Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Caro Sue great news! Keeping the positive vibes going no her way.
Rennie, SMF, Jacqui, Up hey there!

Fly by tonight....

Break - McDonalds sausage burrito
Lunch - last beef fajita
Dinner - homemade pizza w/turkey pepperoni and bacon, lite beers

I went to Costco after work today to stock up on chicken, cheese, hot sauce, and cat food. I also bought one if their rotisserie birds to make a buffalo chicken dip tomorrow. Then I have to make our traditional chicken wings for Super Bowl, even though we don't watch it all......Downton comes first. Going to have to get a lot of steps in to counteract all the snack food, so I'm off to the outlets in the morning. I only have two work dresses and one pair of dress pants that fit properly now for work (but two pair of jeans). My medium tops still fit, so not buying any new ones until spring.

Night,
Tamms

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 02-05-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:47 AM   #152  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upandaway42 View Post
Carol Sue I am so so sorry about your niece. I will say a prayer for her and your family tonight. I absolutely believe in miracles. My 19 month old son has had medical struggles from birth and would not be here today without the grace of God. I have faith that God is with your niece.

Hi everyone! It's been a busy busy week. I'm hoping things calm down so I can get caught up with the threads. I hope everyone is doing well!

upandaway All praises to Him for our children

Last edited by love2b150; 02-06-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #153  
~Rennie

PrairieQueen your menu made me hungry have fun at the outlets
Old 02-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Little did I know when I woke up this morning that we would be buying a new car. I don't even know how this happened. I blinked and we were driving it home. LOL 2015 Impala. Probably one of the last 2015s around. Now to pay for it.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #155  

Oh Carol Sue! That's how it always happens at our house. Enjoy

Break - piece of leftover pizza
Lunch - buffalo chicken dip and crackers
Dinner - ham, sprouts, and potato pancake
Snack - going out for drinks and music so I'll put myself down for two (or three) light beers)

Hubs and I went to outlets and I got a few goodies....boots, flats, pants/shirt, dress, two cardigans, pink jeans. I'm not shopping again until spring arrives! Hubs got a hat that makes him look like an old Brit off of Last of the Summer Wine. It actually looks good on him.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 02-06-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Carol Sue, oh I am so glad to hear that your niece has improved! I will continue to pray for her and her brother! Woohoo on the new car! Impalas are SO nice!

PrairieQueen, how fun to get new clothes! I'm with you on watching Downton Abbey over the Super Bowl, lol!

Hi Rennie, SeeMyFeet, UpandAway and Trish,

I seem to be stuck around 167 right now. Oh well! Today is Carb Day and I'm enjoying it! On non-Carb Days, though, I'm really going to have to reign it in. Thoughts even fly about cheating on the wrong types of foods but I absolutely will not allow myself to go there. I KNOW the outcome of that! That's what happened to me last time! One cheat for me leads to many cheats for me, and I refuse to open those floodgates. But I do need to be more careful about how much I'm eating. It didn't help that the last couple of days when I didn't want to rely on protein bars, I ended up having to rely on protein bars. I need another quick, healthy, and less triggering food for when I'm on the run!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-06-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #157  

Pink Jeans. Prairie Queen, I want to see a picture of the pink jeans. I have a pair of pink jeans and also purple ones. Both are in my box of too small clothes that I would wear again if I ever get thin enough. Back in the 70s I had a pair of orange hip hugger bell bottoms. LOL I loved them. They disappeared one day. I think I left them in the washing machine in the laundry room at my apartment complex. Whoever found them either kept them or threw them away. I never saw any of my neighbors wearing them.

I never ate protein bars, but I used to buy Fiber One bars. They gave me an excuse to eat something sweet and chocolaty while at the same time feeling that I was eating healthy fiber. Then I quit craving sweets and gave them up.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:26 PM   #158  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Nice Pants, Carol Sue! Wowza! Oh no, not Fiber One bars!

Crazy busy with work, feeling HAWNGRY and exhausted, and fighting an RA flare. I've been staying the course, menu-wise, but not getting much real exercise, and not losing. Last week, I reached the point where I just did not know what to do: Exercise more? Rest? After working yesterday, I forced myself to rest, and feel better today.

I've been sticking with my breakfast oatmeal and salad for lunch. I added oranges as a snack for the folic acid and vitC. Total carbs have been less than 150, and calories low. (I won't say how low, Jac!)

Hope you're all doing well...
Old 02-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #159  
~Rennie

PrairieQueen yay on the new clothes My husband just told me I need to clean out the closet to get rid of all of the clothes I can't wear. If I do that, it will look like I have nothing. but I honestly can't wear those clothes they're too big). I just gave my daughter a bunch of wishful thinking tops that I bought year before last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
I seem to be stuck around 167 right now. Oh well! Today is Carb Day and I'm enjoying it! On non-Carb Days, though, I'm really going to have to reign it in. Thoughts even fly about cheating on the wrong types of foods but I absolutely will not allow myself to go there. I KNOW the outcome of that! That's what happened to me last time! One cheat for me leads to many cheats for me, and I refuse to open those floodgates. But I do need to be more careful about how much I'm eating. It didn't help that the last couple of days when I didn't want to rely on protein bars, I ended up having to rely on protein bars. I need another quick, healthy, and less triggering food for when I'm on the run!
Jacqui this is so me!

