Jenny Craig Members

You're on Page 4 of 32
Go to
  • How much money is Jenny Direct every month?
  • I had a weigh in today, and i lost a little over two pounds this week, so my grand total is now three! yay! finally i see some results. My center also just got the triple choclate cheescakes, and I tried one tonight and it is amazing! anyone else tried them yet?
  • Hello All - today is my first day on JC, and I am looking forward to good results. I primarily chose this because I was already overweight when my mom died a little over a year ago (I took care of her in my home) and I have gained 40 pounds since then. I was not cooking - just eating drive thru & peanut butter sandwiches because it's such a pain to cook for one person. I'm almost 62 and this is the first time in my life I've ever lived alone-another big adjustment. I think living alone will be an advantage here, because I do not need to have any other stuff in my house except what I am allowed to eat. I have a friend who has lost 60-something pounds in the last year with JC and she was my inspiration. Looking forward to getting to know you and celebrate our successes.

JB
  • Hello Everyone-I am new to JC also. Just started on 4/15. Just turned the big 4 0 so I need to kick this yo-yo dieting. I am trying to lose 35-40 lbs. I have my first weight in tomorrow. Wish me luck !!!
  • Hi all! I am on day 2 of JC. This is not my first time on, in the past I used JC to lose my college weight before my wedding. Anyway, 3 children later here I am again. Only this time I have about 45# to lose.

I decided to go back to JC because after three weeks of well intentioned eating healthy on my own, I managed to gain 4-5#. So, portion control is definetly going to be a key to my weightloss.

Yesterday I got 40 min in on the treadmill, that is a great sense of accomplishment to already have one great workout under my belt for the week.

Hope everyone had success at their last weigh in! I know I can't wait to see the scale move in the right direction again!
  • I've started Jenny Craig today at 193.00 lbs and I am 5'7. This is the most I have ever weighed in my life. Just gained the last 20 lbs within the last 4 months and I am hoping to lose quit a bit this month on Jenny Craig for my birthday on May 29th.

I need your support if you have done Jenny Craig... Really need to stick to this plan because I seem to never be able to complete a program..I get discouraged and then I give up..but now I am very close to 200 lbs and Diabetes runs in my family. Because of the extra weight, I am having knee problems and not feeling very good about myself. My clothes dont fit and I dont feel attractive body wise, although I have a pretty face.
  • Alta, our starting point is so similar! Getting through the first 3 weeks is what is going to be a challenge for me. I tend to loose focus at the beginning, and I have to continue to remind myself not to eat on impulse. The JC program is so easy, all you have to do is follow it and you will be successful. I hope my results are good for week 1, that is always motivating!

Hopefully we can keep this thread a little more active. This helps me stay focused.
  • question about jenny
    Hello all...I have just a quick question....JC is advertising 20 pounds for 20.00 plus the cost of food....about what does the cost of food cost? Is it you go and purchase food for a week at a time? I tried the Nutrisystem..and yuck...that was gross....how does the food taste? Any info would be fabulous....Thanks....
  • Hi tonyaclark31! To answer your question about the food, I think there is no comparison. JC is SOOOO much better tasting than Nutrisystem. I tried Nutrisystem a year ago and ended up selling it on ebay. As far as price, I purchased their savers program and got 10% off so I think it was about $100/wk. It does depend on what you purchase, some of the frozens for example may be more that the nonfrozen travel friendly foods. Their food is really very good, also so much better than the frozen dinners at the grocery store!
  • Hi Back on Track,

Glad I have someone who is supportive and we have in common. I've been following the plan to the letter. Think I saw a couple of lbs less this morning. Working out every day this week. Last night went to the gym and did the bike for 15 minutes and the weights another 15 min. Not too much, but I hate machines and I have to work myself up to them. Eventually doing 1 hour. This morning I walked up and downhill for 1.5 hr.

I need to get rid of the extra 20 lbs I've gained the last few months before they get too comfortable in my body. Also, I am having knee pains and not feeling too good with this extra weight.

Take care and have a good day.
  • Hi everyone! I joined JC on 3/31 and started on 4/1. Had a slow start... lost 0.6 lbs. the first week and 0.4 the second week, then 4 lbs the 3rd week. I was getting a bit discouraged at the end of that second week, I must admit! I am enjoying most of the JC foods I've tried, but I will soon need to start making substitutions here and there to get the cost down a bit.
  • As to the question of the cost, I did one of those "trial" periods, and now have joined for 6 months for just under $200. I wanted to be sure that it was for me before I did anything longer than a few weeks. I order the preplanned menu which includes a lot of frozen foods. It is expensive to ship, so I pay for a month at a time and get a discount on the shipping. My total bill per month is $548. I can't tell you how much I love it. I have not been able to lose in such a long time. I even joined a gym a year ago, and have gone faithfully 5xs a week for a year, aerobics and lifting class. And what happened? I gained 10 lbs!! Now, some of it was muscle, but not all of it. So I knew to get the weight loss I need, I would have to re-learn portion control now that my metabolism has obviously slowed down. I am in my early 40s.

But my real inspiration on getting fit is my husband's aunt. She ownes the gym and she is 51. She was once 200 pounds. Once she bought the gym, she signed it up for Les Mills (they have an internet site). This is a program that comes out of Canada or somewhere that gyms can pay in order to utilize. The music/routine changes every 3 months. It is really GREAT! We lift weights as a class 2xs and do step 3xs a week. Anyway, she is 51, and she definitely has the body of a teenager!!!!!!!!! It is really unbelievable. She went in for a mammogram last week and the tech ran out yelling that she had the wrong file. She just could not believe that she had such a firm chest at 51!!! Honest. Any commercial or anything else you have seen on TV where they are showing you a "mature" person who looks fantastic, or ANY age for that matter, she looks a million times better. I think I will have to get a photo of her so I can share it. She is truly a testament to what weight training can do for a woman! If she can do it, so can every one of US!!!!!!! I know that when I finally lose the extra weight I am carrying, I will not be flabby, thanks to the weight lifting.
  • I know that I talk too much, what can I say? I am alone in an office all day without adult company. hahahaha

I just had to add a note about getting discouraged about plateaus. Last week, I actually had to report that I had gained a pound. But my counselor encouraged me to not let it bother me and to keep on with my program. Which is what I did. So when I report back to her tomorrow, I will have at least lost the extra pound plus another. For awhile, I thought I had stalled out for good. But I just did not give up. So DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!! As long as you are doing what you are supposed to, you WILL lose weight. Sometimes it just takes longer than you want it to. But heck, no one ever said that it was going to be easy. I mean to do it and there is no turning back!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it takes me to the end of the year to make my goal, that is nothing compared to suffering year after year not being a truly content person because of my weight gain.

We can do this together and it all starts with a little determination!!!!!!!!!
  • Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to see that there are so many new contributors to this message board!

I started doing JC again in August of last year and so far have lost 38lbs. I never lost a lot, but always lost consistently. I made it through the holidays pretty well, but after the first of the year everything has slowed tremendously. I have continued to lose, just not at the pace I'd like. I've been away from the boards for the last few weeks and have not been on track 100%. I was able to make it through the last few weeks of vacation, birthday celebrations (mine) and work-related meals with only a 0.8 lb gain which I have was able to take off again.

Anyway, I need to make the big push to the finish (20 lbs.) and I'll need all your help. This board has helped keep me motivated and focused before and with so many new people, I know we can get through this!

Hope to be chatting more . . .

Christina
  • The first week was the hardest for me, but after that it was easy...especially because you get to choose from such yummy foods and you can even have dessert every day if you want! Best of Luck to you : )