Old 10-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/196/145

Height: 5'6

Exclamation Possible trigger...

As I sit here eating an ENTIRE bowl of halloween candy I am bloated, depressed and just discourages. I am the hostess of this pity party and I just can't follow though with not eating junk, exercising every day, journaling and drinking more water.
Instead I drink diet cola like there is no tomorrow, I NEVER work out like I set out to do, I eat, eat and eat as oppose to write write write.
I need a reality check.
I need YOU the winners of this BATTLE to just write inspiring and not sugar coded posts to help me see that it is possible to actually eat to live and not live to eat...
Thanks...
E
theres2inthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I think the biggest thing we need to do when we feel like this is to choose to LEAVE the pity party. Yeah, we screw up. Yeah, we eat too much and then feel terrible. It's going to happen once in awhile. I did it a few days ago too. But now you need to CHOOSE to do something different. Get up and go for a walk, get to work on your scrapbooking project, do an exercise video, or go clean out a closet. Do something productive, something other than sit and wallow and continue to eat. And tomorrow is a new day, and no matter what happened today, we get to choose what to do with it.
Best of luck!

Last edited by bethbeth; 10-21-2008 at 08:04 PM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/209/170

Height: 5ft 7

Beth worded it great!
Really, for me I just needed to feel disgusted with myself. I know that sounds terrible. But, one day when I caught myself eating an entire big bag of chips with dip very quickly so that my husband wouldnt know I did it, I decided THATS ENOUGH! I was tired of hiding my eating. I was tired of feeling disgusted when I looked in the mirror. I decided to be honest with myself, admit to my husband and to the world my weight and do something about it.
My first day going to the gym I purposely wore a tight tank top while I exercised. I felt disgusting and I could feel my flab bouncing but I did it so that I could remember how disgusting I felt so that when it was gone I could wear that tank top and feel good. Somehow that became my weight loss goal . I dont really strive for a certain number, I strive to feel comfortable working out in a tank top. Silly, huh?
I think being disgusted with yourself is a normal and healthy start to changing your life and your health. Quite honestly, just do something about it. Refuse to let yourself walk down the junk food aisle at the grocery store. When you get comfortable with that start refusing to walk down the frozen food aisle and start leaning how to make your own healthy things. For me meal planning helps tons! Every Friday I make a rough meal plan and then grocery list based on that meal plan for the next week. On the Sunday I go grocery shopping and buy only whats on that list. I make sure there is nothing in the junk food aisle or frozen food aisle and I stick to it.
You can do it! You just need to hit rock bottom with your weight and then decide that its not worth that candy to feel that way.
I know, this is a long rant for you, but its the best advice I have.
Good luck! Keep coming here for inspiration.
erinmagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #4  
150 by my 50th!!!

S/C/G: 341/261.4/150

Height: 5'7"

theres-it really helps to preplan your meals. If you need a starter guide I have 365 days of WW menus....IM me if you are interested.
Arlene Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #5  
Plateau-Mania!

S/C/G: 184/155/140

Height: 5'5"

Is there anyone you live with that can help hold you accountable? That's what I do. I talk w/ my bf and tell him what my plans are for the week and what i'm going to avoid. Like this week I'm banishing soda, even diet. And I do better because when I complete my goals not only am I proud of myself, but he's proud of me too.

Although this can backfire sometimes too. Last Friday night I had three pieces of pizza, then two more in the morning while he was gone. I was so disappointed in myself afterward. But so far this week I've had no soda and have counted my calories every day to make up for it. We all screw up every now and then, but you can't let it drag you down day after day. Everyday is your chance to start fresh, with a clean slate. And if you want a piece of candy or a slice of pizza there's nothing wrong with that, you just have to set limits for yourself.

Maybe instead of worrying about eating healthy and exercising, start off just doing one, then when you feel confident and comfortable with that add in the other. That's how I started, just eating healthier, limiting myself to one serving instead of two or three at dinner, then I started exercising. It's still sporatic, I'm not consisently exercising 30 minutes a day, but whatever exercise I get in is better than none.

Sorry I'm going on and on, but your post really touched me. I know that feeling of shame and discouragement, but don't let it stop you! You can do it! You can be in charge of your body and what you put in it!
platnumjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #6  

Do you have a sponsor? The very best thing you can do is to work the steps with your sponsor. Just to give you a little hope, I have been free from compulsive overeating for 6 months today and have lost 25lbs so far.

The program really works if you keep coming back and working the steps!!! Believe me, if I can do it you can do it.
tvalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone
Your replies really gave me some great ideas and hope!
E
Old 10-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #8  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

It seems to me reading your post as you eat an ENTIRE bowl of candy, NEVER exercising and eating crap all of the time, that one thing strikes common in all of your post. You're living in extremes, and focusing on the negative. It's easy for those of us who binge and emotionally eat to be so hard and negative on ourselves. But look at this. If you wake up tomorrow and say to yourself 'I'm going to do my very best today to try and eat 3 snacks in between my meals that are fruits/vegetables' and go for it. If you don't? Well you know what, you tried, but that does not mean you have failed. But using phrases like you have show that you're trying to go at this full force and be perfect. Nobody is perfect and we have to celebrate all of the little things we do - thats how we continue and do better. Making yourself feel bad and telling yourself that not achieving things that weren't achievable in the first place ARE going to make you feel bad

It's not easy, but you need to try and love and celebrate yourself in small ways. Don't beat yourself up for being human!

Last edited by Spoz; 10-24-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #9  

I totally agree!
You inspired me with your ticker!