Jenny Craig Members

You're on Page 5 of 32
Go to
  • This is my 5th day on the program and feeling pretty good. I have been active, walked up and downhill 2x this week and went to the gym..I am going to hike for 1.5 tomorrow Sat. and also on Sunday. Although I have a knee injury that I have been trying to nurse for 3 months..I am not going to stop being active...stopping was what got me to this weight. Just not feeling good at all being this heavy. My hypnotherapist said never to say the word "weight loss" because my mind will register as something that is lost already and ready to be found. Need to say getting rid of weight at all times and never say "diet" just eating healthy so that it can be a lifestyle change.
    I was 193 when I started this Monday...lets see what I will register on Monday when I weigh in.

Anyone figured out how to make this much cheaper per week. How about when going out....how do you manage eating while eating out? I would like to just have a regular dinner with friends of a small portion of protein and vegetables..but I dont want to get off the program and dont want to be tempted while I am out.

Take care and keep up the good work...we deserve to be HAPPY, SLIM AND ENERGIZED!!!

• Hello Alta!
    Well you are on the right track, keep yourself active and the program does work very good. I have tried everything out there from Adkins, Weight Watchers and even Michael Thurman Body make over wich it sucks!!!
    And the only program that I have found extrimely easy to follow and good is JC. I am in my 6th week and I feel that the time is just flying. I have lost 13 pounds and I feel very good.
    I will say it will be getting less expensive once you start getting the trick on how to substitute their foods with the "meal on my own". They tell you to get 7 breakfast, 7 lunch, 7 dinners etc... you can tell them you would like to have any of those on your own and you don't have to buy all 7.
    I get like 5 dinners and then eat something at home like a salad one of the nights and that seems to help bring the cost of food down. But I didn't started to do that until I was sure how work with the "plan on my own" thing.

Hope this work for you and keep up the good work!!!
  • Thanks Beberooo

Today is my 6th day and according to my own scale only 1 or 2 lbs down. I used to be able to lose 5 lbs the first week on any program. I am following this program to the letter. 13 lbs its great!! It sounds good once you have lost it..but so hard to imagine them off when they are still on your body and you are working so so hard to get them off.

I want to start substituting..but I'll wait until I get some weight off. I would like to substitute dinner as I like to go out to dinner or make my own fresh food at home. I am afraid of all that sodium on frozen food and also the preservatives.

Thanks for the support. Lets see how much we loose together by the 29th of May which is my birthday. I want to go on vacation in July and want to be able to wear shorts and a bathing suit.

Take care and have a good week..Please keep writing and let me know your struggles.
  • Hello ladies,

I weighed-in this morning and am down 1 lb. I'm pretty happy with that since I've struggled this week. I've tried to incorporate some weight training into my workout, which seemed to be causing some pretty bad headaches. Turns out I was having some muscle spasms in my neck that the doctor says ways pulling on my skull and causing the headaches. So now I'm on muscle relaxers. I'm a little loopy, but at least no horrible headaches. I guess this means no strength training, at least for a little while. Oh, well.

Alta, please don't be too disappointed. I think I only lost about 3 lbs on my first week and I don't think I've ever lost that much in any given week. We all want it to fall off right away, but unfortunately it doesn't really work that way - at least not for me. I was looking at my weight loss history lately and it seems that I've lost 10 lbs. in 3 months. That isn't very much, but I know that if I stray I can easily gain the 10 lbs. in a very short amount of time. I was hoping to be at my goal weight by now, but I'm still 19 lbs. away. At this rate it is going to take me another 6 months. That is a long time! So it isn't everything what I'd hope, but i know that I can do this and am determined to go all the way, no matter how long it takes.

As for substituting, I'd start off in small increments. Use your own dressings and syrups. Eat yogurt instead of the Anytime bars. These little things help bring down the weekly charges without really changing the diet. I try not to do too much on my own. Doing it my way has made me fat in the past.

I hope you all have skinnier weeks!
  • Hi Alta. I've been on JC for one year now and have lost around 60lbs. It's been wobbly since the holiday season, but I'm back on track now. I sometimes use lean cuisine as substitutions just make sure you read the labels to get around the same calories/fat as JC foods. Once you're familiar with the program it's easy to make your own substitutions.
  • Thanks for your support. Today I weighed and I am down to 190.5...The goal for next week is to get to 187. If I can consistently lose 3 lbs per week..I'll be happy. That means 12 lbs in a month and by May 29th, I'll be 178 which is the weight I have been for many years and struggled to go up and down 10 lbs within that number..but never have I been over 180 until now.

Yesterday I was so proud of myself. I went on a date for lunch and managed to have diet coke and a salad with balsamic dressing. Didnt tell my date that I am on a diet and I am not going to tell him. After lunch we went to have ice cream and I had a non fat/low carb ice cream which was very good.

This week I am going to work out today Monday doing spinning and weights for a few minutes..tomorrow I'll be walking for one hour and then back to the gym on Tuesday and same routine the following days. I just need to speed my metabolism since it has slowed down quite a bit. I used to be able to lose about 5-7 lbs. the first week on a diet.

Ok..take care and be good this week. Lets all work on losing 3 lbs this week and journal our feelings about our diet and what we are doing to accomplish our goal.

Have a good day!!!!
  • Yah Alta!! Three pounds the first week is great!

I too usually lose 5 -7 the first week but....I know my metabolism will probably not give me that much anymore. I am basically starting over this week. I went to the center and got more food but didn't even weigh in. The beginning of last week went awesome but then I got so busy last Thurs, Fri, Sat and I made very BAD choices!

