Old 08-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #1  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Default Today was a bad day

This morning for breakfast, I ate 3 eggs and 1/4lb 7% fat hamburger.

Then around 4pm, I grabbed my candy, and just pigged out.

I need help! Can anyone give advice when these cravings come?

I'm doing the 21-day challeng, and I'm doing "No Bingeing"
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

In my experience, this is not mysterious at all. You had a decent breakfast (a little protein-centric for me, maybe wrap that stuff up in a whole grain tortilla with some veggies?) and then you did not eat for what...7-8 hours? No lunch, no snacks (that you mentioned). Why are you surprised you got so famished you ate what you didn't want to?

Quit imagining yourself as a modern woman with a full frig and a big grocery store. Imagine yourself as a prehistoric woman, looking for a few roots and berries all day. What would a prehistoric woman do if the men brought home a mammoth? Would she say "no thanks, I'll just gnaw this root?" Heck no, she'd feast on mammoth.

Because that's the way we are BUILT. To eat when there's plenty and store excess for when times are lean.

I was ultimately successful when I started working WITH my body, feeding it lots of healthy foods (including whole grains!!). I stopped being surprised when my body acted like it was starving when I STARVED it. Why get upset with my body for doing what I would WANT it to do if I were truly in danger of starving to death - I'd want it to cannabalize muscle, slow my metabolism and hold onto every last ounce of fat stores to keep me alive. The body is an amazing thing and I respect it and what it will do to keep me going.

When I started EATING, I stopped BINGING. It was a miracle to me.

My suggestions:

Eat balanced, healthy meals and snacks
Don't have any candy around
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #3  
Opulent

Glory87, sage advice indeed!

If we starve ourselves, bad thing happen!

Eating regularly helps keep blood sugar level and staves off cravings.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote