S/C/G: 255/252/175

Default I am very interested

I have gained, lost, gained, lost, so many times I'm afraid to
try anything now... but am considering trying OA... I'd love to
read more posts about anything to do with OA that might
help me make a decision... Thank you ~
changing-anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #17  

anyone use the phone bridge instead of going to face to face meetings? There are no meeting where I live and wanted anyone feedback
luckygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #18  

Default OA HOW Phone Meeting

I have been in OA for 10 years and absitment in OA HOW for over 7 years. I am lucky to live in an area with lots of meetings, but I do know people who do not have face to face meetings and are able to work the program just fine. In fact, someone i talk to almost every day has been working OA HOW from a small town where there is no HOW meeting and only a few OA meetings with little recovery.

Here is a link to information on the Wed night OA HOW phone meeting. There may be others as well, but this is the one my firend attends.

I cannot post a link here becuase the system won't let me, but if you do a google search for "oa-how phone meeting" it will be one of the 1st results you ge tback
jasonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:17 PM   #19  

Default Oa-how

Here is information on OA-HOW: oahowmeetings.squarespace.com

If you click on the blue link for a particular day you can download the meeting format for the meeting on that particular day.

In the meeting format you can learn about exactly how the HOW format works. Better yet; hop on a phone meeting and you can learn about how the format works from members for whom the format works!

Last edited by BrennaB; 07-31-2016 at 03:18 PM.
BrennaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 04:43 PM   #20  

It is a life changing program. Losing weight is a bonus! Finding the real you that was buried under all that food, pain and shame is a straight up God prize!!!!
Williehurst is offline   Reply With Quote