3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Jenny Craig Members

Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #466
Goddess

I just don't seem to make it back here as often as I should.

I ordered a bunch of the chicken salad kits to have on hand, as it seems like I'm always away from home (usually fishing) at mealtime.

Friday is my weigh-in day. As of last Friday I'd lost 27 lbs in 10 weeks. I was a little worried about my weigh-in, as I'd had a salt orgy earlier in the week! If I eat too much salt, I can weigh 2 lbs more the next day.
Bannod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #467

S/C/G: 271.8/257/160

Bannod - congratulations on your loss. I think 27 pounds in 10 weeks is wonderful.

streudel423 - you are doing great.

BethieJC & Paradox - welcome

MetroChick - Did you decide to join? I have been on JC for a while now and although the weight loss is slower than I would like I am sticking with it which is more than I can say for diets I have tried in the past. I find that if I have a few things I shouldn't, it is easy to get back on track w/ JC.

I weighed in today and after a couple of weeks of yo yo ing was happy with a 1.8 loss.
luvtotravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #468

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5'5"

Default My First Weigh In

9 lbs gone forever WHOOOHOOO
BethieJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #469

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

Thumbs up my 1st weigh-in

I lost 4.4lb. I am beyond excited!

I did Jenny Craig before, but never made it to maintenance (not wise at all).

But now I remember how easy it is. I love it!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #470

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello All,
I'm new to 3FC, heard about it on the Jenny Craig boards.
I'm involved in a research study and have been placed on Jenny Direct. So far (5 mos) I have lost 25.4 pounds. I'm quite pleased
I haven't had too many problems following the menu, but have been sporadic about exercise.
I have the sculpting bar and use that for toning--it's working well, but I'm really lacking cardio. I'm participating in the c25k challenge here on 3FC, though, so hopefully I'll make myself be more active!
Looking forward to "meeting" you all!
Misty
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #471

S/C/G: 233/213/170

Height: 5'9"

Default New here and on JC

Hi everyone, I'm new here and doing well on JC. I am so happy to have other people to do it with now!
DandBMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #472

S/C/G: 200/196/135

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Default New to JC

Hi all. I just joined JC last night and I'm very excited about getting the weight off! I had the french toast this morning and it was pretty good with the JC syrup. It's very inspirational to read all of your progress and success stories!

Last edited by LexintheCity : 01-23-2009 at 12:04 PM.
LexintheCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:37 PM   #473
Jen <3

S/C/G: 170.5 / 170.5 / 125

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone, I'm on my second week of Jenny Craig. I had originally planned on joining Nutrisystem, but my mother told me the food was awesome on Jenny, which I have so far found to be true. I'm 23 and had an extra 50 pounds that won't leave and if this doesn't work, I fear that I might give up completely on trying to loose the weight to get myself healthier.

I didn't lose weight my first week, the JC lady told me that since it was the week before my cycle that it wasn't unusual to not see a change or even a gain. She said I also might not see any change next week either once I get my cycle. I'm devastated, because I really feel like this could be the answer, and getting no reward for working hard to stay on program is making me so sad.

I just wanted to come talk to some people who have been on it for awhile, and can tell me if Jenny will work eventually.. because right now I just want to cry again and give up. I accidentally had the wrong kind of cream in my coffee twice this week at work, would this be enough to derail my efforts?

I'm in college, have an internship, a part time job, church volunteer and some vague semblence of a social life. I really want Jenny to work... or am I destined to fail?

Sorry for griping.. I just need advice from people who have been where I am...

thanks,
Jen
LoisLane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #474
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Lex and Lois! I normally hang out on the WW Core board. It's what I did before trying Jenny Craig. I'm just in my third week.

Lex, good luck. I hope you're still excited and on program.

Lois, I specifically wanted to address your email. I hope you haven't given up. Although I'm 52 and have 160 pounds to lose, I feel exactly as you do and I understand completely how you are feeling. I've struggled with my weight all of my life. Don't give up. If you do, I guarantee that your weight will haunt you all of your life. Even if you lose VERY slowly, at least you won't be gaining. I have this insidious pattern of slowly gaining back all the weight I lose. Not this time and not with Jenny. For the first time in my life I am learning portion control.

I did a week on Nutrisystem and HATED the food and knew that I couldn't stick to the program. I lost 5.2 the first week (Nutrisystem for 5 days and 2 days of being good on my own). Then I joined JC. The first week, I lost 1 pound and the second week I lost .4. I was REALLY discouraged too, but I know that if I keep at it my body will eventually burn the fat. So see...I really do understand.

Keep at it. Are you following the program religiously? You are so busy, I don't know how you could do it. It would be so hard for me if I wasn't retired. I feel like I'm cooking, shopping, or eating all the time. You have to eat all your food or you won't lose. AND.....water is critical as is a bit of exercise. If you don't drink enough water, you won't be able to flush the toxins and fat from your body. Water is your friend. The coffee cream shouldn't have hurt your weight loss. I just think it's your body being stubborn.

I hope you're still around to see this response. I'm sorry that I didn't see your message sooner. I stopped checking here because it seemed that JC members don't hang out here.

I'll be hoping for the best for both of you.

Last edited by Vickie : 02-04-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.