Old 10-23-2016, 08:13 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 229/186/143

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

There I was, chuffed to bits to find a Dukan thread from this year...but it seems people have been too busy to keep up. Is anyone still out there? As I wrote in thread #3, I have over 60 lbs to lose and can't do it on my own

If there are any Dukan buddies out there, report to my desk immediately

I'm on day 5 of 6-day attack phase and despite feeling nauseous, which I'm keeping at bay by chewing very strong minty gum, I'm relieved to find it fairly easy. How has your experience been so far? Would love to hear from you.

Cheers
Mila
milacikova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:23 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 168/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Starting the Dukan diet today!!! Really excited about this! It seems easier to stick to than others and less restrictive than Atkins. I also like the phase built in to prevent regaining the weight... wish me luck!!!
Punky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #48  

Default Let's get this show on the road!

Best of luck, Punky!

Do tell me how you're getting on. Although I wish I weighed what you do but in the end, it is such a personal and individual decision, I can fully understand that you want to live a "lighter" life, just like all of us.

Texas gearing up nicely for Christmas?
Old 10-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #49  

This is the start of day three of the attack phase and I am sad to say I had a flour tortilla! Oh well back to all meats for the rest of the day!
I have the worst will power ever!! I know that it is slow and steady wins the race and I am determined!!!

Our weight goals are about the same! I haven't weighed 140 since I was about 22, I am 43 now! Whoa! But hey I am done having kids and they aren't babies anymore so it's time right?? I know that losing the next 10 lbs will probably be fairly easy but then that last 15 will be painful!!!

Good luck to you! You have done awesome already!! And it's still hot in Texas and so not much Christmas spirit around here just yet! HAHAH!
Old 10-26-2016, 09:43 AM   #50  

How have you done so far?? Still on attack phase?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #51  

Still hot? Lucky you, I'm already going to bed with my trusted hot water bottle. That's England for you

Am on day 2 of Cruise phase, losts 5 lbs in 6 Attack days, just like the Dukan calculator said I would. How are you finding it? I was delighted not to have any cravings or be hungry. Until today when I ate for two, but only salmon, eggs etc. And lots of diet cherry coke for my sweet tooth. Do you crave more sweet or savoury foods?

Did you at least enjoy the tortilla? Then it was worth it. I think it's more important to get back on the horse, and not worry about falling off. If we were perfect riders, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place, so up you go again, Punky!

We can always race each other to our last 15 lbs...but you are right, slow and steady. Although I would admit 5 lbs every week would also be slow and steady in my book.

Oh, and we're exactly the same age. I'll be 43 for a few more days. Planned a short trip for my birthday, hoping I can stay on plan. (This is where I would insert the little willpower dust icon, have you seen it in other posts?).