Carol Sue I think you told me about the fiber one brownies so so good

LOL SeeMyFeet, Jacqui will certainly tell you about the low calories, that's a definite LOL, SeeMyFeet on that link

I'm doing good for now. Today has been a struggle ... I just want to eat and eat ... calories are good, sodium is off the hook. Trying to get a little more water in before I go to bed I ate some asparagus also

Last edited by love2b150; 02-07-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:07 PM   #160  

Rennie I have stacks of clothes on a bed in a spare bedroom. My mom took most of the shorts at Christmas and a winter coat for her visits. Most are three sizes too big, some two sizes, and I still wear the one size too big. I also have a load of stuff in the wardrobe (sweaters, flannel shirts) that I still wear around the house. I'll put them in a stack in the spring

I really over did it tonight. We had our traditional wings, fries, and bleu cheese dip for dinner plus a beer and carrot sticks. I don't think my cals are over what I burned, but they're def not at a deficit today!

Break - fried egg and ham
Lunch - buffalo chicken dip and crackers, cran water
Snack - grapes, cran water
Dinner - fried wings, fries, bleu cheese dip, carrots, beer

Edited to add that the morning-after scale reading was pretty ugly. So ugly, that I'm not even going to the "February Weight Loss" thread today. I'm blaming the large portion of homefries and salt and lack of water intake. Lesson learned.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 02-08-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #161  

I haven't been on the scale for a few days and I'm betting it's not pretty because we've been doing so much running around I'm neglecting my healthy eating and eating on the run. DH broke the new car already and we had to spend half the day at the dealership getting it fixed. We went out for breakfast, then headed to the dealership, went shopping for a while until it was time for the appointment they set up for us, waiting for the repairs, then went out for dinner on the way home. My body can tell I didn't eat healthy today. And I didn't drink enough water because I wasn't close enough to a bathroom. And I'm burping like crazy. LOL

I have boxes of clothes downstairs that are too small but I refuse to say I will never wear them. I have a huge rack down there of clothes that fit but won't fit in my closet. My closet is so full that you can't push the clothes aside to see what's in there. And I wear the same 10 things over and over. If got rid of everything I don't wear I will have a very empty closet, but I might wear them some day so I won't get rid of them. I could probably go six months or more without wearing the same thing twice. Maybe I'll try that. Can you see laundry day at the end of that 6 months! LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-08-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #162  

Hi everyone! Carol Sue I hope it wasn't too bad of a repair. My hubs doesn't break things mechanically on the car, just little dings on the bumper from posts, a parked semi once, the back end of someone else's car. None of the other objects were damaged but his truck has a visual record of it all. That's why he doesn't drive my truck

Today's menu..

Break - fried egg and ham
Lunch - buffalo chicken wrap
Snack - white grapes
Dinner - small ribeye, asparagus, small lettuce wedge w/homemade blue cheese dressing
Snack - cran water

Carol Sue i hope your niece is doing well. My bro goes home tomorrow. He'll still have home health visits. No more feeding tube food. However, he doesn't go in to have it removed until the 23rd. I'm planning on flying down Friday morning to Monday. I'm waiting for tomorrow afternoon to get my tickets....I always get a bargain on Tuesdays.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 02-08-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:21 PM   #163  

PQ, this car has that feature that shows tire pressure on the instrument panel. On Saturday it showed tire pressure for all 4 tires. On Sunday it showed tire pressure for 3 tires and one blank spot. I TOLD them DH broke it, but it had a faulty sensor in the one tire that had to be replaced. I remember when you got out and looked at your tired and said "My left front tire is low....needs air." Now the car tells you.

He got upset today because it rained on the new car.

Glad to hear brother is coming home. Haven't heard from nephew. Hate to bother him because he's having his own issues. Will probably call him tomorrow to see how things are going.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:22 PM   #164  

Good evening everyone. Hope everyone's staying warm and safe with the winter storms arriving again. We had 5" overnight, so I got a day off school. I didn't get to sleep in though. Up to walk dogs and boy kitty, brought lots of wood in....kept fire going all day, and laundry. Booked my flights for my Florida getaway and did laundry. We may get another day tomorrow...more snow coming, and thus time I'm going back to bed after the dig walk.

Anyway, today's menu...

Break - fried egg, ham, asparagus
Lunch - buffalo chicken wrap, pineapple
Snack - popcorn, cran water
Dinner - bourbon (street) chicken w/brown rice, broc, carrots
Old 02-10-2016, 02:01 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lol, yep SeeMyFeet and Rennie, I'm definitely the too-low-calorie police around here so it's probably best not to let me know just how low you go, haha! I can understand Intermittant Fasting and don't have a problem with that. It's the day-after-day low calorie count that I become concerned about. But I have been trying to do my best not to offer unsolicited advice lately. I wouldn't test my resolve though, lol!

Carol Sue, faulty sensors are the reason why we got our newest car. I hope that it was a simple fix and you have no more trouble with it! How is your niece? I hope she's continuing to improve!

PrairieQueen, did you say a while back that you have an Etsy shop? I've been helping DH set up an Etsy vintage shop and, oh my word, it's so complicated! It's not like simply posting on Ebay or Craigslist! And I was totally confused by why they have you create and post your 1st listing, which goes live, before you even have your shipping and policies set up! Oh well! It's coming along...slowly...lol! So did your brother come home?! I hope so!!

So I'm in a rut. I'm hoping once spring comes around, I'll be motivated to lose again. (Sunshine and salads! ) I haven't been on the scale in the last few days because I know I'm overeating on too heavy of foods, meats and chili and nuts, etc. They're slow carb, but still, I can't lose weight at this rate! I need some lighter, greener meals! Obviously some part of me is okay with not losing right now. Maybe I need a little break, not from slow-carbing of course or 3FC, but from actively trying to lose. And maybe as I'm hoping, spring will start me off fresh again! I just need to try to stay in the 160s until then! Ugh, I'm going to have to get back on the scale sometime this week! I choose Friday, lol!

Hi UpandAway and Trish!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-10-2016 at 02:09 AM.
Closed Thread