lbs per week. So I totally think it's possible to implement these meals with fruits, veggies, and exercise and lose weight.

It all boils down to portion control!

Good luck! =0)
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

When I first started on this journey to lose weight I had to get portion sizes under control. I found Lean cuisines so valuable I can't even tell you. They tasted good, they showed me what a proper portion size was and I was eating more than I ever did, which was a good thing because I wasn't eating enough. After awhile, probably a month, since I knew the lean cuisine's were not enough for a good balanced diet. I made sure I added more veggies, diary, fruits and bread and cereals than I had been eating to the lean cuisines to get all the required amounts of the basic food groups in.

Now I eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups each day but every now and then I still have a lean cuisines when the family is having something I don't want, probably once or twice a week. I use fit day and stay pretty much within a certain amount of calories fat and carbs I allow myself. I fit the lean cuisine right into what I allow myself. The only thing I would point out is that lean cuisines, while not as bad as they use to be, can be a bit high on the sodium side so keep an eye on your over all sodium intake.

I would say YES you can get a balanced diet using lean cuisines as the main part of your meal. Just don't forget to add in the things that lean cuisines don't provide.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote