Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 08:20 PM   #121  

Height: 5'71/2"

Hey there,
I'm new to this site and know I am carb sensitive and a carb lover. I have very little resistance once I get on the carb wagon. I posted on the front page and saw Jacqui D's invitation to Not Dorothy so hope you don't mind I hopped in.
I would like to lose 80 lbs. I lost about 20 lbs last spring and am eating my way back and don't want to do that. Need some encouragement and help.
HELP!!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:18 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Katiecatherine! Wonderful to have you! This is a great thread for anyone who has a sensitivity to (and love of) carbs! I just answered your question on the introduction thread about weight loss tips without realizing you had posted here. Now that I know you have an issue with carbs, I want to reiterate that breaking the quick-burning carb cycle will help you tremendously! I'm so glad you're joining us!

Rennie, yay! Fantastic job on avoiding sweet and starchy carbs!!! Isn't green tea wonderful? I <3 you too and I am so happy for you!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-31-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Katiecatherine! Always good to have someone new join the group. Right now I am not necessarily following the slow carb plan, but trying to be healthy. Trying to lose weight and not succeeding was stressing me out too much. I do try to keep my carbs low as I am diabetic and too many carbs spike my blood sugar. This is such a nice group. They always have so many good suggestions!

Rennie, good job on the low carb day! Just take it one day at a time. If you slip one day, just go on to tomorrow. You know you can do this!

Jacqui, the Torso Track has tension that keeps you from "getting stuck" and the tension is adjustable. When you push out, you are actually pushing against the tension, and when you stop pushing, it automatically pulls you back. It helps develop core strength, but you don't need it to do it. It's not hard. It's not like that with the little wheel with handles. It has nothing to prevent you from going out too far and flopping right onto your belly. LOL I did exercise yesterday, but only did the treadmill, bike and bodyglide. Did some weights on the weight machine, too. I was able to do a few bench presses without my arm hurting, so that's a plus. Just did a few with light weight.

Is Mars on vacation? I miss her!

Hi Chickadeee!!
Old 09-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #124  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

to the thread Katiecatherine, you'll love this thread, some wonderful people reside here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post

Rennie, I want to come and give you a big hug!! I wish we lived close and we could do this thing together. I think your wonky work schedule is messing you up. They say that shift work is bad for your health and weight. Causes you to eat things you normally would stay away from. I know you can't do anything about that. I'm glad to hear you are getting some quality time with your daughter. I know how much that means to you. Some people tell me that the Bulletproof coffee suppresses their appetite. I don't know if you can do that. It's actually the higher fat that does it, I think. Try to think of some high fat snacks that you can keep on hand. I don't do BPC because DH sleeps much later than I do and I don't want to be running the blender while he's still sleeping. Since I have started adding bacon to my morning eggs they satisfy so much more.
Aw Carol you are so sweet I wish we lived closer also Jacqui said the same thing about my schedule and I am sure that is the culprit. I don't feel like walking when I get off and there are two really inexpensive gyms near the job that I could go to but my hubby signed a two year contract at another gym (didn't read the fine print and wasn't fully listening when they explained it to him) so I want to wait till that is expired. Then I'll have no excuse not to go. I tried that BPC when Shannon was first talking about it. I can' get pass the oily feeling on or around my mouth, She says it works for sure. Wouldn't you know it after seeing my daughter 3 days last week, I haven't heard from her this week, silly young lady Carol, you described the torso track well. I think I'd like to try that someday. Seems easy since it helps pull you back. I would be like Jacqui and afraid I'd get stuck down there if it didn't, LOL Great measurements by the way. I wish I had taken my measurements when I was smaller. I have had a 40 something inch waist for quite some time now (I think). LOL on the unadventurous husband. Mine won't try anything new either You take care of yourself. Hope those palpitations stay at bay, that's scary. I've had them before also. I'm gonna pay attention to my water intake if it ever happens again. I've been experiencing upper (on top) foot pain on my left foot. I read it could be something related to diabetes. Have you ever heard about that? it sometimes makes me not want to walk. ... RE: computers catching everything ... it is scary. Nothing is private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy View Post
Rennie- first off I would LOVE to be at your weight, so don't be discouraged. I have constantly been discouraged and every time I gave up I got a little bigger and bigger till now I am in bad shape!! Just keep trying every day...if you fail, just try to forgive yourself and move forward. I know when I am really hungry I need to eat less sugar in general and drink a LOT of hot tea and coffee. The hot sensation helps more than anything. I don't know if this will work for you.
Thanks Mary I drank hot tea yesterday and I guess it did work I have a weighted hula-hoop that I bought off line. When I was going to Curves they had them there. They were 2 and 3lb weighted hula-hoops. They help to tone your waistline. Takes some getting use to though. Good job on keeping that 7lbs off and sorry about the stresses of nursing school, but you know it'll all pay off in the end. Thank you for doing what you are doing LOL the side effects of new meds scare me ... they are crazy ... I made that mistake once with my kids and Dollar tree. Never again they weren't happy. Mary good job on the scale movement, nice work and I'm with you on cooking every meal. It is not gonna happen ... I deserve to just sit down and eat also

Mars, thanks for all you do also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Rennie, ... It could be that maybe you just need to focus on your health rather than your weight right now, ... Forget about what you wish you could weigh right now, and instead just pick a healthy habit that you can do this week. Then maybe next week, you could pick another healthy habit to add to it, and so on. Make health, not weight, your goal! 174 on the scale would be great, but finding a way to work a walk in or adding a cup or two of green tea or skipping French fries, etc. would be even better, because those things impact your health! Plus, you'd take some of the stress off about losing weight. It's worth a try ... it could work for you too! What do you think?
Jacqui, As always you've hit the nail on the head ... I have one day down just focusing on eating right. Took a lot of convincing and I mean alot, but I did it I did have a good weekend. I was off Thursday, Friday and Saturday. That has not happens since the beginning of December. My manager moved to another station and she blessed me with that schedule before she left. My youngest was happy I was here but the boys wanted to know when I was going back to work. I took their electronics (only two boys) until they cleaned the upstairs to my standards .

Thanks Jacqui Yes green tea is wonderful though I can't drink much of it when I have to go out. I'd stay in the bathroom ... the kids and my husband always say, "Didn't you just go to the bathroom?!" drives me nuts Jacqui like you I have an issue with constipation no matter what I do, I can't seem to get enough fiber. I even tried Metamucil and that didn't work. I bought some Insync to try. The reviews are good for it. I just need to remember to take it daily I can only see the pictures you post on my ipad. My laptop has some blocker thing on it that says the site posses a threat of free and nudity Hey maybe you needed that 3 days off. You know I was just thinking, Jacqui is gonna be in the 170's in a blink ... I'd better get it movin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewildered View Post
Didn't see the other posts...I'm having some weird twitchy face thing going on and posted before I was ready...I'm falling apart y'all! sigh

Rennie, great to see you girlfriend!!! I wish I had suggestions, but seems like no matter what I do, everything seems to backfire on me. The only thing I know to do for sure is not give up and keep getting back on the wagon.
Bewildered, don't fall apart I have that issue with my eyes at times. I chalk it up to stress. My youngest can always see it when it happens and she'll say, "why is your eye doing that? are you mad?" She's funny ... Ha things I try seem to backfiring also because I don't give myself a fair chance I think. I think I give into temptation too easily ... and now that I have said it I know it's the honest truth. So how do I fix it with 4 children and a junk food phonetic husband???? ... Thanks Bewildered I'm praying that I don't give up and that I don't let the wagon get to far away from me that I can't jump back on

Bewildered, Bummer on that maple log. Don't you hate it when someone tells you something is super delicious and you try it and it's mediocre ... but like you said, now you know. My sons tried maple bacon doughnuts at Sheetz and loved them. Just the thought wasn't appealing to me. Put it n/on a pancake and I may just try it My final numbers for August weren't great so I'm hoping September is a better month Hope your stomach is better. Did you make the wings? My oldest son loves spicy. He tries to compete with me to see who can stand the most. I usually give up when my nose starts to run YAY for rain

Chicky I so want a new sewing machine Do you use the ones that you purchase or just fix them up for display? Enjoy your road trip. I agree with Bewildered, feeling good is the best part about eating on plan ... so why don't I do it (I have to ask myself )

PrairieQueen that cheese sounds good I picked up my Kerrygold at Whole Foods. I wonder if they have the cheese. My kids love love cheese. I'd have to hide it deep in the fridge to make it last for me

Well eating right paid off and I dropped 4.3lbs of gunk. No crazy, uncontrollable snacking yesterday. Only a cup of sea salt popcorn 37 calories because I wanted something salty and that was hard to stop. Hope today is a repeat with my food Weight today 173.6