I had a great start to my restart so far today. Eating on plan, went to the gym and got in 2 miles on the treadmill as well as a full circiut of weight training.

Hope everyone has a great week.
  • Info Please on JC
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] Hi everyone: It was amazing to see how many of you fell into my category.......was a WW member in 10/05 @144lbs, lost all my weight plus 2 and landed at 126lbs in 4/06 and then quit smoking in 9/06 OH MY GOD I gained back the 18 lbs I lost and added 4 more I am starting JC on 5/20 right after a trip to Daytona Beach. In the meantime, I am on a 1200 calorie a day menu and exercise 4-5days a week, burn about 1,000 calories a day. Started with all the tools I had from WW and already lost 3lbs in week 1..............Long way back but hopefully will get there. Please give me info on JC. Do you cheat on weekends or not at all. ...is food good? I am very Italian and cook all meals light but they taste great still. I had a consultation and the person there made me feel a little strange. She kept pushing a certain plan level and then talked about buying a pedometer for $20. It felt a little gimmicky but I like the idea of convenience. What does your weekly food bill total(estimates). Thanks for any help and advice...........Good luck to all of you with weight and non-smoking. Many times out of depression I was ready to smoke again but I have not cheated even once. Hope it stays that way less the weight.
  • Congratulations on quitting smoking. I dont personally cheat at all on JC..I pay too much money to waste it all in a moment of weakness. The only thing I do once in awhile is eat low fat organic popcorn when I am watching a movie. JC has been really easy to follow as I dont have to plan or prepare any meals. Its all laid out for me.

As far as the consultant..you got a strange one there..I've never had to deal with a "saleswoman" as a consultant. I just go in, weigh myselt, talk to the consultant about my struggles for the week and then I pick out my food..Never any sales pitch.

Today I kept to the plan...probably didnt eat much as I was busy and not focusing on food. One thing I've tried is making a big pot of decaff tea (the dieter's tea is great) and just drinking that all day long at work.

Take care and have a good week.
  • What a quiet day, where is everyone? Hope everyone is having a good day on plan.

I took DD for a walk around the "block" today ~ 3+ miles (we live in the country). It was a good walk, I wasn't even chased by any dogs or bit today. That is part of what has gotten me to where I am weight wise today. I never noticed how many dogs live in my neighborhood until I started walking the block. I actually like dogs and wasn't real bothered by them until I had two run out to the road circling me and one bit my pants. Lucky for me the owners were in the yard and were eventually able to get the dogs under control, my DD was with me that day too. That was 1 1/2 yrs ago and I just recently became brave enough to walk it again. They have since got rid of the dog that bit at me and were ordered by the county to have the other one tied up while outside due to another neighbors complaints.

I had cookies and cream cheescake for dessert today.

What are some of your favorites?
  • So, I walked it again today. Today however, I think I had my first ever panic attack. I was listening to my IPod and suddenly there was this huge dog (looked like a husky and maybe st. bernard mix) right up on me. Realizing no matter which way I went the dog was following me and I was in an area where nobody could come save me, I started to panic. I was hyperventilating (sp??), it was close to the same spot I got bit by in the pants leg by another dog a year ago last fall. I need to start carrying pepper spray. The game warden told me that is really effective on dogs and gives you time to get away.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Worked out last night...about 20 minutes of spinning and another 15 of weights. Really hate doing weights..but I figure its the only way not to get flabby once I lose the 40 lbs. I am getting rid of. This morning I went for my walk with the dog and did about 35 minutes.

Last night I had an extra snack...After the cheesecake I had the trail mix..couldnt help it and in the afternoon had an extra JC anytime bar..Just hungry for more sweets and not of the JELLO type. This morning I think I am down to 189 lbs. so I dont think I did that bad yesterday.

Today I will concentrated on salads and vegetables. Really want to be 187 by next weigh in.

Take care and have a good day.
  • The scale showed a big change in my weight. Finally into the 180's. Weight in at 188.5. I cant wait to see next Tuesday how much more I did. Last night went to the movies and just managed to eat a little bit of popcorn and then went to the coffee shop and just drank tea. It felt very empowering..very much in control and I didnt miss the snacks. When I got home I got to eat my desert, JC chocolate cake and milk.

This is a great diet to follow..very very easy to follow.

• So this week I worked out at the gym Monday for about 45 min., walked tuesday for another 45 min, Wed. I went to the gym and did 45 min. and Thurs I walked for about 50 min. skipped Friday and did 1 hour of walking today. I am following the JC program I am on my way down to 150 in no time..but my mini goal is to get down to 180 by end of May for my birthday. Cant believe I am actually happy to be at 180...never was that much before and that is still heavy for me.

Anyway, just wanted to write down how much exercise I did for the week.

Take care and have a great weekend.
  • Today was weigh-in and I'm down another pound. I reached the 40 lb. loss mark!

Alta, you are working hard at this, aren't you! I walked everyday this week and did 45 mins. of cardio at the gym 3 times a week. I tried to do weights, I really do need to tone my arms, but I ended up having muscle spasms in my back and neck. I'm due to have surgery in a few weeks, so I won't be able to do any weights for quite some time, so I''m just going to have to concentrate on cardio.

Lori, I'm sorry you are encountering the obstacles to walking. I do a 7 mile walk on Saturdays which I really enjoy. I seem to be indoors quite a bit, so the walks help to get me out. Is there a mall near you? Maybe you can take your walks indoors? I've gone to a local mall a few times when the weather wasn't cooperating.

Have you tried the Triple Chocolate Cheescake yet? My sister says her center is already out and since it is only a temporary item, they won't be getting anymore. You might need to stock up, if you can.

Have a great week!