Hello to OAers

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hang in there Lois!

Congratulations on your physical recovery!

I understand working in a stressful job. I have one of those too. I am finding that it's as stressful as I allow it to be. I had to make 3 OA calls from work today to get through. I'm glad I used the telephone because I was able to get through my work day without compulsively overeating, getting a headache or crying!!!

Overeaters Anonymous is an amazing program if we work it and allow it to work us.

Hugs!!

Susie T.
  • Thankyou Suzisunshine!!
    I'm working very hard at leaning on God and not expecting Lois to do it!!
    Lois
  • Please answer my questions....
    Hi, I have read that many people have been attending over eaters anonymous meetings. Are these through this site or in their hometown? If they are in their hometown, how did you hear about them? Do you have to be a certain size to attend? I am not excessively overweight ( I dont eat anything all day and then eat all night, which is so unhealthy) could you please give me some info on these meetings if they can be done in person? I would really appreciate it. Thanx, Appalasia
  • Appalasia:
    Hi!!
    I belong to Overeaters Anonymous. there is no expectation that you attend every week, which is impossible for me to do. There is no charge although, they pass around a bag and most people put a loonie into it. I hardly ever see all the same people there. I found my location by going to the search engine and typing in Overeaters anonymous! Lots of info from there.
    Some people never talk, just sit there and take it all in. Others do confide. Many are intent on helping others and certainly , everyone I have encountered is supportive and motivational. They follow a format that is not stressful to me and I actually quite enjoy my eves there. It has been good for me to look at my habits and admit that I have a problem and that this set of tires (of skin) that surounds me did not land there by accident. I have had to go home eaach time and reflect on my own life and what I can do to handle this problem eating and I am slowly seeing things differently.
    Anyway, investigate. You may be quite delighted with it...give it two or three meetings, before you feel totally comfortable with it.
    Lois
  • Thankyou so much for the info. on the meetings. I will definatly check them out!

Appalasia