3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control > Overeaters Anonymous

20s and 30s in OA with 100lbs to lose

Old 12-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #16

S/C/G: 200/197/115 (as of 04/30/2014)

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I'm 32 years old, and I currently weigh 198 lbs. I'd like to get down to 110 or 115 lbs. I don't have 100 lbs to lose, but I hope I'm still welcome here.

In the past year, my weight has really started to affect my health. I have high blood pressure, and I'm having a lot of joint pain in my knees. A few months ago, I was diagnosed with asthma. I can't walk up a flight of stairs without having an asthma attack. I feel hopeless, alone, and most of all, old. People who are twice my age can walk circles around me.

In the past few months, I've become really depressed. I've lost hope that I can lose this weight. At the same time, the thought of living the rest of my life like this is unbearable. I'm hoping to find people who understand that losing weight is not easy!

I have started attending online OA meetings, and I subscribed to several OA email lists. I want to go to a physical meeting, but the times conflict with my work schedule.

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it!

Last edited by Sasha29 : 12-25-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #17
Voluptuous Vixen

S/C/G: 247/239.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Me too!

I'm a 34 year old mom of one with 100lbs to lose. Email me at my user name @ gmail.com if you want an email buddy!
saltyphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:33 AM   #18

I am 30 and almost at my heaviest of 300 pounds, hopeless and alone in my situation feeling like surgery is my only option left.
I would love to speak with people going through same thing on a regular basis, my email is greyroom1@hotmail.com if anyone would like to email me to chat, rant,cry, exchange meal plans and ideas,etc.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by davina View Post
I am 30 and almost at my heaviest of 300 pounds, hopeless and alone in my situation feeling like surgery is my only option left.
I would love to speak with people going through same thing on a regular basis, my email is greyroom1@hotmail.com if anyone would like to email me to chat, rant,cry, exchange meal plans and ideas,etc.
Hi davina. I've been there too. I can tell you that if compulsive eating is your problem, surgery is not going to help you. They can take out half of your stomach, but they can't remove your brain. You posted this message in the OA section, so I have to assume that you at least suspect that eating is a compulsion for you. That compulsion, I've found, is even more painful than carrying around all that weight.

If you want too explore the 12 step path to healing, I'd suggest two first steps. First, I'd suggest that you give up hope that any meal plan, diet, surgery, or pill is going to help you. Second, find a meeting so you don't have to be alone. I'm not in your head. I don't know if OA is right for you. But these two things worked for me as a first step to finding recovery, and getting my weight to a comfortable place, too.
blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.