3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Struggling to be a loser too (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/116361-struggling-loser-too.html)

workit120 06-28-2007 12:03 PM

Struggling to be a loser too

I talked to the people at DTG yesterday. The 1600 cal. meal plan is the same as the 1200 cal. in portions except that they add a roll or breadsticks to the meal. I don't think that is a very good deal. They tried to convince me that the portions were a little larger in the 1600 cal. meals even after I told them that I weighed them and they were exactly the same as mine. I finally explained to her that there is no way that is possible because both meals weigh exactly the same - then she put me on hold - she came back and told me that they fill in the extra 400 cal. with a roll or breadsticks. My husband canceled.
Anyway, I really just want to say that I have so much admiration for all of the people who have lost any kind of weight. From 15 lbs to over 100 lbs. I do not know how you do it! It is truly amazing!!! The most I have ever lost is 10 lbs. and now I can't even get there. It is so frustrating. I have been trying since Jan. becasue this was the year that I was going to "get myself together" and it is not working very well. It really blows my mind when I read this forum and see the major success many of you have achieved. I have come to realize that this is probably going to be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Here's to all you wonderful losers! :cheers:

FitinTime 06-28-2007 12:34 PM

I know how you feel and I know that everyone here can relate to what you are going through and feeling. I would always feel like a failure when I couldn't lose more than 20 lbs. Or if I would see someone I knew who was heavy and they had lost a lot of weight. I always thought, "why can't I do that!"
I mean we can say I wish, I wish, I wish, but that doesn't really get us anywhere.
We all have the desire to do whatever we need to do.
I have been heavy all my life, and this time I have the desire to want to lose this weight. FYI, I started at 243, now I'm down to 218, I was at 216, but gained 2 lbs. I'm not going to let that discourage me, I feel like I accomplished something already.
I start a low carb diet and find that it's not as hard as I thought it would be.
We just have to take everything one day at a time and one pound at a time.
It helps to speak positive things in our life, such as, "I can lose this weight", or "I will be thin", "I am worthy", and "I will be what I want to be".
It can be done!
You can do it, God knows if I can do it, which I feel like I'm a major procrastinator, then anyone can.
You can do it!
God Bless!

workit120 06-28-2007 01:50 PM

Fitintime,
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Congratulatoins on your 27 lbs! WOW! I know what you are saying about seeing people who have lost weight. I guess I am so dicouraged because yesterday my husband put on a suit that he just bought last month and the pants fell to the floor while they were buttoned and zipped! He has lost 30 lbs and didn't even know it! How depressing! He weighs less than me now! It seems like everyone around me is losing weight. My mother has lost 40 lbs. and is now very under weight for her hieght, 2 of my sisters and I all put on about 12 lbs during family stress at the end of last year and they have both lost it, my mother-in-law is thinner than she has ever been since my husband was born, and my best friend has lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months. I keep hearing about so many celebs on TV that have lost weight. I feel like I have found all of the weight that everyone is casting out into the universe or something. Why can't I do it too? None of them seem to struggle like me.

FitinTime 06-28-2007 04:03 PM

Oh you're so welcome!
I know how, it depressing when everyone else loses weight. I would feel embarrassed to even be around those I knew who lost weight.
My mother in law lost alot of weight last year, and I was so jealous of her, I couldn't even congradulate her on it. That's how bad I was at that time.
One of my sisters had lost weight and I was jealous of her too. Now she is gaining and I'm losing, but I'm gloating about it. I actually feel bad when I'm around her.
I don't want to endorse any diet, because I have tried them all. I'm doing Atkins right now, and it's seems to me that just eliminating all white bread, flour, sugar and any type of carbs that are bad is helping so much. I do think there is something to this because in two months I dropped those 26 or 27 lbs.
I am able to breath better, I don't get headaches, amongst other things.
I even heard that the south beach diet is good too.
I'm sure you can check out their websites.
But if you want to do something just do it, don't worry about tomorrow or down the road, because today is enough to think about.
Be encouraged!
Oh and one more thing, talking from experience here. .try not to focus to much on yourself if you decide to change your eating habits. Start doing stuff for other people, (I'm sure you do anyways). By that you don't focus on how hungry you are or what to eat or if you losing weight.
It just automatically comes together, and before you know it, your losing weight. Not to mention how fulfilling it is to help others out when in need.
In return you will receive the same.
Take Care and God Bless! ;)

workit120 06-28-2007 04:52 PM

I am so glad to hear that there is someone who understands how I feel most of the time. No one that I know gets it. I am embarrassed to be around people too. Both of my sisters who lost the weight are size 5 so they certainly didn't get any kind of a weight problem from gaining 12 lbs. in the first place. It put me into a size 16 and I am shorter than everyone I mentioned earlier.
I am trying Diet to Go right now. I tried Atkins when it was popular years ago and I couldn't do it. I got a bad headache everyday. I bought the South Beach Diet book, but I have never tried it. I am trying DTG because it is just regular food in correct portions. I figure it is worth a try. It is so hard not to just drop it and go back to my old habits that made me this way in the first place. I'm sorry I sound so depressed today, but my husband was the last straw. I think that sent me over the edge.
Who should I help? Just curious. I used to run around helping my family in my early 20's until my husband and friends kept pointing out that they never returned the favor when I needed help or even called unless they needed something. It made me feel so bad that I stopped doing things for them and now I don't hear from them. Guess my husband and friends were right. I don't have any children. I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions?
You should be proud about your weight loss!!! :carrot: It is SUPER hard! I just dream of the day I can say I've lost that much weight!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...0/135/196/.png