Old 01-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Have Not Posted for awhile

Hello All,
I have been checking in everyday but have not posted until today I thought I might get back into the swing of things.
I have been working my steps and just beginning Step 9.
Steps 8 and 9 seem to be the Steps that crack this desease wide open. This is where the rubber meets the road, so to speak, this is where the anger and character defects hang out. All that "stuff" has been warehoused and Steps 8 and 9 will take the "stuff" away.
Time to make amends, time for forgiveness. That is my new best word...forgiveness. I want it and I want to practice it too.
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey Bumps-

Could you share with us what you've learned about forgiveness?
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Marny,
On Forgiveness. When I went through the people on my list to make amends to my Sponsor asked me what I had done to that person that I needed to make amends.
In some instances it turned out that person really hurt me and that hurt caused me to end relationships. She said in those situations you don't make amends to those people you...forgive them. In forgiving them you remove the anger and bitterness that exacerbates my illness and you begin to heal. The manner of forgiveness can be in a letter (sent or never sent) or a prayer or a face to face. I any event you can choose to reclaim the relationship or not.
In making amends to another person you ask for their forgiveness letting them know which of your character defects caused the transgression.
I think all this forgiving in Steps 8 and 9 will do miracles for me and I will put a "CLOSED" sign on my resentment warehouse.
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #4  
Rebecca

S/C/G: 335/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Thank you for sharing with us! That was very inspring. And welcome back!
yummymummyOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 PM   #5  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Bumps, I really love the image of "putting a CLOSED sign on my forgiveness warehouse." The door to my warehouse seems to be wide open... I think I need to be doing some work in that area, myself. Thank you for sharing.
Sandypickle is offline   Reply With Quote