Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193.2/193.2/160

Question eDiets Express

Hi,
Was wondering if anyone tried eDiets Express. I would love to hear your positive and/or negative feedback. TIA.

Doreen
Mason'sMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #2  

Default Update

Hi All,
Well, no one replied to my post and I took the plunge anyway and joined eDiets Express. Just want to let everyone know that the food is absolutely awesome. I have tried another food delivery service in the past and there is absolutely no comparison. Saturday January 13th will be my first weigh-in and I'll keep you posted.

Doreen
Old 01-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10"

How much is this program for a month?
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #4  

Hi Fitwayoflife,
I am on the Preferred Program which is 139.65 per week, plus 29.95 for shipping. The meals come out to 19.95 per day without shipping. So with shipping and food is about 700.00 a month. I know, a bit pricey, but worth every penny if it gets me to where I need to be. I did try another food delivery service in the past and there is absolutely no comparison between the two. If you have any more questions, just let me know, I'll be happy to answer them.

Doreen
Old 01-12-2007, 02:14 AM   #5  

Thank you. I'll check back to see how much weight you lost. I am going to save up for it and treat myself to it for a month.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

I'm currently doing Nutrisystem and am pretty happy with it, but because of all the rave reviews about ediets I thought I would atleast try it to see the difference. I just submitted my order and my food will be delivered 1/20. In the meantime I will still be doing NS and if I like ediets more I might switch on and off till I use up my NS food.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #7  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

hi all - anyone start a forum for this - I am on my first official day (got my delivery yest) though I didnt' like the tuna sandwich that much - i liked what i had for dinner the night before (I started a bit earlier because I know I won't be able to eat that dinner the week later)
B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #8  

Flxthc107 - I have tried Nutrisystem in the past and TO ME there is absolutely no comparison. eDiets Express is absolutely awesome. Tomorrow will be my first weigh-in. I can say that in seven days of being on program I did not like 3 things, and that's because I don't like stuffed peppers (the peppers themselves) and tuna, but the tuna sandwich I thought was good. Didn't care for the tuna casserole. Everything else was wonderful. Got my second shipment today and I'm ready to start week 2 tomorrow. I'll post my weigh-in tomorrow morning. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Bida - I would love to have a buddy if you're doing eDiets Express. Nice to have someone to compare notes with

Doreen
Old 01-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #9  
it's always something

I'd love to hear more about ediets express! I started to order it, but they didn't have a vegetarian option and you aren't allowed to choose your own foods for the first shipment. Are there many meatless meals to choose from once you get started?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:05 PM   #10  

Hi Suzanne,
There are lots of meals to choose from within your specific plan, but you can also choose from the other plan, but that does cost for that because you are not choosing from your original plan, but the option is there.
That was a drawback during the first week that you couldn't choose your own food, but as you read up above, this past week I really only didn't like 3 things.
I really don't think there are many meatless meals, except for breakfast of course (cereal, bagels, vanilla yogurt, grapes, Nutrigrain bar, etc.) but don't quote me on that because I'm not 100 percent sure of everything they offer. If you have any more questions just let me know. I'd be happy to answer them. Good luck to you with whatever plan you choose.

Doreen
Old 01-13-2007, 12:24 AM   #11  

Let us know how your weigh in goes tomorrow. Good Luck!!

How long do the foods stay fresh in the fridge? Just curious in case you go out to eat, etc.

I'm looking forward to trying it. The good thing with NS is that the food won't go bad for another year or 2. LOL. If I really like ediets express I can always save the food to use when I start going back on my own after I reach goal.

Let's keep this thread going.

Katrina
Old 01-13-2007, 08:33 AM   #12  

Default First Weigh-in:)

Hi All,
I had my first weigh-in this morning and I am happy to say that I am down 6.8 pounds. This week I am going to incorporate walking into the plan and we'll see what next Saturday brings.

Hi Katrina - the foods lasted all week. I had no problem with anything going bad, that includes the milk. I checked this morning and there is no expiration date on the food, so you really can't go by that. EDiets tells you that you can replace a meal if you're going out to eat, so I'm sure they know that people don't eat everything within that week. I just stuck with their meal plan so I didn't have anything left over. I would love to keep this thread going. It's always great to have buddies.

Doreen
Old 01-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #13  

Wow, 6.8 pounds in only a week? I was thinking this was after a month. Congratulations. I'm definitely going to save my pennies for this. I can only afford it for a month but it seems worth it.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:28 PM   #14  

Wow Doreen, that is awesome!!! Keep up the great work. I'm even more excited to try it now.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #15  

fitwayoflife and Katrina - Thanks for your kind words. I'll keep you posted, and let me know if you have any more questions.

Doreen

Last edited by Mason'sMommie; 01-14-2007 at 01:07 PM.