Old 09-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile Hi everyone... excuse the long intro!!

Hi everyone. This is my 1st time here in OA, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

In my early 20's I had bulimia. I attended an OA meeting once, but I thought everyone there truly needed help, and I just needed to snap out of it! My problems compared to everyone else's seemed trivial and superficial.

I joined 3FC several months ago. For the 1st time in 15 years I am making a concerted effort to lose weight, in a healthy non-disordered way. Dieting terrified me before, the scale has always held power over me (so much so that I threw mine away!), and over the past 15 years the pounds have crept up on me. But no more!

I'm reaching out now because as my goal weight approaches, some old feelings and behaviors are resurfacing. I have binged (sometimes purged) now and then over the years, usually during stressful times. Since I started my journey this year, I have done so well and lost all my weight in a healthy, honest way... I do NOT want to return to old behaviors, or taint the hard work I've already done.

Sorry for the long intro... guess I had more to say than I thought!
Thanks everyone.

Last edited by kellygram; 09-28-2009 at 07:28 PM.
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote