Old 04-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Ever feel like you just can't get all the parts of your life working at the same time

I've been focused, working the steps, seeking God's will for food addiction, and I'm so thankful for the success. However, it seems that I can't keep all the parts of my life working at the same time. It's like, if I've got the food under control, something else has to be out of control.
This week I have not been able to get my butt out of bed and get my kid off to preschool. Each day I looked at the clock after breakfast, and realized that by the time I got her there it would be 10:30, or later. And it gets out at 12:30...so what's the point. Including the 20 minute drive each way, it just didn't seem worth it.
I think part of it is that I'm lacking part of my support system this week. Wednesday my husband accidently took my keys, so I missed yoga and church that day. Today I'm sitting here in my pajamas typing this, so I'm not on my way to preschool and yoga again. When I don't do the things that help me, I lessen my abilility to help myself.
It feels great to just write all this down. It seems clearer now. I need to keep all of my support in the forefront, and top priority.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote