Old 11-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 296/289/180

Height: 5'9"

what if I cannot eat green veggies? How would I manage it with no GB? Can you explain the plan in your words?
cfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 80kg/79kg/60kg

Height: 175cm

Hi! Today is my second day on Kay Sheppards plan. And I feel terrible! I'm not hungry, I don't have any serious cravings, I just have this terrible terrible headache, that is very persistent, aspirin and paracetamol resistent I also feel drained, no energy at all. I'm fine when I get up but after three or four hours, I feel so sleepy, no energy whatsoever.
Tomorrow I need to go back to work, and I only pray that day three will be a bit better.
I do think, that all this is due to caffeinne I'm not having...

Last edited by mamarozi; 12-28-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: grammar
mamarozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #18  

Headache stopped on day four and didn't return yet. I still follow the plan as much as I can. Somehow, I don't see myself eating this way my whole life... I really don't, but it does make a pretty good diet plan. I do have my cravings under control so far and believe me, I'm a hardcore overeater and compulsive overeater as well. Whenever I feel the urge to stuff something down I stop, say a little prayer, drink water, go online, watch before/after photos and if it's really too much, I have one fruit.
I intended to join the local OA group, but I still didn't. It's still on my to-do list. And I will DO IT!
The biggest problem for me are evenings. I start work pretty early, 7.30 AM, so I have my breakfast at 6 AM, lunch at 10 AM and dinner at 3PM. I usually go to bed around 10PM, so I do get very hungry in the evening.
But, I stay strong and I have to do it this time, for me, my baby, my family, my life..
Old 01-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #19  

Height: 5'11"

I checked it out but I think it is a little...tough.

There is too much abstinence and I don't know if I can follow it.

But one thing is for sure, it is a really sound diet plan and for people who wants to try, just try it.
wanzulfikri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #20  

I'm still on a plan, but I modofied it a bit to suit my lifestyle. I'm succesfully losing weight, have sticked to the plan for more than a month, which is a record itself-I usually had 1-week-long diets. I am not really hungry, but I do allow myself days off-when celebrating birthdays, anniversaries etc. I love this plan as a diet plan but still don't see it as a lifetime commitment.
One interesting thing, though. I read abaout how people took one bite of sugar or wheat and were off the wagon again. I was s o afraid of it, but somehow I am able to get back on track next morning after my day off, with no trouble at all. I even think these occasional treats are even more motivating. But I do not overeat on my days off, I just eat "forbidden" food in moderation.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #21  
recmom

S/C/G: 300/202/170

Height: 5'11

This is my 1st time posting, but I consider myself a weight loss/weight gain expert as I have gained and lost probably thousands of pounds in my lifetime. I am so thankful I found this thread and googled Kay Sheppard. I read exerpts from her book on amazon and felt like she was telling my life story. I have been on a weight loss/ healthy lifestyle journey for the past two years and have gone from 300+ pounds to 195 pounds since January of 2010. I truly believe that my body cannot handle simple sugars and most carbs except fruits and veggies. I started eliminating these several months ago by following the southbeach diet, which is very similar to what Kay recommends. For me to survive food I have had to learn how different carbs trigger me off. For example, I can eat some wheat products in small amounts and be fine. (Usually if paired with a protien and vegtable and the carb must be under 100 calories) If I eat to much of even "healthy" carbs like brown rice, say one cup, it will trigger me to crave carbs and lead to a downward spiral of binging. What Kay said that hit home for me is that food addiction is a "chronic, progressive, and fatal disease". Avoiding certain foods has led to an enormous sense of freedom from the compulsion of food addiction. It has saved my life and my sanity.
recmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #22  

I used to be on the Kay Sheppard yahoo group, and those people are....lets just say eccentric. People would buy special toothpaste, saying that most brands had secret sugars. People advocating going to special pharmacies, since they claimed chain store pharmacies put carbs in the pills. Ugh. But at least they don't outlaw grains. The food plan with no carbs and 850 calories that I was given at one OA/FA meeting was downright dangerous, and you HAD to be on that plan only.
heather80 is offline   Reply With Quote