Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Deliciously Yours Newbie

Hi everyone

My husband and I just signed up for the Deliciously Yours home meals delivery service. I would love to hear from anyone that has tried this service. I will post my thoughts on this program once I start next week. I have read through past reviews of eDiets Express and have some concerns.

1) This plan was said to be priced for $700 but my rate adds up to $526.40 for 4 weeks and that is including S&H. I hope there is no hidden fees that I am not aware of.

2) The sodium content of the foods are high, reports of 1740mg. I scanned all of my meals for the nutritional content and the highest I found was 900mg.

3) The fat content of the food is high. The average fat content of 1 day for me is 35g. Is that too high?

Initial thoughts on the program:
You can’t see the menu until you sign up and give them your credit card.
There is no total nutritional counter for the day, you have to manually add it up your self.

I will keep you all posted!

Last edited by akcher; 07-26-2007 at 09:33 PM.
akcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, welcome to 3FC

I think the fat content sounds fine. Studies have shown that moderate fat diets seem to work better than low fat diets. Anything from 20% to 35% fat would be on target.

Sodium should be under 2400mg per day, so that looks ok to me. If you have high blood pressure or if your doctor recommends less, then you may need to choose foods with less sodium.

Please keep us updated on how you like the foods, which ones you tried, and how much weight you lose
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #3  

I cancelled my account from deliciously yours. I have not gotten my food but I was very dissapointed when they stop serving the California Breakfast (scrambled eggs and cheese) in their basic menu. It was the only hot breakfast they have and I was looking forward to a hot meal to start out my day. My husband and I will be starting the Diet To Go and hopefully that will work out better. I will post my review of the food at the end of this week.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #4  

I have been on this program for 3 days and the food is generally pretty good.

Things I have eaten:
California Breakfast: Yummy
Beef & Noodle Casserole: Good, portion really small, probably won't order again
Nutrigrain Apple Bar: Yummy
Cheesy Penne Pasta: No Flavor, won't order again
Chicken breast w/Cheesy Potato Casserole: Delicious, good portion size!
Chicken Strips w/pasta marinara: yummy, good portion size
Meatloaf w/corn & potato: Yummy, good portion size
Meatloaf Sandwich: Yummy

So one meal I didn't like out of 3 days isn't bad. The portion size needs to get used to. I space my snacks, fruit and yogurt throughout the day and generally I'm not too hungry. I just have to get over the need to have a big dinner at night. So far so good. More to come.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #5  

After another few days on the DY program

Ham & Cheese sandwich: after heating up in the microwave for 30 secs, it was really good, but I can make this my self. It's just 2 bread bread and 1 slice of cheese and ham.
Speghetti & meatballs w/veggies: It was pretty good but the veggies was way to vinagary. It was almost pickled. Yuck.
Turkey Sandwich: STAY AWAY! It didn't taste like Turkey. It was just 2 slices of turkey between bread. Worst meal so far.
Roast Beef Sandwich: It was edible at least. But again, meat and bread.
Granola w/dates & Raisins: Yummy, I pour it in my yogurt.
Granola Bar: Yummy, I dip it in my yogurt
Meat Lasagna: Tastes great but the lasagna was 2inx2in. There was veggies that come with it.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #6  

Hi, this is what i am worried about is the already prepared food. does everyone on this board buy the things to eat??? i went to the site and i am trying to figure out eating the food group way and what.. so is helpful to do it on my own meals. so i come in and get ideas of it from here. so who knows may do it some day. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote