Old 06-28-2016, 09:33 AM   #181  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I'm talking 50+ years ago, mind! Things may be different for families now, I don't know (don't have one). The evening meal, which I call dinner but my Sortofpartner still calls tea, is my biggest meal now; and with lowcarb, none of them involve bread lol!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #182  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good morning Everyone

Backatcha' JesikaBeth

I miss you Jacqui

weight up 2.2lbs thanks to my Dominos dinner
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Good afternoon everyone! Slowly but surely the weight is leaving again. I'm 1.2 lbs away from my all-time low this morning! This is is less than what I started off with May and anything from June. I can do this AF is due to visit any time now so maybe I'll get a big whoosh afterwards....fingers crossed. We'll be going out for dinner tonight so I'll have to behave, I guess. I got two plus hours of gardening in this morn as well.....none yesterday.

Yesterday....
Break - pancakes and bacon again but less of
Lunch - guacamole w/whole grain nut crackers, strawberries
Dinner - sirloin steak, potato pancakes, cilantro-lime black beans, lite beer
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #184  
~Rennie

PrairieQueen GO YOU , I'm so happy for you ... on being so close to your all time low. What a great feeling I'm sure
Old 06-29-2016, 04:33 AM   #185  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Well done, PQ! Great job!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #186  

Evening everyone! Thanks Rennie and Rosinante! I lost another 0.4 lb overnight even with the dinner out but I did do another hour in the garden for a total of three yesterday. Aunt Flo stopped by tonight as predicted. Usually I'm up right before and during...I'm expecting the scale to be up a little tomorrow. I'll be drinking extra water tonight.

Most of you know I love to cook and try to recreate yummy meals that I've had in restaurants.....So tonight I tried to recreate a French meal that I had while on vacation. I tweaked it a little and it was soooo good. It was hard not to overeat. I'll be making it again.

Break - two paninos, two potato pancakes
Lunch - grilled cheese on sourdough
Snack - two kiwis
Dinner - roast chicken w/Breton sauce, dauphinoise potatoes, garden salad

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 06-29-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:41 AM   #187  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

love2b150 had asked me on another thread I started to post some of what I eat to keep my carbs low (I eat around 80-ish carbs a day)

* Banana Egg Pancakes (A bit higher in carb, but very tasty... mash up bananas and eggs, add some cinnamon and nutmeg and cook in a pan like regular pancakes! Quite tasty!)

* Protein Shakes: I drink Spirutein Vanilla

* NoGii gluten free (I have Celiac Disease) Peanut Butter and Chocolate High Protein Bar

* YOGURT! I'm a yogurt Fanatic, LOL

* Strawberries (surprisingly not high in carb, I have 3 or 4 for a snack)

* For dinners we have a meat and a veggie. Sometimes we use the vegetti and make squash noodles for feux spaghetti
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #188  
~Rennie

PrairieQueen you are a chef at heart Your meals always make me hungry

Thanks JesikaBeth for posting what you'd eat in a day.

SassyPants posted this for me on the thread that JesikaBeth started ... (hope it's ok to share)

a few examples of my menus...I do tend to eat a lot of the same things

Breakfast:
black coffee
cottage cheese

snack:
2 slices foster farms turkey + 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese split between the two. Eat as rollups

Lunch:
salad made with lettuce, cucumber, red/orange/yellow mini bell peppers, hard boiled egg, 3 oz chicken, ranch, pico de gallo (sometimes I dice the chicken into the salad, sometimes I eat the salad and then have the chicken on the side)

Snack:
3 meatballs (armour brand is cheap and tasty. 1 minute in the micro for a quick snack)

Dinner:
Chicken breast with spices (pepper/garlic) I buy the individually frozen breasts at Costco
sautéed zucchini, squash and red/yellow orange bell peppers
carbmaster yogurt (I buy this at Fred Meyer. Delicious! Variety of flavors)

Snack:
carb smart ice cream bar
Total calories: 1014 Total carbs: 46.8 Total protein: 122.7

Example #2:

breakfast:
coffee with 1/2 + 1/2
Leftover hamburger patty from the dinner night before. 1/2 slice melted cheese on top..

