Old 12-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #1  
Just for today

S/C/G: 328.8/301.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Going to my first meeting tonight!

So, I've made the decision to finally get help with my relationship with food and go to a meeting at my church. I've never been before so I don't quite know what to expect. I've been eating well and exercising for the last three days and I feel great, but I'm scared whether it will last that long and how long it will be before I fall off the wagon (again). I don't ever want to be that binger EVER again, I don't want food to be the only thing on my mind anymore. I'm a little nervous to go. What should I expect?
StarryEyes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #2  

Never been there, but it has to help being around other people who "get it". You are also walking in with moderate success and can contribute that. If nothing else, it will give you some time to talk through some issues you are having, even if it is a mental conversation and all you do is listen for the first few times. I think it is great that you are doing this!
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #3  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Many other people who feel just like you do. Many people who have walked in your shoes, you will never be alone in your food shame again, you will be set free because you have found other people who will love you just as you are.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #4  
Just for today

Okay, I went. All I have to say is...whoa.

The meeting I went to was studying step 9, and hearing the others talk about their abstinence...I just don't know yet. I wrote all about it in my diet blog if anyone cares to take a read.

It's just very overwhelming, but I'm going to go to a few more meetings before I officially make a decision.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #5  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I clicked on your blog link and got nothing, maybe I did something wrong...I'm really curious, as I've wanted to try one out and am in SD too.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #6  
Just for today

Hmm...I don't know why it's not working...bummer.

There's meetings all over San Diego. You don't have to stick to the same meeting everytime, so that is refreshing =)
Old 12-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #7  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I figured out how to see it and am glad you offered feedback and posted this, as it's motivated me to look into this.

I think I'm going to try out a few meetings; there's one tomorrow that I can make and I'll post about it after I go.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #8  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I am so glad you went, and see you didn't die from the experience. Yes go to as many meeting as you can before you decide what to do. not all meetings are step meetings. if you got any phone #s call someone and tell them how you feel and they will share their experience strength and hope with you.
Keep coming back it works.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #9  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

It took me a few times to decide if I liked it. There is stuff about the program that I didn't agree with and had to work through on my own, but I think that's part of the process.

I've made the commitment to go to a meeting no matter how I've eaten, because it's almost a sure-fire way to get me back on track. Kind of my back up plan.

Abstinence is complicated because it's self-defined. It's not like alcohol where it's all or nothing. But once you "get it," and notice the changes--the mental more than the physical, IMO), you realize that abstinence is so very important because it makes you a happier, healthier person.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote