Old 04-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Default Funny . . . and illuminating

Yesterday afternoon, I made a conscious decision to have a single serving of something that I usually don't eat as a snack. It was 25 calories and, although it had the potential to trigger a binge, I thought I could handle it. So far, no problem.

Instead of sitting down and eating it properly (something I still need to work on), I ate half of it while still in the kitchen. Then, I walked into another room, intending to watch some television. Much to my surprise, my wife was in that room. I quickly hid the food behind my back, retreated back to the kitchen, and threw the rest out.

After I thought about it for a few seconds, I realized that the snack was reasonable, but "sneaking" it was not. So, I took a half-serving of the item, went back into the room, sat down, and openly ate it with my wife watching.
I haven't told her this story, but I will. I can chuckle about it, but it reveals so much about the nature of my disorder.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for recognizing that! I have gone through phases where I was like that (before dieting - now I log everything, so no point in hiding it). Anyway, now you will be more aware and that's a good thing!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote