Old 12-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #1  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default online OA resources

Other than the OA website and common literature- what resources (other than 3FC) do you utilize? I'm thinking along the lines of forums, blogs, etc..

Thanks for sharing!
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #2  

(As I'm new here, I'll not attempt to post links to click on...)
Have you seen the OA World service web page that lists online meetings? "Online/Telephone Meetings and Service by Mail/Email" is included under where to find meetings.

The Recovery Group (TRG) is for all with eating problems. For the past two years that OA has listed any online meetings, I believe they included the TRG meetings---until very recently that is. It's my understanding that OA World Service requested that TRG make no announcements (even occasionally) in their 12 step meetings regarding other resources within TRG. TRG offers step studies and Big Book study in email loops, for instance, and many other specialty support loops. Meetings are around the clock every three hours and follow the regular OA format. I, for one, will continue to attend these meetings (as will many other OAers) regardless of the official name for them. In my heart, I feel that I am still attending OA meetings there. I will leave the semantics to others...it's not 'in my hoola hoop'!
olmphoto2 is offline   Reply With Quote