Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 271.8/257/160

Christina -- sorry to hear about your gain this game of weight loss can be so frustrating. I'm sure this week will be better for you. Let me know if doing the pre-planned menu helped.

I had a wonderful time in VA but the scale didn't like it. I was up 4 1/2 which did not make me happy. It's unbelievable to me how fast I gain weight. Well this week I was back on track and I hope tomorrow to be down a couple of pounds. My problem is I'm going out to dinner tonight so I'm hoping that doesn't mess up my weigh in for tomorrow. I will be at a seafood restaurant and I plan to eat well but it's still not the same as having a Jenny meal. Hopefully it doesn't hurt me to much.

Where is everyone else. Come on back.
luvtotravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #437  

Happy to report I'm down 1.6 -- yeah.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi luvtotravel! Glad to hear the lbs. are coming back off for you. You are so right. Why is it so easy to gain, but so hard to take it off? Oh, well life happens. We need to enjoy it and then work hard afterwards.

I was down 1.8 lbs. today, so I took off most of what I gained last week. The preplanned menu was o.k., but I decided to try it for another week, because for me the real test will be if I lose two weeks in a row. It's no suprise to be down this week since it seems my "normal" pattern has been up one week, down the next.

Last edited by chrstna446; 05-04-2008 at 05:23 PM.
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #439  

Christina -- good for you for taking off the weight you had gained. I hope the 2nd week on the pre-planned works for you. I am weighing in tonight and next week I'm going to be going away for a few days which I am going to really try to watch what I'm eating carefully but I know that will be hard. When I get back I might try the pre-planned menu to get myself back on track if needed.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #440  

I was down 3 lbs this week -- very happy.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

Hey everyone... I hope yall are doing great... I havn't gotten a chance to catch up on the boards so you'll have to give me a condensed version Anyways... my life has been hectic lately... In the past two weeks I've moved out of my mommy's house (yes she misses me of course), switched completely different jobs, and just started school today! yay! Anyways because of the freedom (not because I started school) Ive been partying like no other... gain three lbs here lose it then gain it then lose then gain... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Anyways this past week I had only two drinking nights... one of which included a wedding. and next week I plan to have only one... trying to cut back a lot because im at 137 .... AHH!!! its SO easy to put on weight but it STOPS there! I will take control and I hope you ladies will help and encourage me like you always have!
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #442  

Height: 5'4"

Howdy! Sorry it took me a bit to get back here. I've been busy busy busy.

Disneyland trip didn't go that great (diet wise) but I had a wonderful time with my other Disney obsessed friends!

Actually, I don't think I did too horribly. The scale was up 12 lbs the morning after I got home (midnight arrival - so only about 8 hours later). I tried to not freak out about it because I knew my TOM was supposed to start the next day and flying always makes people retain water as well.
I DID go to my JC appointment on Tuesday but asked if I could skip the official weigh in. (she was cool with that)

Back on plan for 1 week (ate out for Mother's Day at a Moroccan place) and ended up being a pound lower than before I left for my trip (and my scale agreed with the JC scale). SO, I lost 13 lbs in 1 week. That tells me it was pretty much all water retention between flying and TOM.

I don't remember the person's name who asked on the last page but...
RE: THE FOOD ON JC --- If you like frozen meals you should be fine! I can handle the frozen dinners etc, but the shelf stable ones are pretty iffy for me. A FEW of those have been OK, but for the most part, I avoid them. Especially the shelf stable beef ones. GROSS (to me)
Both hubby and I like the plan because it gives a good variety of foods. We don't feel like we're denied anything (other than a nice rib eye steak....... oh, missing steak... And I didn't even order one on the trip when I was cheating - how dumb was that?! LOL) Hubby did just say yesterday that he was wishing for some ice cream, but I think I've read that there are some that we can trade for a snack once in a while. (weight watchers maybe?)
TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #443  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Default Maybe this will work

Ok I've been on this board a while. I've gained weight. My insurance offers discounts on Jenny Craig. So I'm going to try it. I'm hoping its very structured. I seem to do well in a structured environment. I will post and let you guys know.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #444  

I am a lil scared. I don't want to fail at yet another diet plan. I also worry about how well Jenny will fit into my life. Anyone care to discuss their experience on Jenny Craig so far?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #445  

Welcome jusalilbabefat -- I have been on Jenny for a few months and it suits me quite well. That is not to say I haven't had my ups and downs because I have but for me that has been with many diets. The thing I like about Jenny is that when I do have a few bad meals or days it is easier to get back on track then other diets because the food is right there for you so there is no excuse. At least that is my opinion. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

I have had a couple of up and down weeks lately but I am happy to say I am down 2.6 today. Last week I joined a gym and I am hoping that is going to help me with the weight loss and with the motivation to stick to it.

It's been awhile since we've heard some from of the regulars on this board. If you are out there, I hope you are all doing well.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

Just wanted to introduce myself. I will be receiving my food on Tuesday and getting started on the program Wed. I signed up for 6 weeks and depending on how those weeks go, I'll either continue or not. I have about 90 pounds to lose. I hope to gain some good advice here regarding JC. Nice to meet everyone!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #447  

Approximately did the 6 week program cost (the plan and food)? I didn't know they had a 6 week program!
sjdphc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #448  

Well.......I joined for 36 dollars (plus the cost of food) for 6 weeks and depending on how well I do/like it, I will continue although it is super pricey afterwards. I'm not sure if it's allowed for me to quote how much I paid so if you would like to pm me I'll be glad to fill you in.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:44 AM   #449  

Default I called Jenny

I'm starting my program right now as I type. I like that I will have these weekly consults. I came in at 232.8lbs last night at the free consult. What a bummer, but, next week that number is coming down.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #450  

Yes, you will be down jusalilbabefat.......best of luck to you on your first week! I'm doing the at home program and waiting for the Fed Ex man to bring my food. I feel like a little girl waiting on Santa Clause.