Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Food accountability thead....

Not sure if anyone else will join me here, but I NEED to put my meals out there so I can remain accountable.

I was going to do the Kay Sheppard food plan....but it's a bit too restrictive so I'm doing the Food Addicts Anonymous plan which is a bit more flexible.

Plan for Saturday May 22nd

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 cup oatmeal with 1 cup milk and 1 cup blueberries

Lunch: 4 oz tuna fish, 1 cup mixed salad, 1 cup vegetable juice, 1 tbsp ranch dressing

Dinner: 4 oz chicken breast, 1 cup cooked carrots, 1 cup mixed salad with 1 tbsp ranch dressing, 6 oz baked potato

Before bed: 1 cup plain yogurt with 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/160/130

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for posting this. I found the Sheppard diet too restricting as well. I usually don't commit to things bc I have a hard time following through, but I like the diet, the choices it provides and how easy it is to follow. But starting tomorrow, I will post here what my meal plan is for the day, and whether or not I followed through with it. Hopefully you can do the same and we can help keep each other on track. See you tomorrow,

Alexah
Alexah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I have been on Kay's plan for 80 days and have lost 30 lbs. I thought it was restrictive when I first read it, but once I made the decision to trust the process, it became so much easier. Now it is like breathing to me. And this is coming from a person that tried EVERYTHING!!!

What's more important is the following a 12 Step program. Without it, the food plan is just another diet.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #4  

Ok, so my weekend blew. But today so far so good.

Breakfast I just finished: 1 cup crisp rice cereal, 1 cup milk, 1 medium apple, 2 eggs.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
Ok, so my weekend blew.
Mine too. Which is why I didn't post my meals along with you as I was supposed to. One thing I wanted to mention was I found the Kay Sheppard plan to restricitve, but I like the one on the food addicts anonymous website.
I was wondering something about the breakfast selections. On both diets, protein is mentioned as part of the breakfast. on the FAA site, the actual foods are listed under what they are, like eggs are under the protein section. But aside from eggs, all the other proteins are meats. I don't really like meat for breakfast, so are they suggesting we eat 2 eggs everyday for breakfast? Are there any other options?

Alexah
Old 05-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #6  

Ok no more excuses!!! For real this time. Going to confess to Dh about my horrible binge eating....again.

For breakfast, which I've actually been doing really good at, I've been adding whey protein powder to my cereals. All it is is whey powder, no added sugars, starches etc. I cannot eat 2 eggs 7 days a week and I cannot eat meat in the mornings because I'm not fond of meat as it is.

Will come back tonight and post my whole weeks worth of meals planned.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #7  

Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp flax seed meal, 1 scoop clean pea protein powder, 1 cup milk, 1 medium orange.

Lunch: 1 cup mixed salad, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1 tbsp dressing, 1 cup vegetable juice

Dinner: 4 oz venison sausage, 1 cup cooked carrots, 1 cup salad, 6 oz baked potato, 1 tbsp dressing

Before bed: 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 apple

ETA: 1 ended up adding shredded cheese to my salad rather than meat because I feel so nauseated and I also ended up having 1/2 cup of coffee because of the sugar and caffeine detox. I will go completely off of the coffee when DH has days off and can watch the kids when my headache is unbearable.

Last edited by babygrant; 05-26-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #8  

Ugh, I have a splitting headache and have been throwing up since this morning from the caffeine/sugar withdrawls. I've been through this....oh....10 or so times, going off coffee and pop and I keep going right back. You'd think I would remember the horrible detoxes off these "drugs" and not go back.

For breakfast I managed to choked down an egg. That's it. We'll see how lunch and dinner goes....but for now, I have no desire to eat.

Lunch: chicken noodle soup. Still sick.

Dinner: couldn't stomach having to cook so I grabbed some salad out of the fridge and ate a bit of a chicken pot pie.

I'm sure tommorow will be better, I haven't had a headache since early this afternoon but I'm still really nauseated.

Last edited by babygrant; 05-27-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:43 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
Ugh, I have a splitting headache and have been throwing up since this morning from the caffeine/sugar withdrawls. I've been through this....oh....10 or so times, going off coffee and pop and I keep going right back. You'd think I would remember the horrible detoxes off these "drugs" and not go back.

For breakfast I managed to choked down an egg. That's it. We'll see how lunch and dinner goes....but for now, I have no desire to eat.

Lunch: chicken noodle soup. Still sick.

Dinner: couldn't stomach having to cook so I grabbed some salad out of the fridge and ate a bit of a chicken pot pie.

I'm sure tommorow will be better, I haven't had a headache since early this afternoon but I'm still really nauseated.
I'm struggling too. I haven't been able to get it together at all. I'm trying to get it in my head that I'm choosing not to do it right, and that I have to plan ahead if I want to succeed. Congrats on making it, despite the nausea and headaches.

Alexah
Old 05-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #10  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

This is just the thread I need, however I am not going to start my journey until June 1st. I made this decision about 2 1/2 weeks ago ... so don't raise your eyebrows too much at what I've eaten today.

I have good intentions when I start out, but keep thinking just a few more days of anything I want ...

Breakfast ~ 1/2 bowl of frosted flakes with skim
then when I came from walking the kids to the bus stop I had a grapefruit with sugar (I know ) before lunch about 15 honey wheat pretzels

Lunch ~ whole can of vegetarian vegetable soup with about 8 saltines (I know )

went out with my daughter had a chick fil a sandwich with their sauce

came home ate about 6 honey wheat pretzels, a serving spoon of peas, and 3 fish sticks with ketsup

I've drank 96ozs plus of water and still drinking.

My plan starting June 1st is to cut out all junk with the exception of a 100 calorie snack, no soda, no fried foods, doing 5 meals every three hours (the right portions), so prayerfully I am not hungry all day.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #11  

My eating has not been what I would like. Despite that, I have been very successful in a few other areas where I never thought I would be.

I admitted something to a close family member that I had been keeping to myself for years, a secret I was so afraid would ruin our relationship. It was a huge relief for me, and the person wasn't even upset with me. All that time wasted and worrying, and it was over nothing. I've hung out with that person several times since, and it was fun and easy.

I also stood up for myself in a argument with someone else, when I would normally submit and keep my mouth shut. I was polite but direct, and would not back down. In the end, they relaxed and started treating me with respect, I'm guessing bc they could see I had enough respect for myself to stand up for what I believed in.

Although those were great experiences, I'm trying to remember that not all disagreements will end with the other person liking me, and that I simply cannot please everyone. I can only control myself, my actions and my choices. It's actually a relief to learn I can't worry about everyone else and how they feel. That's their own respnsibility.

Now that I've experienced those successes, I feel more confident about being able to control my food choices. It's just going to take some time. Good luck everyone on conquering your goals. I will be back to report my daily food choices.

Alexah
Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/177/154

Height: 5' 6''

Smile Pleased to meet you all!

Hello girls. I just stumbled upon this forum by accident and boy oh boy am I glad. I'm a binge eater and my problem is getting worse. I actually feel like crying now that I have typed that in. My last binge was on Friday and I found out on another website that I had consummed 4404 Calories! I have been really trying so hard since then to control myself, I'm starting to think that perhaps this is the wrong thread to be adding this post to?
Anyhow, I have been really trying to behave myself as far as food is concerned, last week I had 4 awful days and then Friday was the worst. So this is Day 5 for me. I have read from other posts that there is a Food Addiction site and an Overeaters Anonymous site and I must find out about this Kay Sheppard lady.
So far today I have had:-
BREAKFAST-1 cup of oatmeal,1/2 a cup of milk and a teaspoon of Cinnamon.
LUNCH-2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices of toast, 2 small sausages.
I hope you are all okay and I really, really look forward to sharing with you all.

Last edited by cuddles37; 06-02-2010 at 10:01 AM.
cuddles37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #13  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi cuddles37 and welcome
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Have a question? Do y'all count your calories and do you leave sweets out of the picture? Does everyone have a different diet ? I work my sweets in my calorie level and I was wondering why you are leaving sweets out, for is it that you think you will binge ? I found if I don't add them I would binge, badly. Here is my menu for the week, and I stay under 1400 calories but I don't give up any food in my calorie level and sometimes I wait till Sunday to eat it and you know what it never taste as good as I think it is going to taste..

1400 calorie
Monday......1296
1 sandwich ..180
1 cucumber.. 14
2 servings pringles...300
1 sandwich 50 calorie bread 160..654..746 left
1 sandwich 180
chips 150
icecream 210

Tuesday... 1364

sandwich 160
bolononi 30
egwhite taco /cheese 494
peanut bar..180...
ice cream.no sugar....110...
1 hB.200
diet pringles..140
1 slice diet bread 50

Wednesday...1200
crackers 70
sandwich 150
ham burger... 290
mint candy 150
cantaloupe 110
icecream 110
strawberries 80
banana 100
pringles diet 140

Thursday 1230
candy ...70
banana...100
rice and chicken...200
1/4 c. corn 35
icecream diet 110
pringles 140..
3 ears corn 250
salad 35
2 egg whites..40
candy 250

Friday...1185

sandwich140...
diet pringles140
tomato/green 35..315..1085 left
green tomato 35
tuna...120
corn cob...85
apple pie filling 70
1 cup brown instant rice..150...
choc raisins 150
peanut bar 180
a baby almond joy 80

Saturday

Sunday My free day!

Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Height: 5'6"

I just wanted to add that I'm new to OA and I find all of the food plans restrictive for me right now. I have to take baby steps or otherwise I will RUN right back to my old ways of eating/stinking thinking.

What I'm doing right is the 3/0/1. Three meals a day, nothing in between, one day at a time. My meals are not great, but not eating in between them is a huge step for me right now. I hope that with time I will look into my meals and how to make them healthier, but for me right now this is working. I'm a little over a week into the program and have lost 4 lbs.

I've worked my 1st step and am working on the 2nd step in the workbook right now. I also have a sponsor and am attending at least two meetings a week. (This week I will be able to attend three!)

Last edited by TexasHope; 07-03-2010 at 12:22 AM.
TexasHope is offline   Reply With Quote