snack:
1 serving mixed nuts - Costco brand

lunch:
3 meatballs with sautéed squash and red/yellow/orange bell pepper

snack:
1 wedge laughing cow cheese

dinner:
salad with lettuce, cucumber, 6 cherry tomatoes, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, ranch
chicken breast with spices

snack:
raw cauliflower

total calories: 1059 total carbs: 39.1 total protein: 97.5

I think these are easy enough to do and I would only substitute the cottage cheese

weigh in this morning down 1.9 not sure how but ok, it usually comes back the next day, smh

Last edited by love2b150; 06-30-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:34 PM   #189  

Congrats Rennie on the loss! You're right about being a "rustic" chef at heart, esp. in summertime. I'm going for quality, not quantity, and hubs is finally caching on. Tonight, I'm trying a pimento cheese-stuffed meatloaf.....still have some of last year's ground beef to use up.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #190  
~Rennie

and the freshness to go along with it Will the pimento cheese be in the center or through out? PrairieQueen and just like I knew I would be up this morning 1.2lbs to 183.0 but good news. I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes for the first time in forever, yay me
Old 07-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #191  

Yay you on the exercise Rennie! Before you know it, you'll be on there every night The cheese is throughout, and it was really good. You pat out meatloaf mix into rectangle on parchment or aluminum foil. Then you "spread" cheese as best you can and roll up like you're making a pumpkin roll.

Yesterday ....
Break - leftover chicken/potaties
Snack - strawberries
Lunch - more leftover chicken/potatoes
Dinner - cheese stuff meatloaf, smashed potatoes, garden salad

I was up on scale this morning, but only by 0.2 lbs.....I'm sure it'll be a little more tomorrow with AF and all the potatoes.

Today....
Break - leftover meatloaf
Snack - strawberries
Lunch - more leftover meatloaf
Dinner - pan-fried boneless pork chop w/garlic, onion, lemon, and mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms, garden salad (I had a bunch of 'shrooms that needed to be eaten)
Snack - Friday night adult beverage x2

My neighbor and I got caught n the rain during our walk this morning, but we managed to get 1.5 miles in. We were drenched by the time we got to shelter. At least it was somewhat warm.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 07-02-2016 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #192  
~Rennie

Thanks PrairieQueen You did great, 3 servings of potatoes and up .2 is really good. Good job on your walk in the rain, I'm glad it was warm also No summer colds.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #193  

Happy weekend all! Rosinante, Carol Sue, Rennie, Jacqui, Patti, Jesika

We're having pleasant weather here today, high of 77 and sunny. Hubs put up the screened gazebo and put a table in it so we can eat outside bug-free. We're going to a friends on the Fourth, but decided to do our dining until then outdoors and grilled.

Everyone on here and in my circle of friends keeps talking about zoodles. I have to try them. My zukes were planted a little late so they're not ready for a couple of weeks, so I guess I'm going to have to either buy them pre made or buy some zukes. I have the equipment, it's just doing it. I love pesto and figure I should give them a go with it. I plan on getting the new kitchenaid aid attachment as I can use it to prep my apples much faster than using my reliable (but slow) tabletop contraption. It also will make my curly fries.

Sending everyone self-control vibes for the eating fests that seem to accompany the holiday weekend. I'm gonna hit the outlets today or tomorrow

Laters!

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 07-02-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

PQ, I forgot about pesto! I tried it once with my zoodles and I loved it. I never made my own pesto because I am the only one who eats it and it's hard to make a small amount. I buy a little jar in Aldi's and that suits me just fine.

I also want to try zoodling a small sweet potato but then I'm not sure how I will prepare it. I can't believe that for 60 years I did not eat sweet potatoes because the only way I ever saw them prepared was candied, with all the brown sugar and marshmallows. That never appealed to me, but now I've started ordering baked sweet potatoes or sweet potato fries in restaurants and I love them!! DH doesn't eat them, naturally. I have no idea how we ever got together. LOL Of course, if I was married to a foodie like myself, I would weigh 600 lbs. You'd be seeing me on TV. Or in the circus.

I got 2 new recipes, one for spinach, and one for sweet potatoes. I will post them on the recipe thread. They are not necessarily diet recipes, but healthy because they are for veggies.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:01 AM   #195  
~Rennie

Ladies enjoy your weekend