Old 07-20-2008, 06:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Default Just need a quick OA vent...

I've been working this program since late May... It's a challenge, since I'm overseas, but I've been meeting them as best I can. (thank goodness for TRG)
Recently have been frustrated w. some things that are beyond my control.

I was working w. three e-sponsors (one temporary, one from a Christian loop, and one from the general list) The temporary and the general list sponsors haven't gotten back to me since late June, and I had a misunderstanding w. the Christian sponsor regarding something that I said about the other two sponsors going AWOL. (she thought I was talking about her!) She hasn't responded to me since then.

Then on Saturday morning, I had a life-threatening anaphylactic reaction to food and I just need to talk to someone who will understand... I'm going to online meetings, but I wish I had the steady influence of a sponsor. I know that I need one, but it now seems like such a daunting task. Feels like I'm starting from scratch. Again. Argh.

Thanks for letting me share...

~Alexis
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey there-

You may have already checked, but there are OA meetings all over the world. You can search for them at the oa web site.

It is frustrating when you can't get in touch with a sponsor. It helps me to remember that they're just people too... in fact, they're just addicts too-- trying to stay in recovery.

This is a great place to ask questions and share. It's important to stay spiritually fit and to practice going to your higher power first. People will fail us, but our higher power won't. Through program, we learn to move our dependence for help and security from people to our higher power. We still need people-- just not to meet all our needs.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #3  

(((((Marny))))))
thank you so much.
I did need to hear that. I am so grateful to be able to come in here as another form of OA support.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #4  

Exclamation How are you doing?

Alexistrophic
Just wondering how you are holding up? Hang in there...you are stronger than you think!

Last edited by flappychappy; 07-27-2008 at 08:21 AM.
flappychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #5  

flappychappy~ thanks for checking in
I'm doing pretty well. Just had some pretty scary life-threatening allergic reactions to foods, but other than that, I'm doing well.
Still going to meetings though, and have gotten in touch w. my sponsor, so yay!