Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Online Sponsors?

Is there such a thing as online sponsors? There is only 1 meeting in my area a week, and only 2 women in my group, both can't be my sponsor at this time. I need help getting started with the program. I have over 20 years in AA but new to OA.
I need someone to be accountable to and plan my program of abstinence with. Would a email sponsor work as well as a face to face one?
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #2  

I would like an online sponsor too but wasn't sure how to go about it either. THanks for posting the question and hopefully we can find out how to go about it.
Erlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #3  

I found my sponsor right here!! I try to e-mail her everyday and we talk on the phone once a week. I would be more than happy to try to help either one of you.

I've been through the steps of OA and practice the principles in all my affairs to the best of my ability daily. I have one sponsee and she just finished step 12.

I was in the program for about 15 years and then we moved to the location we live now and there weren't any f2f meetings here so after going to AA meetings for support HP and I started one. We have 3 faithful members and pray for more.

Please feel free to e-mail at [email protected] if you think you'd like to give it a try.

hugs
patd

p.s. I am female

Last edited by patd; 04-11-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: forgot to say something.
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #4  
Lil' Old Chick

I have a f2f sponsor. Now i can start on my road of recovery.
If its ok with you Pat I would love to email you also as a friend.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:30 AM   #5  

Karen, I'm so glad you found a f2f sponsor. Yes, please do e-mail me. I'd love to hear from you.
patd
Old 04-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I'm also looking for an online sponser.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #7  

I'm still willing to be an on line sponsor and my e-mail to use for that is posted in the above post.

hugs
patd
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #8  

I sponsor a few people via email. It's set up through the intergroup coordinator. I'm in region 1 and their website has a link to request an online sponsor. I would post the link but this website won't let me post links since i'm new. I'm sure you can find a sponsor through your same intergroup as well.
treetree74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #9  

Pat, are you still open to being a sponsor? I really need one. Feel free to pm me.
mellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #10  
Just starting out!

S/C/G: 135/115/110

looking for a Sponsor as well. I'm in region 1 as well.
minipony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #11  

Is there anyone that would be willing to be my sponsor?
Chuckles1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #12  
Lil' Old Chick

Could we start a sponsor chat right here on 3fatchicks?
I mean nothing to personal, but maybe log food daily, or say how our day is going, what we need help on, what we are doing right, anything that would help all of us on our journey together.
we could have a step chat going too.
just an idea.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 310/234.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello everybody and Karen I just read your last blog and it sounds like a good idea. I have not done AA or any other OA meeting and I just don't seem to have the desire or (energy for it?) I'm not sure, but I do visit this site daily and just to be able to say -- I'm having a good day or I want to eat the hospital that I work in --- would be nice. I wouldn't expect an answer immediately or any supportive comments that moment but knowing that I wrote on here and verbalized what I was thinking and feeling would make me feel better...I do not know much about OA but I KNOW I have a food problem when not following WW points and therefore limiting my food availability. I know it's a mind thing because the same food is at home daily. The same fast food places and chinese places are around my work...but still...If I mess up my points, then anything goes....anything goes in my mouth...and alot of it....so once again, count me in for using this as a support site for us.
ernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #14  
An Army of One

S/C/G: 346/322 /150

Height: 5'10

just go to oa.org and they have telephone meetings and there are tons of people willing to help

http://www.oa.org/meetings/find-a-meeting-online.php
blkbarbie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #15  

ERNURSE, good morning.

Complusive overeating is a 3 fold Disease, physical, spiritual, and emotional. We must treat all 3 parts. We treat them by working the 12steps one day at a time. This is done with a sponsor. A sponsor is a person that has gone before us and is in recovery. We walk this path with our sponsor and be open minded and the program will work. We cannot have the promise in the Big Book if we leave out the sponsor and our HP who I choose to call God.
At least that's how it works for me.

I like telephone meetings but my first choice is face to face meetings.

I hope this helps you.
Welcome home.
hugs
patd