I admit it, I am an overeater

• I had the worst week of my life, which is funny I guess since it was the first week of me changing my life and starting to diet and exercise.

I started ok.

But then around the middle of the week I crashed and I binged for lunch and dinner. I just kept eating, non-stop. I chose to go to buffet places for lunch, I emptied my fridge for dinner. I ate almost 200$ worth of food in 3 days (and that did not involve going to very expansive restaurants)

Today I tried to make sure I logged everything I ate (got to about 1900 calories). I went out for dinner and now, at 9:15 pm, I am back home and all I want is to eat something. I am so hungry. It's so hard for me to resist. And that's why I'm here writing.. I hope that writing about it will help me not eat anything more for tonight.

I can't stop thinking about food... it's so hard......
  • Hey purplepumpkin, you can do it. I know what you mean though. I constantly think about food. But how can you not, when it's one of the requirements of life?

I think planning ahead and knowing what you are going to eat at each meal is important. Also, snacking is important too. That way you don't go overboard when meal time comes around. I try and have 2-3 snacks per day. It supposed to keep your metabolism up in between meals. It's the size of the snacking that's important. A serving size seems so small! But if you eat something, wait 20 minutes then see if your still hungry.

Best of luck, you are not alone.
  • Hi everyone, I am sitting here reading some of the posts and I'm also trying to keep my mind off of eating right now and all I can do is think of the crumb cake I just made...I almost finished 1/2 of it. I can't diet, I haven't started to exercise yet, I'm hoping to find some motivation to get on the treadmill. I'm hoping to find support and encouragement. It's very hard and depressing at times. I hope everyone reaches their goal weight and maybe we can help each other.

~Rose~