Old 02-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm workin it! I'm workin it!

I made a new commitment last night at my meeting. I will do a daily 10th step and call it in to my sponsor daily for a while until it becomes habit. I need the accountability for a while.

I also read program literature and made an outreach call.

Feels good to be back in an active state of working my recovery. I was coasting and it didn't feel good.

It works if I work it.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Luck, but you don't sound like you need it with a great attitude like that!!!
pinupqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #3  

That is great Marny. I also find that when I feel a bit "off" it is because I am not doing that "works if you work it" that we say after the close out prayer. I may "steal" that idea from you because I have been feeling a bit stuck in terms of spiritual growth. I am either too easy or too hard on myself, and a 10th step is kind of a balance sheet that looks at both sides. I also like the idea of reading it to a sponsor. That keeps me honest and I like feed back. I am convinced that calling my sponsor with my food every morning and also writing it down has been a big factor in keeping me abstinent for 239 days (I am not super anal, but I carry over the day when I write my food plan out).
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote