Old 07-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Default My First year in OA

Well my friends,
It is hard to believe a year has gone by. Looking back it has been amazing. I have met so many wonderful people.
When they say the wt. loss is an added benefit to the program, I now know what it means.
I don't weigh myself, I am too shame based and "diet" educated for that and my Sponsor supports me.
I have gone down several dress sizes and continue to "shop in my closet".
I have one outfit that when I fit into it I will hop on the scale because 5 yrs. ago that was a fun wt. to be and that was a fun outfit to wear.
I work the program with love and patience. I have seen members come and go. At the weekly meeting I attend over half of us are Sponsors and there is so much recovery there.
Well there it is without much fan fare or hoopdydo, One Year in OA and I feel great, I feel alive.
Love to all,
Majic Flute
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations!! Wow, what a blessing. Hurray for you for working your program.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 355/326/219

Height: 5'10"

magic flute,

how blessed you are to not only be finding recovery for yourself but seeing it in action at your meetings! congratulations on that surprise side effect (wt. loss) and I pray your program stays strong as you begin your journey to 2 years!
junebug69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #4  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats on your 1 year anniv. That is truly fabulous. I am in my 2nd week and just starting to get abstinent.
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote