Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Rennie, yay on the good day! I am not familiar with The Simple Diet, but of course you should do what you think will work best for you! Okay, I just looked it up, http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/06/2...he-simple.html, and its ease of store-bought protein shakes, store-bought heat-up entrees, and then fruits and veggies does seem well-suited to your unusual hours since you won't have to prepare and cook meals. It will be quick and easy for you! You have to stay on top of your exercise though, but you're good about that! It could be ideal for you! And looking at "The Six Keys to Intensive Weight Loss" (middle right of the page), I see we can help you with #5) Keep daily records, and #6) Be accountable to someone. I hope you do very well with it!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #392  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey all...I've completely lost track of conversations here....diet plans, dogs, dads, and sauerkraut with ketchup...not sure how to jump back in...

Still trying to stick to an invariant menu. I added an end-of-day snack on days when calories are low: dates with hot tea...although I purchased the dates at the fancy grocery store and some of them taste kinda meh and dried out and remind me too much of cockroaches, so no worries that I might make a pig of myself.

The % carbs are creeping up...(from fruit and salad veggies)...but i don't want to eat more protein or fat...I guess I'll start a new fad diet: low fat, low protein, low carb....Lotsa DNA...I'm tired...goin' to bed...
Old 10-07-2015, 12:14 AM   #393  
maintaining since 9/2013

Hi Everyone, I've been enjoying reading your posts all day, but just replying in my head!

Rusty!

Rennie Yay on your day--that broccoli, cabbage, beef dinner sounded satisfying! I really like Jacqui's advice re the plan you are considering. We are neck in neck now. May that motivate us both!

I love sauerkraut, but only Bubbie's because it's very mild. I never tried it with ketchup. Someone I know eats it with avocado--it's soooo good. I like to season my breakfast omelet with it.

I've been eating more salt-containing things than usual lately, like sauerkraut, Walden Farms dressing & whey shake--loaded w sodium, mole powder in the chili. Time to find a new way to jazz up my staples, cause I'm feeling heavy.

SeeMyFeet, I hear you re macro dilemma! I wish there were a 4th macro to balance out the others!

Jacqui I love your clappy hands usage!

Today
B mushroom, sauerkraut omelet, whey shake
L salad, beans chicken evoo
D turkey chili, broccoli
S whey shake, butternut squash w coco. oil

Yesterday was about the same except also had a B-up bar & a good helping of left over Chinese food at work. Hence no scale reward this am, 169.4.

Last edited by mars735; 10-07-2015 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:39 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Yesterday....
Breakfast - McD's sausage burrito w/hot sauce & Coke Life
Lunch - leftover chicken fajita with taco sauce only
Snack - about 1/4 cup fresh kraut
Dinner - 8 grilled baby wings with blue cheese dressing, no sides, one craft beer (sour lime)
Old 10-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I forgot to tell you guys about the Raspberry Zingers! I found them in a store in single serve packages and I'm so glad I only bought one. They come 3 in a pack and I could only eat one. They are terrible! They must have changed something because I can't believe how much they have changed. DH won't eat the other two so they will be going in the garbage. Yukky! Did my taste buds really change that much?

Rusty is Ok. I am thinking of calling the vet because he is still scooting on the carpet. DH cleaned the carpets in the whole house while Rusty was in the "hospital" and now they will have to be done again. There are no stains, but it creeps me out knowing that he's rubbing his butt on the carpet. We are having no trouble giving him his pills. We put them in a half of a meatball and he scarfs them right up. But we are supposed to be putting this ointment on his butt. Not only will he not let us near him, but he will just scoot and rub the ointment off on the rug. I just hope he doesn't get this infected. At least we know the carpet is clean. Maybe once the pills take effect he will stop this. I understand that it's uncomfortable and a dog does not understand that he will heal better if he leaves it alone. Poor Rusty. I don't know if I should call the vet again or wait it out. They said they will apply the ointment for $6. But it's to be done twice a day for 10 days. That's $120, and to me it's a waste if he wipes it on the rug!! LOL

I hope no one was eating while reading this.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-07-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #396  

Carol Sue, your DH and you are such good furbaby parents! I was looking on youtube for a video on how to diaper a cat, just in case I need it for Ichabod with his paralyzed legs, and I ran across some for diapering a dog. While Rusty is healing, it might make life a little easier. Diapers would cost much less than vet fees and are easier than cleaning the carpet! Here's one of those videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf5oUtiqoJs. I am not surprised that you no longer like the raspberry zingers! I think your tastebuds are probably much more discriminating now. It's like me and poptarts, yuck!

Ha! Mars, "clappy hands" Hey, you are still in the 160's so that's great!

PrairieQueen, menu looks good!

SeeMyFeet, we do tend to go through lots of topics around here, and look how you contributed with your cockroach dates, haha! That's a good idea to add snacks on too low-cal days.

Well, get this! Like Rennie suggested, I got on my Dad's scale this morning with and without my pj's on to see the difference. I weighed 175.5 with them and 174 without them. Once I got dressed and went out into the family room, I spotted my Dad's two 3-lb weights by his chair, so I decided to weigh them to see how accurate his scale is. They equaled 6 lbs on his scale! Apparently MY scale is the one that's off! (The Y's scale weighs me lighter than mine also.) So I may actually weigh a little less than I give myself credit for! Of course, my scale is the scale I use and will continue to use, and it's all relative, but it's still kind of an exciting thought!

Week 23:
10/4--179.5
10/5--(177)
10/6--(176.5)
10/7--(175.5)
10/8--
10/9--
10/10--

Today's Meals
Breakfast

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio
Hot green tea
Mio water

Lunch:
Large field greens and veggies salad, with turkey, walnuts, and ranch dressing
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
Ham
Sauteed summer squash and vidalia onions
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
20 minutes on my Dad's exercise bike

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 10-08-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #397  

Jacqui, we used diapers on one of our dogs who had something on his butt that was bleeding. But they are a pain, having to take them off for them to go outside. A friend of mine used to use very little boys tightie whities on her dog when she was in heat. The tail went up through the fly opening. LOL I don't know if there's actually anything coming off his butt. I don't see stains. It's just the thought that he rubbed his butt on the carpet that is grossing me out. The carpet scrubber will have to be run again when this is over. Luckily he doesn't like to sit on the furniture! Ewwww! He is mostly sleeping so far today, probably from the pill we gave him. Maybe he's going to stop scooting soon. Every time he sits or lies down he gives his butt a little scoot first. Poor Rusty. I know he's uncomfortable.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-07-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:57 AM   #398  

Carol Sue, well that's an innovative way to use tightie whities! I sure hope Rusty feels better soon, bless his little heart!

Rennie, let us know how you new diet is going!

Hi Chickadeee, Mary, and FinallyFree, I hope y'all are doing well!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #399  

We finally managed to get some ointment on Rusty's butt. Maybe that will soothe it some. I held him while DH applied. He said it looks good, no blood or seepage came off on the pad he used to apply the ointment. That makes me feel better, that it appears to be healing.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #400  

Oh good, Carol Sue! We need some good pet news around here!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #401  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Jacqui, I do think it will work since it's exactly what I did in 2010 without knowing it had a name. Right now I'm eating what I have on hand, since I have cooked and separated some foods for the week. I do like making my own shakes and since I have discovered one that taste like eggnog that will be my go to and the mocha cooler one from the book is next, yum. I will also when I can like this week make as many of my own lunches and dinners. I'll just have to buy more of the section plates to store them. It's a pain taking 3 containers everyday Yeah 5 and 6 are easy with you all here. Jacqui, re: the your Dad's scale ... how old is your scale? Maybe it's time for another one or try moving it to another spot in the bathroom. I'm sure you weigh 175. Wow, that's so great and quite a reward for all of your hard work.

SeeMyFeet this is a chatty group when it wants to be sometimes it's hard to keep up if you miss a day or more. I've had to go back pages It's crazy how the carbs add up with fruit. I'm doing the non starchy veggies so not too bad there but the carbs in beans, wow.

Mars, that meal was satisfying, definitely something to consider again. I may add some bean sprouts and onion, yum. We aren't neck and neck I have once again blew it, but reigning it in (at least trying to). It helps that the one lady at work that said she would walk with me is also trying to lose weight and I am trying to help her with her meals (Yes me, helping ) and then there is my other co-worker that loss 40+ lbs on Atkins and wants to get down to 170, that I am trying to motivate. There is also a guy that was really heavy when I met him last year that turned himself around after his divorce so we are kind of helping each other. I gave him a B-Up trial bar today and he gave me an Isoprure beverage. That thing has 40g of protein. I had never heard of them before but my son has seen them in GNC. He also showed me Oh Yeah! protein shakes, 32g of protein but not much else in the shake, so would only drink that in a pinch and I'm sure they are costly. I've still gotta find that sauerkraut. (I only think about it when you all mention it). Sodium is the hardest thing to get under control with prepared things. I try to watch that on MFP. It often makes me delete foods on my menu. It's one thing to see it on the package another when we add it all up. Sorry mars I wrote you a book. ha and 169 is a reward to me. I weigh 2lbs more than you

PrairieQueen how many calories are you eating? I love any kind of fajita, yum.

Carol glad Rusty is home. Your comment about him rubbing his butt on the carpet made me literally laugh out loud. The way you worded it/the way the comment flowed, was funny. I'm with you on that though, I'd have to clean the carpet again also. What caused the rupture? Sorry the Zinger wasn't what you expected, but I guess that is a good thing also. I wish more sweets tasted bad to me

today's eats - B~ eggnog SF protein shake, green tea, water, S~ the kids had lasagna, I took about a cup of the sauce/ricotta and added a cup of turkey sausage crumbles, very good and filling. L~ eggs w/ cheese, black beans and spinach,water S~ when I got home sf jello, nacho flavored Beanitos, dark chocolate almonds, Townhouse flatbread Italian herb, water. I'm still full from the day and my calories are over 1300 so I'm done eating for the day. I have church this evening. I'm drinking a Pepsi Max now and I'll get more water in.

weight today 171.9 down .7 of water but TOM has arrived, yay me.

Last edited by love2b150; 10-07-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:42 PM   #402  

Rennie, yay on being .7 down! Hopefully TOM will bring a whoosh along. As for my scale, it's digital and new enough to weigh in halves but not new enough to weigh in 10ths. However, I think the problem may be that my house is 200 years old and has old plank wood floors. None of them are completely level, so I don't think a new scale would have any better luck at being accurate than the one I have now. It's not important for it to be completely accurate though. As long as it tells me if I am going up or down and if I'm getting close to where I want to be, it works for me! :
Old 10-08-2015, 08:47 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Yesterday:
Breakfast - McD's sausage burrito w/hot sauce & Coke Life
Lunch - angus frank with chili and cheese, no bun
Dinner - Cheeseburger w/tomato, pickle, onion and a few creamed red potatoes

Love2b150 I'm not a strict counter but try to keep it below 1600 most days. Sometimes I go lower, sometimes higher. Mind you I'm very active from the minute I get home from work and do not stop until 7:30-8 pm each night. My weekends are even busier. I try to keep breakfast and lunch below 700-800 so I can splurge at dinner, and eat minimally processed foods (except for my breakfast burrito). I grow and preserve almost ALL my own veg and fruit and buy pork and beef in bulk once a year from my two farmer friends. I've just started getting ground lamb and soon to get fresh eggs and almost-raw milk from another place close by. I'm all about local, non-GMO, and organic when possible. It's made a HUGE difference in my life.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:19 AM   #404  

I believe Rusty has turned a corner and is finally healing. He's not back to normal 100% but he is no longer scooting. I think his butt was just itchy because it's healing. He hasn't been eating much but that should change once he feels better. From what the vet said, the glands fill up and need to be drained. Sometimes it happens naturally, and other times they need to be drained by hand by a vet or groomer. You can learn to do it yourself, but that's not going to happen! Apparently, his got clogged and wouldn't drain, then got so full that they pushed through the skin. She had to put him to sleep to clean them out and get them draining again. In the future, one scoot and he's going to the vet!!

Jacqui, I can't believe your pjs weigh 1.5 lb.

Prairie Queen, you are lucky to be able to get all that organic food locally! It's so much better for you but so expensive in the stores. What brand of Angus Franks did you buy? We tried them once and didn't like them but might like a different brand.

Rennie, you're lucky you enjoy those shakes. I just can't be satisfied with them. And look at you, helping everyone at work! It might make you practice what you preach!!

SeeMyFeet, my mother used to buy dates when I was growing up and I loved them. Never think to buy them now. The did remind me of cockroaches sometimes but they were so good I didn't mind what they looked like. I can't figure out why she bought them though because I don't recall her baking with them. Maybe she just liked them as a snack.

Mars, I never had turkey chili. I don't think DH would eat it. I have been very hungry for chili, but DH doesn't want it. There is only one restaurant in town that serves it all year round so I'll have to go there and get a cup. The other places only serve it in the winter.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #405  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well, Carol, the dates were a mistake--I'm gaining! They suuure are tasty with tea, and I thought the fiber and minerals they contain would make them a good treat, but I guess they have too much sugar. My calories average below 1300 and exercising every day, so I blame the sugar. Anyway, I'm beside myself ....grumpy ....irritated .....mad at my (fat) body..... time to hop on the ol' cardioglide or do SOMEthing more to scare this fat away!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 10-22-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Closed Thread