Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Attended my first meeting yesterday....

and I am going to my second meeting tonight.

Today is my first day abstinent. Its going ok. My husband is wonderfully supportive. He knows the program, and knows the right questions to ask. Keeping my poop together when it was time to tell him what I wanted to do was extremely difficult. He asked, "do you want to tell me where you went?" (he knew already) when I said no...not yet, he waited. He was very good at waiting. About a 1/2 hr later, he said...how about now? With a few jokes and lots of love we got it all sorted out.

I started back on my eating plan today, told dh I was going back tonight and Im feeling very very teary. Its been a rough couple days. More the realization that I have been like this my entire life. For as long as I can remember, Ive wanted food, and would stuff myself especially with sweets. I dont remember any particular event......just the way Ive always been.

When you admit you have a problem, and you have had it for 40+ yrs, then wait 40+ yrs to do something about it...it hurts, and its very hard.

Its time to set things right, and to calm the crazyness in my head when it comes to food.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I am so proud of you. Yes, admitting there is a problem is hard, seeing how long you have had it is hard too. Doing something about it is the first step to healing yourself. It has been hard for you, you have to feel so good about yourself taking steps to help yourself become the person you want to be. Keep us updated. I am very interested in how you are doing. Some days will be easier than others. You can do it.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10"

Robin,

You have done so well, getting to that meeting. You are so blessed to have a husband who is so supportive too. It is terribly hard admitting that you have this illness (compulsive over-eating) and you begin to look back on your life and see how much food has controlled your life in the past and how powerful food is in your life. You've come into OA at the right time for you, you have to reach your low point, maybe. I really believe that God (as we understand him) will bring us to where we need to be at the right time.

Keep going back, do lots of meetings - they'll help alot, find strength in God (as we understand Him) and the steps - use the tools - phone people (note to self - do this), write, read the literature. It is all there is help you in your abstinence.

I have heard several times recently the promise that even your worst days in abstinence will feel better than your best days before. I'll be thinking of you!

Last edited by Malinki; 10-12-2007 at 03:56 AM.
Malinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thanks so much malinki and shy moment!

I went to my second meeting last night. Im still not very comfortable at the meetings. This one only had 2 other ppl there. But on the plus side, I felt very calm and settled on my way home. That was a wonderful feeling....enough to make me want to go again.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #5  
Rennie

Robin
Glad you hear you went again. Give it a little time, you will feel more comfortable. If you were close to me I would go with you.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Wow, great hubby.

I can relate about waiting so long to deal with this. I've been a COE for about 23 years. Every step I've taken to deal with my weight has brought me further and further into this disease.

Thank God for OA and for OAers. I might just manage to get and stay in recovery for the long term, with God's help one day at a time.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #7  
Rennie

Ann
lol about the height. I am 5 foot and I don't want to hear another word about it lol.

Glad you are doing something about it. This is a serious condition that a lot of people don't even know about. Good for you, once you realize something. You can do something about it.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #8  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

Talking

Congratulations on attending your meeting. Now, keep going back!!

And by the way, your husband sounds like a catch. hehhe

shoupfamily is offline   Reply With Quote