Last edited by love2b150; 09-01-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rennie, be careful with the cheese if you have trouble with constipation. You guys might get jealous of me, but I have 3-5 bowel movements a day. Between that and my urge incontinence I spend a lot of time in the bathroom, and our water bill can get pretty high from all the flushing. I don't know why I go so often.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #126  

Carol Sue, I am definitely jealous of how often you go to the bathroom, lol! I am doing better right now, so I'm not changing things up at the moment, but when I run into this issue again (and I will), Chickadeee told me of a product to try. In fact, Rennie, I wanted to mention this product to you since you're having trouble with constipation too. It's called KONSYL. She said it's completely natural, having 100% psyllium fiber, and you mix it with water or any kind of drink. She said you take for a day or two but it works great and has no side effects. I forget where she said you can buy it (if she even told me ). Chickadeee, where do you buy that? Anyway, Carol Sue, because of how much water I drink, I still run to the bathroom a lot, so we have quite a bit of flushing going on around here too, lol! I understand now on the Torso Track. I was thinking it worked just like the little wheel. But since it "springs" you back to your starting position, it sounds like a wonderful exercise machine! But still, please do be careful since you don't know if it caused or contributed to your injury last time! You are rocking it in your exercise room! Way to go! And I miss Mars too!!! Did she mention how long she would be on vacation? It seems like forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Jacqui, As always you've hit the nail on the head ... I have one day down just focusing on eating right. Took a lot of convincing and I mean alot, but I did it I did have a good weekend. I was off Thursday, Friday and Saturday. That has not happens since the beginning of December. My manager moved to another station and she blessed me with that schedule before she left. My youngest was happy I was here but the boys wanted to know when I was going back to work. I took their electronics (only two boys) until they cleaned the upstairs to my standards .
Rennie, You are doing great! And I am so happy to hear that you got a long weekend! Is that going to be a permanent thing or is your schedule set up week to week? I hope it's permanent! I think that would help you tremendously! Your boys asking when you were going back to work because you made them clean thoroughly made me laugh out loud! Hahaha! That sounds so like kids!

Quote:
Hey maybe you needed that 3 days off. You know I was just thinking, Jacqui is gonna be in the 170's in a blink ... I'd better get it movin'
Yep! You better stay on the ball, girlie, because I'm coming for ya! Lol! I haven't forgotten how you kicked my butt big-time the last time we were around the same weight! You have me beat by 15 lbs right now, but I'm on my way! (I want you to keep on your way too! )

Quote:
Well eating right paid off and I dropped 4.3lbs of gunk. No crazy, uncontrollable snacking yesterday. Only a cup of sea salt popcorn 37 calories because I wanted something salty and that was hard to stop. Hope today is a repeat with my food Weight today 173.6
Yay! I know it's hard, but you know it will get easier if you just keep doing it, and I know you can do it! I still say no one has as much resolve as you when you put your mind to it! on being back in the lower 170's! 160's, here she comes!

Mars, we miss you! When are you coming back?

Chickadeee, Bewildered, Mary, PrairieQueen, Katiecatherine, I hope y'all are having a great day!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-01-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #127  

Yay, it's a new month, a new month, a new month (yes I'm singing, lol)! Don't you just love the fresh start of a new month? And I'm back down to 188! Hopefully, that number will keep falling!

Week 18:
8/30--190.5
8/31--189.5
9/1--188
9/2--
9/3--
9/4--
9/5--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 eggs fried in coconut oil
A slice of ham
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio (I like this so much better than the Oikos!)
A tbsp of coconut oil
Mio water

Lunch:
Large field greens and veggies salad with walnuts, leftover fried chicken breast (skin removed), and ranch dressing
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
Ribeye steak
Baked beans
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
2-mile walk around the track, 30 minutes on the elliptical, 10 miles on the recumbent bike, 3 sets of 12 reps each on 5 leg and hip machines and 5 waist and back machines (I can't do this much every day. My knees won't take it, but I wanted to do it again today, hopefully to get this Carb Day weight, which was higher than usual, to drop back off fairly quickly. )

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-01-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #128  
~Rennie

Carol, I typically eat the cheese as a filler/snack. I never thought about it aiding to constipation, hummm ... Wow, I call people that go to the bathroom to poop alot Baby Alive dolls, lol because what goes in comes out You are so lucky. I do good to go every other day

Jacqui, I will look for it. I'll google it like everything else No that was a fluke! I had this Friday off and the new manager scratched it out and wrote work. Our schedule is made weekly unfortunately. Ha at the rate you are going, you are gonna surely catch me much sooner than later. GO YOU!! Well hubby and I decided to go see the movie War Room and we ate almost two tubs of popcorn with butter. Popcorn is usually a killer for me so we shall see. I can tell you that I don't want anything else to eat. And I'll know the full effect of the salt and butter in the morning when I take my rings off before work. Hoping for the best

Mars, I'm back where are you Missy

Chicky, which KONSYL do you take? I see there's a sugar free one also, but it says laxative.

today was a good day until the popcorn. Any suggestions on how to combat that (just in case)

Last edited by love2b150; 09-01-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #129  

Chicky, which KONSYL do you take? I see there's a sugar free one also, but it says laxative.

Rennie, I will tell you this works, my DH and I have been taking it for 15+ yrs, you will be regular with no bad side effects (all natural). We buy the Original Formula from Walgreens. You just have to make it a daily thing to take it and you will be comfortable, no more plugged up days (sorry)
Old 09-01-2015, 10:51 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
Rennie, I will tell you this works, my DH and I have been taking it for 15+ yrs, you will be regular with no bad side effects (all natural). We buy the Original Formula from Walgreens. You just have to make it a daily thing to take it and you will be comfortable, no more plugged up days (sorry)
Chickadeee, oh, you take it every day? I thought you just took it as needed. Hm, I may have to make a trip to CVS, If there's a way to prevent the constipation from happening again, I should probably be proactive about it!

Rennie, that's too bad the schedule was only temporary, but I'm glad you were able to get the long weekend and enjoy it! Oh my, that movie popcorn IS super tempting, but if you have to be tempted by something, I'd think popcorn would be one of the better things, wouldn't you? However, if you do go up on the scale, stay strong! Don't take that as a license to blow the progress you've made! You can take the water weight back off without too much trouble. You don't want to add real weight on top of it! So just strengthen your resolve, keep your focus, and keep going!
Old 09-02-2015, 06:26 AM   #131  

OK, has anyone done the Atkins Diet? Information search.

And the best way to prevent constipation is to be proactive, keep things moving all along. The one thing that does me in, is too much dairy. But this stuff really works.

Off to work, yeah!!!!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #132  

Chickadeee, years ago when Atkins first became popular, I decided to give it a go. I think it may have added more veggies since it first came out, but I'm not sure. It was extremely limited then, even when you got past the initial stage. The things I remember most were I got sick to death of eggs and meat, I had bad breath and was always concerned about it, and I struggled with constipation more than usual. I loved the diet at first but quickly came to hate it. And I missed my sweets something awful! I think Atkins works really well for some people, but then I think that's how diets are. Everyone just has to find what works best for them!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #133  

Woohoo! Back down to 187! C'mon scale! Keep going! :

Week 18:
8/30--190.5
8/31--189.5
9/1--188
9/2--187
9/3--
9/4--
9/5--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 eggs fried in coconut oil
A slice of ham
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio (I like this so much better than the Oikos!)
Mio water

Lunch: @ Wendy's
A plain double with cheese with the bun removed
A small chili
Water

Snack:

Dinner: @ Denny's
2 scrambled eggs
4 sausage links
Water with lemon

Today's Exercise:
1-mile walk around the track, 2 miles on the recumbent bike, 3 sets of 12 reps each on 7 arm and chest machines and 5 waist and back machines

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 09-03-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #134  
~Rennie

Thanks Chicky I'll give it a try I tried Atkins a while back. I actually dropped 11lbs in 7 days but the headaches got to me. It definitely works as does the Dukan Diet. Good information in their books. I picked them up at the library to skim through before I bought them. You can get a lot of info off google and of course good ole' 3FC. Lots of threads here for Atkins. I only knew of one for Dukan, not sure it that one is still active or not.

Jacqui, only up .9, not bad. I've done well today. I had some lentil and rice crackers with 2 slices of ham and a slice of extra sharp white cheddar on the way home. I had a smoothie and 2 small apples on the way to work. I have Bible study this evening so I need to take a nap since I don't get to sleep for long when I get home. Not much time for eating so it'll be an OP day Jacqui I had enough of eggs then also, I can do chicken/fish daily if someone cooks it for me ... lazy cook here That's interesting about the bad breath ...

weight today 174.5

Last edited by love2b150; 09-02-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I made four loaves (one for now, three for freezer) of chocolate zucchini bread mainly for hubs but I wanted something choc today. I made a healthier version than usual and had ONE bite of hubs' piece. I can't believe it, but that was enough of a fix to keep me going.
Closed Thread