Old 01-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5ft1inch

Default Happy New Year, newcomers, oldtimers, and in-betweeners

Happy New Year to everyone

So much happening on this board – it’s beyond wonderful to see so much commitment to recovery from COE.

I like that I’m starting 2008 with my food plan in place, not perfect but in place and evolving and part of me.
Normally, January is all about diets and delusion and the never-arriving nirvana of getting thin. Thanks to OA, I have enough awareness just for today, that the diet mentality holds no solution for me, however attractive it still can be.
Today my hope rests with the notion that I can get well, really recover from this disease by living one day at a time and showing up to connect with OA and the tools of the program.

Huge big welcome to all the newcomers. Keep posting, keep connected. I have gotten so much help from logging on here and being a part of this great site. I don’t think I would have had the courage to return to my f2f OA meetings had it not been for the encouragement I got on here. Reaching out ALWAYS pays dividends for me.
Thing is, my COE is ALL about isolation, so my solution has to be about connecting to others.

Thank you Marny for resurrecting those posts about Step 1. There really does seem to be a true ‘hunger’ for a weekly topic based on the steps and principles of the OA program. I think it would be so beneficial to have this a regular part of the board.

Instead of diet sheets, my new year thoughts are about fine-tuning my food plan, getting more exercise, going out today to the sales to invest in decent walking shoes. That kind of thing. Acts of affirmation instead of wishful projection about the perfect diet and believing the lie that the perfect diet will give me the perfect body and the perfect life. That kind of thinking makes me crazy. OA gives me sanity. And hope.

Last edited by searsha; 01-03-2008 at 07:24 AM.
searsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #2  
Right track to health!

S/C/G: 150/131/130

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

Yeah, This is a really great site!! You have the positive mindset...taking it a day at a time. I too am an OE but I'm learning control and better ways of dealing with my stress. In the end it's all about being happy and not feeling like you are punishing yourself. I'm starting to learn that. I'm also learning I have to love myself no matter what life throws in my way. Your mindset and plan are the right steps you're taking for yourself!
journey2happiness is offline   Reply With Quote