Jenny Craig Members

You're on Page 6 of 32
Go to
  • Hi Ladies, I was thinking about joinging jenny craig and I was wondering, If you have to pay weekly or monthly for the food?
  • I haven't posted since I joined JC, but had my 3rd weigh-in yesterday and I'm down 8lbs in 3 weeks. Awesome to me because I haven't felt deprived. And the food is for the most part is quite tasty. This loss is without exercise, as I am physically disabled, which makes it even more amazing to me.

I had a real success yesterday - my son & granddaughter were visiting from out of town. They got here around lunch time Friday and first thing they wanted to do was go get In-Out burgers. (If you don't live in west, you probably haven't heard of these, but are really good.) I declined and ate my jc lunch while they were scarfing burgers and fries. Then yesterday he wanted to go to his favorite pizza place since he only gets it when he comes home. I ate.....drumroll please..... ONE piece and stopped. I could not believe it, because I'm ashamed to say I have eaten a whole pizza by myself before. Just had to share this with someone, since it is blowing my mind. I don't think I ever ate only one piece of pizza in my whole life.

Stacie, you buy your food each week at first. From what I see when I'm there, once you start doing some of your meals on your own, people buy 2-3 weeks at a time.

I did try the triple choc cheese cake last week. It is really very good, but almost too rich for me. Of course, I'm a salty crunch girl rather than a chocolate girl.
  • Thanks soiley!!
    Ive been reading as much as I could about JC, I thinks it the best for me since it was either this or medifast, and I really cant see me just starving myself. Ive tryed Counting calories before with some exersize and even though Im in onederland, it took me like 4 months to lose 20 pounds. And I still think I look exactly the same, probaly bigger now. My problem is portions. I know I eat alot even if its supposly healthy. So a consultant called me today and im going in wendesday, so excited. Its so close to my house to.
    Also does it make a difference if you exersize alot? Or does it not really matter?

Stace

215/195/130
  • Stace, It makes BIG DIFFERENCE when you exercise.. You will see the weight coming off very quickly. Try just walking for one hour a day and doing some weights in between.

Take care and good luck to you on JC. It does work because its all measured and counted for you.
  • Well, I love JC because I can eat all of my favorite foods. After a few weeks, you just get adjusted to eating smaller portions and even if you eat "regular" food, you don't need as much to feel full. You will lose weight on JC w/o exercise, but adding exercise makes you lose faster. Try starting with 10 or 15 minutes and adding an additional minute every few days. Much easier to "sneak" introducing exercise to your body rather than jumping in over your head.
  • Hurray!!! Lost another 3 lbs on JC. kept to the program the whole week and exercised. But for dinner I had some baked chips with hummis dip. Not too much but I am still missing the JC chocolate cake with milk. think I'll have that tonight a little later on. I really didnt eat much today because I didnt buy enough food to last me to today. So this morning I had 2 eggs for breakfast then went to Starbucks and had I Venti Caramel Macchiotto Non Fat..for lunch I had a tossed salad and some cantaloupe and for dinner finally had my JC dinner...Beef Sirloin with lots of veggies.

• Went today and got the food. Everything looks great, im on 1200 calories, if I decided to do alot of exersizes how much will they up my calories, because this already looks like alot of food. But still very happy cant wait to get started tomm!!!
  • Just started JC yesterday May 10th. The first day went well. The food was good, especially the choc. cake. The cost for one week for me wasn't bad. I thought it would be alot higher. I think I am going to like having my meals pre planned for me. It gives me a mental break from worrying about what to cook for me. I decided that although I need to lose 30 pounds, that I would set small goals of maybe 8-10 pounds each so that my getting to my goal wouldn't seem so far away.

Was I supposed to get the 'Multiplus' from the JC Centre? I see it in the evening menu, but don't know what it is?
  • The multiples are vitamins (I think). I don't use them, just the vitamins and calcium that i've taken for a long time.
  • Everyone sounds like they have been doing great! I exercise 5 days a week myself, but I did that before I started JC. I usually lose about 1 lb per week. That is good enough for me because it is so easy to follow and I had not been able to lose in so long on my own. I do follow it very closely. I used the preplanned menus for awhile and just started planning my own now, which I REALLY like. I have had the triple choco cheesecake several times this week! That is the good thing about getting it in the mail, they are never out of anything. I have dropped off some of the items in order to reduce my cost a little also. I don't get their dressing or anytime bars or syrup, or vitamins. I order a month at a time in order to get a reduced shipping charge.

I have just finished 2 months and I have lost 10 lbs. Of course, I would love for it to have been more, but honestly, I feel like I could do this without fail for whatever length of time I need to, it is so easy and convenient. My family is really being very supportive also. I am sure it has crossed their minds that I am spending over $500 a month that we could be doing something that they could enjoy also, but they have said nary a word about it. That REALLY helps me.
  • Hey guys, I thought I would introduce myself, I've been lurking for quite some time now.

On wednesday I went for my 5th week weighin, so far I've lost 11.2 pounds and at my first milestone I had lost 6.5 inches. I enjoy reading all about everyones struggles and triumphs here and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Best of Luck!
  • Congrats Britt!!
    Is anyone on the 1200 calorie plan, but when you add up your calories its usually like 1300-1350. I dont know where Im going wrong, maybe today I didnt have a glass a milk, instead I had a starbucks which was 200 c. Does anyone else add there calories toghether, or they you just trust jenny?
  • I add my calories. Just to be sure. The thing I have trouble with is figuring out how much the salad really is, or the grapefruit....I too am doing 1200 calories.
  • Hi - Just joined this week. My Boyfriend joined with me so thats helped a lot. So far the food has been great and I haven't felt hungry at all. Hopefully I can stay focused .
  • I track my calories with a software program that you log your food in, since I am diabetic and have to know how many carbs I am eating. Mine go any anywhere from 1100 to 1400. I think it depends on how much veggies, etc. you add in. I asked my jcc & she said that's the way it's supposed to be-that 1200 was an average. I started at 1200 too, and was told they up your cals as you get to halfway, then when you start maintenance after you reach goal. That's a long way off for me.