3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control > Overeaters Anonymous

Whats your eating plan?

Old 05-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #16
SUSIE61

S/C/G: STARTING WEIGHT-169

Height: 5'3"

Default Meal Plan

I was just responding to a question regarding individual meal plans.
I belonged to OA for years and could never find a meal plan that I could stick to. Then I discovered OA HOW which has a regimented meal plan combined with working closely (daily) with a sponsor. I now realize that I needed someone to tell me what to eat and how much because I was an addict and couldn't do it for myself.

Meal plan is no flour of any kind, no sugar, no alcohol.. Amounts of what is eaten is weighed and measured.

It is absolutely amazing! It sounds difficult and is hard the first couple of weeks. But the result has been like coming out of a drug coma. The mental clarity is amazing. It is not the answer in and of itself of course. But it gives you the mental clarity to continue doing the work of the 12 step program to remove the mental blocks to God. Hope that helps. Thanks.
suzechat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #17

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

I guess I'm with the poster who does the 1200 calories a day, spread out in smaller meals and snacks though I do the range of 1200 - 1498 calories. This range is based on my resting metabolic rate test results. After 13 weeks I've lost 40 pounds and it hasn't been that difficult. If I make good food choices (there are no restrictions), I get plenty of food and don't get hungry. It's amazing how much more fresh real food you can eat compared to processed, pre-packaged and generally unhealthy food of the same caloric content.

I should mention I do exercise almost daily which has surely contributed to my loss, and I'm sure this might be harder for some than others, but its working for me and is very doable.

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr : 05-17-2014 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Forgot one thing...
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #18
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I have three meals and one snack (the snack is around 3:30 or 4 p.m. and it's an egg and a string cheese, or greek yogurt with blueberries. I don't have any sugar or flour of any kind and no diet soda. I don't measure but I do know that I only eat a certain amount of scoops of things...I use a large serving spoon for this. So if I'm having a quinioa salad, I'll allow 3 scoops and then another scoop or two of salad. I used to count calories but my sponsor thought that was too diety. The only thing I measure is my oatmeal in the morning and I have oatmeal every single morning and I love it (btw, I sweeten it with stevia).
Old 06-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #19

I have been kind of sliding off my meal plan and program in general.
I have overeaten/binged for the last 3 days and am worried I will go back to eating full time

I would like to get back to my plan which in the beginning was no flour or wheat.
reduced sugar but not eliminated as it doesnt bother me too much. And avoiding preferred binge foods that I know I can't stop(fries,cheesy/carby things,etc)
3 meals a day & sometimes a snack of yogurt/blueberries/walnuts in evenings after dinner before bed. mostly eat meat proteins,eggs, beans,veggies,fats,rice,tuna, sometimes canned soups.
I dont really weigh and measure except for rice which is usually a1/2 cup.

Last edited by davina : 06-06-2014 at 07:58 PM.
davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #20

Default Sponsor/Buddy

There aren't any meetings near me and I am not that computer literate so I am looking for a sponsor, someone I can check with once a day for guidance and support. This is so hard...
dgbrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #21

I eat 3 balanced meals per day and nothing in between except water and tea. I'm a vegetarian but I avoid almost all dairy,eggs,white flour and sugar. I've lost 30 pounds since I've followed this plan
ConnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbrown1 View Post
There aren't any meetings near me and I am not that computer literate so I am looking for a sponsor, someone I can check with once a day for guidance and support. This is so hard...
Hi db. Did you find anyone to help you? Just checking in.
blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.