I need a program of recover, i need help

• Hello. I am new to this forum site. I have tried OA and FA to help with my compulsive eating and body/weight obsession. I am also in AA and sober now six years. I am so confused when it comes to recovery around food. I know I need a program and support, but I keep taking my will back. Its like I dont want to get better, but I do. I am not over weight, I am a healthy weight 5 8" and 147lbs. But I am not happy. I am totally obsessed with food, and my body, and live by the scale, and loosing weight. The further I get obsessed, the less other things seem to matter, untill I cant imagine the feeling of when they mattered before in the first place. I need a program of recovery. A support team. Meetings, steps, a food plan. I need help. I know it.
  • I think you might need more professional help than what is offered here (not to say you aren't welcome cuz of course you are!). But maybe a personal therapist or counselar would be more beneficial for you.

Good luck.
  • Welcome. I have been on here since November and posted a thread "Where are the OA people" with no replys. There are other sites that have more OA people. (not for sure what they are) This site is great for encouragement and learning about all sorts of subjects related to our bodies. Unlike OA, people do mention food specifics here...which may be a trigger. Keep coming back.
  • Welcome, Nat.
    Just like your AA recovery there are 12 steps for food and we just insert food where you put A(blank mind I can't think how to spell it!!)
    Go to www.oa.org and you will find on-line meetings, telephone meetings and face to face meetings. and all other kinds of help. I have found this harder than AA as I need food every day but it is possible to recover one day at a time.
    Please feel free to send me a pm and I will give you my e-mail addy if you want it.
    I hope this is of help.
    hugs
    Patd
  • thank you I have a counselor Ive been seeing for a couple years now. And lots of support in the 12step community (AA.OA.FA). Im still a mess though. I like the idea of online support cuz I can do it from home, at any hour, etc. Message me anytime. thanks again
  • Sometimes we need more WANT power than WILL power.