Old 03-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #1  

Unhappy My friend Jamie...

This morning I found out that the woman killed in a car accident near here yesterday morning was my friend Jamie... she was taking her son to school & was broadsided by a guy who ran a stop sign... it's believed she died almost instantly... her son survived the accident, & after being x-rayed from head to toe, they discovered only a broken collarbone... needless to say, her family is devastated, & I am very sad to have lost such a good friend... I'll miss her & her wonderful outlook on life...

I hope this doesn't sound selfish, but I'm wondering how this tragedy is going to affect my first week in the OA program... I've decided to think of it this way -- even though I hadn't yet talked with Jamie about OA, I know she knows about it now & is cheering me on from Heaven... I'll try not to let you down, Jamie...

Aunt Sheshie...
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #2  
Meow

I am really really sorry to hear about your loss. I can't comment on the program because I know noting about it, but I know the ladies on here will give you the support you need.

Once again, I am really sorry =(
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I am so sorry to hear that... so sad. I wish you, your family, and her family strength and togetherness during this difficult time.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203.8/190.4/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry for your loss. I think knowing that Jamie is watching over you cheering you on will help you during this time. and don't feel bad, you are not being selfish, having lost a number of close realtives and friends myself, you learn that life still goes on after that person passes. You cannot stop living your day to day life or altering your life plans because of it.

Keep on your with your plans for a new lifestyle and know that you have someone watching over you!
Mandylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #5  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

IM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. It must be terrible. Im so sorry to hear that.
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/190-ish/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry. That's terrible.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #7  

Thanks, y'all... it's still hard to believe this has happened... I had heard about the wreck last night on the news, but they didn't give any names... I remember thinking, I hope it wasn't somebody I know... then this morning, there was an email from her husband, telling me about it...

Yes, Mandylyn, life does go on, thanks for the reminder... it's exactly what Jamie would've said...

Hugs to all...

Aunt Sheshie.....
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 310/250/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes we hold our feelings in or express them in unhealthy way(overeating). After the support I found in OA and working with my sponsor I am able to talk about my brother who died 5 years ago. I think your friend would want you to go on and get healthy and because of the OA idea of turning our will & lives over to a Higher Power you might get strength from that.
Badgerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #9  

I'm so sorry about your friend, may she rest in peace.

You are not selfish wanting to take care of yourself. What was suggested to me no matter what happens in your life get yourself to the first available meeting and share it so I suggest you do that just like you did here. Sharing doesn't take away the pain of loss but it helps you feel it without trying to cover it up with food.

May you know that your HP is always with you.

hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote